• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Giovani dos Santos

Status
Not open for further replies.

otfgoon

Established Member
Re: Barça Ready To Sell Dos Santos

I've never really liked Dos Santos and would not really want him here. Having said that he's got loads of potential and could be a great signing for Sp**s if they get him.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

No thank you. The kid is extremely overrated, especially by himself.

Bojan on the other hand is already an excellent player and is only going to get better. Barca will never let him go though.

Zico

Established Member

The young man is rumored to be going to Sp**s. He's good, but I'm not sure he gives us anything Vela won't provide. I'm happy for Sp**s. With players like Modric, Bale and Dos Santos, in future they'll be able to give us a bit more competition.

Gurgen

Established Member

I will laugh my arse off if Sp**s pay 11m pounds for this guy.

Nasri for 11m - Dos Santos 11m, hmm tough choice.. :lol:

patrick42uk

Established Member

Never really rated him, till i saw his hattrick in the last game of the season and thought 'this boy has something'. Not just individual ability and technical ability, but ability to link with his team as well. When you look at Walcott for instance, we appreicate just how difficult it can be for a young player with potential to transfer that into meaningful performances at the top level. I wonder if that performance would represent a water-shed for him. I think, at the very least, it will motivate Barcelona to keep him for another season.

lee1001

Established Member

People keep saying he's overatted and i admit i havent seen him play that much. However i watched every Mexico game in the U-20 world cup and he was one of the players of the tournament, he stood out more than Vela thats for sure.

11vanpersie

People are saying £11million for Nasri or Giovanni, but how about buying both? Other clubs buy 2 £11million players so why do people see us as not buying them this summer? If were going to improve our squad then we need to sign more players. For me Nasri is Rosickys replacement so we still need a replacement for Hleb and of course Flamini.

Webdesignlab

Established Member

lee1001 said:
People keep saying he's overatted and i admit i havent seen him play that much. However i watched every Mexico game in the U-20 world cup and he was one of the players of the tournament, he stood out more than Vela thats for sure.

He's good for Mexico, he plays with his heart, but not at club level. A good player but maybe only a little better than average. HBA Nasri .... many better options.

otfgoon

Established Member

lee1001 said:

It was in the U20's where I started to dislike him as a player, he was incredibly selfish and the ultimate glory hunter. Rarely ever passed the ball unless he had no other choice. There was one game in particular where he chose to run with the ball himself on several occasions ignoring the likes of Vela and Villaluz who would be in tons of space.

He's been better at Barca though, I guess playing alongside other big names will do that.

gunnerama911

That's my main gripe with him, he's a selfish little runt who couldn't give a sh*t about the team or the players around him.

number_0

Established Member

For 11m I would look elsewhere, I am sure this dude will be a super star if he chose the right club, and if i was him i would go to Sp**s, they are the best club for him atm.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

If Anderson and Nani go for 15-17 million each, I don't see how 11 mil for Dos Santos is a bump, considering todays market for over hyped super kids.

I am actually very suprised at the comments here. He is overated but you really can't expect him to shine in a club like Barca. They are known for letting young quality players go very easily.

I would say that 11 mil would be a good buy for sp*rs, but they never really do much with their young talent.

otfgoon

Established Member

psycho said:
If Anderson and Nani go for 15-17 million each, I don't see how 11 mil for Dos Santos is a bump, considering todays market for over hyped super kids.

I am actually very suprised at the comments here. He is overated but you really can't expect him to shine in a club like Barca. They are known for letting young quality players go very easily.

I would say that 11 mil would be a good buy for sp*rs, but they never really do much with their young talent.

You mean like Iniesta, Bojan and Messi?

Then you have the likes of Xavi, Puyol and Valdes in the first team who are all homegrown too.

I agree though, 11m hardly a massive price for him.

asajoseph

Established Member

Barca are not known for letting their kids leave easily - British clubs are however known for taking advantage of legislation in Spain that prevents 16 year olds from signing pro deals, and Barca, with an academy as good as theirs, seem to regularly fall prey to this. Not much they can do about it.

That said, Dos Santos has looked incredibly ordinary every time I've seen him play for Barca. He may be a talented kid, but the hype surrounding him is extra-ordinary.

Jaded

There's a reason why Guardiola who was the coach for the Barcelona cantera and their B team letting Dos Santos go. If he really want him to stay, i'll bet he will indeed stay with the squad currently look a bit depleted with the on going saga with Ronaldinho, Deco and Eto'o. Speaking as someone who has watched him regularly for Barça this season, he strikes me of someone who has the talent but somehow there's a stumbling block who keeping him away from realizing his potential.

He is extremely selfish, his decision making keep letting him down, his passing range is very limited, doesn't have necessary set of trick to be touted as the next Ronaldinho, and mentally he is at least 3-4 years behind the likes of Bojan. The Spanish media 2 years ago are raving mad about him, but this day he always at the back burner to other wonderkid his age.

For 11 mil, absolutely no. But for <5 mil, yes i think he's worth the risk. He has the talent, and with under careful eye of Wenger, he could become a very good player, not a great player, but someone who could become useful for us.

gstew

Gio is obviously quite talented and is still so young that I find it hard to believe that any of us can successfully conclude right now his potential success or failure. Once you take the Cescs, Messis, Ronaldos and Rooneys out of the equation, how many 18 year olds have achieved at the highest level of world football? There is no level higher than playing for Barca in the middle of a fight for La Liga. 18-19 year olds are purchased on potential, not production. And Gio certainly has potential.

I am not advocating that Arsenal pursue him, but considering today's prices I wouldn't conclude that Sp**s are overpaying.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Exactly.
Its not like hes some "talent" from Gillingham. He is 18, in Barcelona's first team.

In todays market, 11 mil for such a hyped player isn't expensive at all.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

A few reports suggest that the new deal is worth just 8 million euros and not £11 million quoted by certain papers. If so it would be a great deal for the Spuds.

JazzG

Established Member

http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/english/ ... 04464.html

He has joined the Spuds for 6 mill euros (~£4.75mill) rising up to a maximum of 11 mill euros (~8.75mill). They will also get 20% of any transfer made in his first two years and 10% for anything after. Decent deal for Sp**s but out of the little I'd seen of him didn't think he was all that but have seen too little to give a serious judgement on him. Barca possilbly don't think to high of him either if they are willing to let him go cheap and so easily, they would never let Bojan go but letting Giovani go easily.

Time to lock this one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom