• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,159,325

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Oh ok, thanks, They look incredible, so dominant. England has a nice crop coming up.

PS. It sometimes feels a little weird to talk about youth prospects like we do lol. "A nice crop".
Such is the clinical nature of the hyper-capitalistic business football has become in my lifetime that the terms we use feel second nature and we're taught to treat players like cattle or commodities. It is no wonder that players look out for their own interests.

oh to be a goon

Found these videos of Patino playing for England last April. Actually an amazing quality set of games, maybe the best youth games I've ever seen.

Does anyone know which age group this was for?
Also are there any other Arsenal players in this XI?

Someone has actually made Patino's highlights from these 2 games

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

salaheddine-and-joe-willock-of-arsenal-during-a-training-session-at-picture-id1270647477

Manberg

Predator
Can we have match threads in this sub forum for U23 and U18 games this season? Or possibly one thread with a changing title for the next fixture?

I'd like to start watching academy games but I keep forgetting the fixtures.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Can we have match threads in this sub forum for U23 and U18 games this season? Or possibly one thread with a changing title for the next fixture?

I'd like to start watching academy games but I keep forgetting the fixtures.
Most of the time they don't get streamed unfortunately. I'll try and make a thread wherever there's a possible stream in the coming season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

One who could be contending for a place in the first team squad soon. Hale End Maicon.

If he's lucky and continues to progress he could end up being bashed on A-M too!
New to the U23 scene, made his debut last season but not appeared as much because Swanson was the main guy - he is now on loan in Holland. Oyegoke is very talented though and an England youth international. Strong, good size and a powerful runner, but most exciting to me is his ease in possession, particularly on the dribble. Makes a move for Bogle relatively redundant in the long term as he is quite tricky and capable of beating defenders in attacking situations in his own right. Where I'd like to see him improve is in his positioning and defending space, but 1v1 he's very strong.

Vanfrothan

Not sure how to share it but Dan Critchlow at Daily Cannon posted a video of George Lewis' goal against t*ttenham in the U23 friendly on Saturday that really impressed me.

Nice lay off and then straight on his bike to get on the end of Cottrell's perfect through ball and then a confident finish. One to watch?

Hopefully the link below works. Apologies, still a bit of a rookie.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom