Hector Bellerin: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by samshere, Aug 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Top Quality

Top Quality Active Member

Heh, that might be true...! You get the sense some of these guys haven't cared about anything else since they were like 5 years old. I think about that when some footballers are asked about their favourite artist/film/etc - and the struggle really seems just to be able to come up with a believable answer.

Anyway, I have the feeling the main hobby for a lot of footballers is their family... Which is fine! But I think even someone like Arteta (assuming he's generally a 24/7 football guy), spends several hours a day not reading tactical analysis - but hanging out with his kids, gardening, cooking, ...I don't know. At least I hope he does!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  2. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ews/manchester-citys-kevin-de-bruyne-10548175

Old interview but he reiterated this again very recently in an interview I can’t find now. In any case, it’s ok to not be a 24/7 football guy you can still be a top player in your position.

Trilly, krengon and lomekian like this.
  3. MartiSaka

MartiSaka Member

Infact I would say I would prefer a player to use their time outside of training effectively rather than playing games and watching television for many hours each day.
    You don't want him sitting around in his own head all afternoon/night worrying about the next game.
    You often notice highly effective people are good at a number of disciplines (i.e. academics, business and/or athletics) and the skills they learn and habits they form can transfer across areas. I can't recall Bellerin has ever been dropped or called out as a poor trainer by a manager like a number of others, and he undertakes additional activities like Yoga that offer some supplemental benefit to his core training.

oh to be a goon likes this.
  4. MartiSaka

MartiSaka Member

They called it team bonding right, getting to know your team mates.

5. Monstar-Gunn4r

Monstar-Gunn4r Well-Known Member

Think hes coming back in to form now, showing it through better ball control, passing and looking to take on players while getting more involved. A good performance against Son today would do him a world of good.

krackpot, tcahill, NieThePiet and 4 others like this.
  6. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Only thing that matters is quality tbh. If he was performing at a high level none of this would be seen as an issue, which it really isn't..

7. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

Solid again today. Guess that's why nobody posted. Should have had an assist. Twice in the last two games Laca and Auba should have done better with the ball.

El Duderino likes this.
  8. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Probably the worst player we have and it's shocking that he is still a starter. Think the time when "RB is not our priority atm" is coming to an and. RB is definitely a priority this summer and this guy needs to leave. You know it's bad when we start asking questions like when will some nobody like Soares start instead of him

9. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

Gazidis that you??

10. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Actually thought he had a decent game today.

NieThePiet and El Duderino like this.
  11. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Best of the defenders today..

NieThePiet and El Duderino like this.
  12. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

He was excellent at times today. Like the Bellerin of old.

El Duderino likes this.
  13. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Did well again today.

Shame Mustafi and Kola got in the way of him planting some trees.

lomekian and Marjorie like this.
  14. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Still far from his best but good to see some signs of improvement at least.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  15. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

He was good today and has been getting better gradually. I hope he gets over his injury fully.

16. Oxeki

Oxeki New Thread Merchant

Kolasinac or Mustafi probably hacked your account :lol:

El Duderino likes this.
  17. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

Hector "Pass it backwards" Bellerin should be this thread's name.

18. bojed

bojed AM Resident Joker #1 Trusted

Meh. 5/10.

19. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

The two of them are idiots for sure, but Bellerin is an absolute poverty every time he touches the ball. I was a huge fan when Bellerin started with us and he wasn't that popular among the fans back then, but it looks like I was tricked by his pace

20. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Bellerin starts....more dropped points....didnt happen when we had Sokratis playing RB.

DermzAFC likes this.