• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Giovani dos Santos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
All Mexican players are average. I watch them day in day out.

Vela may shut me up though. I hope so.

Don't get me started with the Mexicans.

Yes including their bloody captain Márquez.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
that isn't a very fair general statement for mexicans aren't they?

they have quite alot of talents. and even more so with the upcoming batch. ochoa, vela, esparza...

illmatik

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
that isn't a very fair general statement for mexicans aren't they?

they have quite alot of talents. and even more so with the upcoming batch. ochoa, vela, esparza...

Don't forget Castillo and Guardado too, they look like exceptional talents

nazo

Established Member
Don't want him, don't need him. We got enough of his kind, we need a proper winger.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Asterix said:
He sounds like a bit of a prima donna - thinks he's better than he is.

Couldn't have said it any better. I've seen all his first team matches for Barca and this kid is extremely wasteful, selfish and overrated.

go49oner

Established Member
Re: Barça Ready To Sell Dos Santos

SSN are reporting that Sp**s are close to signing him for 11million pounds.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member

Thats another good piece of business by Sp**s but they usually waste talent down there anyway and they need to get a proper CM and shore up that defence

I saw the last match of the seasonwhere he played CM and scored a hat trick. He really reminded me of Anderson with his strength and high energy levels but he had something Anderson didnt have and that was finishing. Good buy, he probably wants to be near his best mate Vela like modric with Eduardo more though lol
Typical, Arsenal probably didnt want them so they go for the second best

11vanpersie

Don't see why signing him could be bad. He is still developing - we could all say the same about Walcott, not living up to his potential straight away and Theo is older than Giovanni. Would help Vela settle in, and once Arsène has controlled his party lifestyle I do not see why he could not be a success in our team.

lee1001

Established Member

Seems Sp**s finally have a manager who knows what he's doing. They are definatley moving in the right direction.

Dunne and Dos Santos are both excellent signings (if completed) and go along way to solve problems within their squad.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Dos Santso will whinge about missing CL football. I don't worry about him going to sp*ds.

nazo

Established Member

Overrated but will only get better. 11mil (pounds i guess) is too much for him.

Lukazan

Established Member

His hattrick was very nice, but I've not been at all impressed everytime I've seen him.

AFCFan4Ever

Nasri for 11 mil. or Dos Santos for 11 mil.?

Not even close IMO...we're making the much better buy.

Wenger14

Established Member

Dos Santos and Dunne? Good buys for a club of their stature.

Would go someway in helping them break into the top half of the table.

longrufus

Established Member

Bluenaz sums it up quite nicely, overrated but will improve.

He could be a very good player in the near future, not everyone who turns out to be a star is a star at 18. I think a move to the premiership wouldn't be the best in terms of his development, im not sure he could develop here, the Spanish style suits his play better.

True Gooner

Established Member

Never really impressed me this season, plus I think the Spanish league would suit him better and he doesnt seem like the 'pass and move' kind of player.

Can we get Bojan instead? That kid will be huge.

Nela

Established Member

I think Vela and Nasri will adapt to the PL better/faster than Dos Santos.

gstew

true gooner said:
Can we get Bojan instead? That kid will be huge.

Do we have an extra 40 million pounds sitting around? Because that is what he would cost.

The media crack me up sometimes. While they were making a big deal over Pato (who will be very good) Bojan was five times the prospect. Here are my notes from the youth tourney last summer:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33216&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30

"I watched the Spain/Korea U17 match today. Merida looked good and he looks like he should eventually challenge for the first team. But right now he is too one-footed and loses the ball with unnecessary dribbling....the type of stuff that you would expect from any/every 17 year old. It just reinforces how rare a talent Cesc is. Merida may be ready for the Carling Cup squad in 08/09.

But the player that jumps off the TV screen is Bojan Krkic. He is the best 17 year old that I have ever seen (this includes both Rooney and Cesc, although I never saw Ronaldo play at 17). How good is he? He would start for over half the Premiership clubs and would be their leading scorer this season! He is very fast, smart, is a great passer and an absolutely phenomenal shooter. Barring injury, I believe that he will be Barca's leading scorer within three years. He is already better than Dos Santos and I believe that he will very soon be Messi's equal. I don't know how Barca does it!! Of course this one was easy, as his dad is a Barca scout. I recommend that anyone who can watch him play now, do so. You will be watching soccer's next great superstar.

Is it possible to come to these outrageous conclusions the first time a player is watched? Normally I would say it is not possible. But every once in a while it can occur. For me this has only occurred twice. The first time was when I watched a CONMEBOL qualifying match for the 1999 Youth World Cup. Ronaldinho's skill was so extraordinary that it looked like he could do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. The first game I watched of his I was certain that he would become a superstar. The second time I experienced this phenomenon was today. Trust me....Bojan is that good. "

nazo

Established Member

Bojan will never leave Barca. The guy is a legend there and he's not even 18 (is he?). Dos Santos on the other hand... i know a bunch of Barca fans and they hate him and overall it seems like he's leaving. For 11mil (considering the quality of players going for that price) it is a big rip off. Anything below 5mil is good, especially since he is still very young and will improve. He's not a bad player tbh, but waaay too overrated.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member

Gstew I remember when you wrote that and that even made me decide to do some research and watch a lot of Bojan. Him along with Gay Assulin where the hottest properties down the barac youth last year.

During the summer many big teams wanted them but barac made sure he signed a pro contract and put him on the first team ASAP before clubs like us could swipe them off their books for next to nothing.

Back to dos santos, I think he could be a great player long term. He had an average season for a youngster breaking into the first team. I think people thought he would explode like messi and bojan but if you balance his performances, he did okay. The burden shouldnt be on him to win games, barac were terrible this year

He can be a long term centre mid lke Anderson after his display in the final match of La Liga in centre mid. That was a 5 star performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom