• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

IrishGooner93

Footballers want to play with other footballers and it’s clear the rest of the players just don’t rate him. No point being near him as you can’t combine with him
It's obviously a tactical decision to have martinelli in space and more isolated against his opponent as that's supposed to be his strength and main reason for being in the team. I'm not saying its really working or effective but I'm sure that's the "plan"

jaystewart

The issue with him at this moment is that for a team to win things, every starter has to kind of have a floor. They can have matches where they're poor (though hopefully not long stretches) but the degree to which they're poor can't be such that it feels like they're playing against you. He's had now probably 4-5 matches this season where he's been that poor and that is not going to cut it for a team with any real aspirations beyond participation.

Now beyond the 4-5 games where he's been truly diabolical, you've got another 8-10 where he's been bad and maybe 2-3 where he's been good with the rest being ok. That's a big issue. You can't be relying on a player in that sort of form. There has to be a level that he doesn't dip below and he is well below what is acceptable right now.
Doesn't strike me as technically good enough or intelligent enough to have an acceptable base performance. He's a Darwin Nunez which has been watered down by Arteta. Probably why Klopp spoke so highly of Martinelli.

fute

Doesn't strike me as technically good enough or intelligent enough to have an acceptable base performance. He's a Darwin Nunez which has been watered down by Arteta. Probably why Klopp spoke so highly of Martinelli.

Martinelli fits how Klopp likes to play in the attack and pressing. All pace, hustle and bustle.

If your team is a possession based style playing against a low-block, it pretty much negates Martinelli's effectiveness, offensively.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Honestly believe CL is the perfect time to use Martinelli as a striker. Should've just swapped Trossard and Martinelli at one point and have Martinelli play on the shoulder of old man Pepe.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
GG-qRWaW0AADLdf

GG8Q88fWIAAHH_U

Martinelli's second personal 9/11.

pireshenry

He’s in a rough patch. I’ve sat second row and when watching us live from close up he is by far the most electric player we have. He needs to start getting the final ball right but the talent is there. Might not be helping that he’s forced to hug the touchline. I understand why Arteta sticks with Kai because we are more solid defensively but having Jorginho in gives us another dimension.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Bounced back superbly from his horror show midweek. It seems Jorginho unlocks this guy, pretty sure Martinelli's best performances recently are when he's starting.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Bounced back superbly from his horror show midweek. It seems Jorginho unlocks this guy, pretty sure Martinelli's best performances recently are when he's starting.

He needs someone to find him when he’s making runs and Jorginho is that guy. And he needs Arteta to allow him to make runs which I don’t think he did against Porto.

He also needs strikers to gamble and make a run towards goal when he’s getting into crossing positions. Never thought I’d say this but apparently Kai is that guy…

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom