• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Giovani dos Santos

Status
Not open for further replies.

black187

Get it, he's free. If he turns out to be crap we can allways send him back to barca - for money offcourse. :D

Lazyboy

get get get, its the best way to compete in the future with asses like abrahomovich (i don't know if i spelled it right and i couldn't care less) ruining the game with their spending power. If we get all the best talent hehe, what is sad lil' mourinho going to do then :evil:

el jefe

Lazyboy said:
get get get, its the best way to compete in the future with asses like abrahomovich (i don't know if i spelled it right and i couldn't care less) ruining the game with their spending power. If we get all the best talent hehe, what is sad lil' mourinho going to do then :evil:
You spelled it wrong, but managed to get "homo" in there, so you are forgiven. :lol:

Gurgen

Established Member
pha2er said:
he's free? according to Barca he's contracted to them for 4 years.

He only has a youth contract, so basically free. We would have to pay marginal compensation.

Another legend from the magic world of management games :lol:
That Anderson of Brazil U-17 is also good, he's the one with the afro if I'm not mistaken.

joechapman.2005

he's excellent for his age, very left sided though but in the ronaldinho mold, but i think the comparasons are mainly there because they have simliar hair and look reasnobly like each other, needs to bulk up a bit though but he's defintly one of the stars of the u17 tournement. seems like barca pick up great youngsters at a very young age; messi at 13 and this guy they must have a great scouting network to pick them up all the way out of europe in argintina and mexico before anybody else does.

Buhry

Established Member

Oh my. This is so exiting. I have seen him, he is great, a big promise.
And he would probably want to consider a move to us, as Barca have too many non-EU players, and as we have had suksess with Fabregas and Reyes.
We allow young players to acctually play.
Would be brilliant, you know.

longrufus

Established Member
Work permit, someone is actually thinking, hooray!

He is contracted for another 4 years! You are all mistaken if you think its another Fabregas or Pique case. The reason Arsenal and United respectively got these barca kids on the cheap was they were not old enough to sign a professional contract in spain (16). This kid is 17 which means if he is contracted for another 4 years it is on a professional contract.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Arsenal are keen to capture Barcelona youngster Giovanni Dos Santos. (News of the World)

I'm sure Barcelona would sacrifice him if they could get Henry.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Uh... As if Barca would let him go like the Fabregas case. I mean surely those fatcats at Barca have lectured him about transfer, contract, bla bla bla and more bla bla

But it would be great if he would like to come

Octavio - gunner

Giovanni dos Santos next Ronaldinho for Arsenal (hopefully)

Giovanni dos Santos, mexican young star, won the silver ball in the U-17 (loosing the golden ball to a good brazilian player who I think got it just because he got injured in the final). Trains with barca B and is 16 years old. Considered amongst barca fans to be next Ronaldinho. I found this news in internet from BBC news. If anyone wants to read it in spanish here's the linkhttp://news8.thdo.bbc.co.uk/hi/spanish/misc/la_vida_es_juego/newsid_4300000/4300116.stm
I'll translate the best I can the important parts:

By Raúl Fain Binda, BBC world writter.

Very few, among the great emotions in sports, are near to the pleasure of finding a genius player. In football, a genius comes out every once in a while. There are many talented, but real cracks are counted with the fingers in one hand.
This natural lackness of cracks makes unbelieveable the coincidence for the Fútbol Club Barcelona, to have a grown crack, Ronaldinho, a new crack, Lionel Messi, and a third one still growing, Giovanni dos Santos.
Then he talks about the difference between a Crack and a talented player, a bit about Ronaldinho and Messi... which you all know about... and here comes the interesting part:
As to Giovanni dos Santos, critics say he was the big responsable for the good game of the mexican team in the U-17 world cup.
In that final dos Santos felt like in home, representing his country against the country of his father, Gerardo dos Santos, better known as Zizinho, a brazil international who played for the mexican club America.
It is hard to believe that the directors that spent fortunes in players they didn't need, are the same that raised Messi and Fabregas, now a figure (at 18) in Arsenal.
Barcelona's directors, know that Messi, with a $180m recesion clause in his contract is saved from leaving like Fabregas, but they are afraid of loosing dos Santos.
Zizinho (father and legal owner) has declared in Lima that his son already has profesional offers from Manchester United, Arsenal, América and Monterrey.

The news is dated October 1st 2005, but I don't think a lot has changed since.

Hope you understood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom