• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I'm German and watching him in the league as well - your argument isn't going to be better by that fact, if you phrase it like that it's nonesense - it's like the weird stuff of people recently comparing Xhaka and Partey, they are nothing alike.

It's not recent though, it's been going on for years. I do admit that Swiss nati (where they are similary used)/media bias may play a role there.

I'm not disagreeing that the comparison is unfair btw. They are different. I'm saying the comparison is there.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Playing two DLP's next to a roaming number 8 with absolutely no physical presence in a midfield 3 is simply asking for trouble.

Like @OnlyOne says, pogba would run through that midfield at Trashford.

Xhaka and Ceballos worked towards the end of last season, didn’t it?

I think you’re looking at it in a bit too much detail tbh. Against the top 6 teams, Arteta has already got this 3-4-3 formation for the top 6 sides but we’re struggling to create against the smaller sides.

If the reports are true then Utd are going with Pogba, Fernandes and VDB in midfield, not sure how that midfield walks through Xhaka, Ceballos and Aouar tbh, our one is more balanced.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Oh, considering I have a german here @SingmeasongSong what do you think about Ruben Vargas at Augsburg?

Mmh, sorry mate, that's one I have to pass on because I dont follow that club. It's already rare that I watch a lot of the BL since I've got so little time and I prefer to focus on the Prem and thr best bits of La liga.

Only following Dortmund and Gladbach because of friends and because I really like them.
Bayern just since that's my local club, but not a big fan to be honest

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
It's not recent though, it's been going on for years. I do admit that Swiss nati (where they are similary used)/media bias may play a role there.

I'm not disagreeing that the comparison is unfair btw. They are different. I'm saying the comparison is there.

We are here to have open discussions, maybe my response seems a little bit to harsh looking back - I just really really don't like comparisons of completely different types of players.

I also would say that a comparison to Xhaka under Arteta is a compliment ! - wanted him out of Arsenal before, but he's basically been one of the best CM in the Prem since Arteta joined.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Playing two DLP's next to a roaming number 8 with absolutely no physical presence in a midfield 3 is simply asking for trouble.

Like @OnlyOne says, pogba would run through that midfield at Trashford.
not if you add another cb, which we saw against bif teams playing ceballos xhaka, even elneney xhaka looked decent

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

I think you’re looking at it in a bit too much detail tbh. Against the top 6 teams, Arteta has already got this 3-4-3 formation for the top 6 sides but we’re struggling to create against the smaller sides.

If the reports are true then Utd are going with Pogba, Fernandes and VDB in midfield, not sure how that midfield walks through Xhaka, Ceballos and Aouar tbh, our one is more balanced.

Lol.

Yes they worked together with 5 defenders behind them ffs. All they had to do was run a lot. Hence why Elneny and Xhaka worked so well in the community shield final.

Would not work in a back 4 at all.

United wont be using all 3in the same midfield unless its against lesser opposition.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

It works against top sides as we can play as underdogs and defend deep, hence minimizing space between our players and especially tightening up between defense and midfield.

Against worse teams we are more attacking and (try to) dominate. A less compact team and Xhaka and Ceballos are not mobile, athletic or pacey enough to shrink space and apply pressure fast. Go back to the Brighton game and look at how they several times sliced us wide open with two to three ground passes through the center of the field. It happened a couple of times vs Villa and Watford as well and has been happening the whole season.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It works against top sides as we can play as underdogs and defend deep, hence minimizing space between our players and especially tightening up between defense and midfield.

Against worse teams we are more attacking and (try to) dominate. A less compact team and Xhaka and Ceballos are not mobile, athletic or pacey enough to shrink space and apply pressure fast. Go back to the Brighton game and look at how they several times sliced us wide open with two to three ground passes through the center of the field. It happened a couple of times vs Villa and Watford as well and has been happening the whole season.

Defensively we looked tight and compact towards the end of the season with a Ceballos and Xhaka pairing however with Ceballos and Xhaka we lacked someone who can bring the ball quickly forward and reduce the gap between the midfield and attack - Aouar is the answer.

I think a midfield three of Ceballos, Xhaka and Aouar could work with Aouar given the free role and helping us counter the opposition similar to what he was doing to City in the CL. I’ve seen Auba make countless runs last season on the last line of the defence and our midfield decided to go for the safe option rather than playing him on the break.

Like I said earlier, I think our fans over complicating things. Take Utd as an example, towards the end of last season they were ripping the lower teams apart with Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Bruno Fernandes all hitting these teams on the break.

The plus of getting Aouar is that we’d have another ball carrier, Willian can also do that. Our main issue next season will be the lack of pace from our CF - Lacazette, that will hinder us when hitting teams on the break. He’s got Giroud-esque pace.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
I like the guy but it just makes too much sense to cash in.

He needs a new environment after 9 years of service. It's a chance for AMN to cement a place considering he'll probably stay. On top of everything it funds a signing in the position we desperately need it.

Yeah he can tear it up in France (Debuchy did as well ffs) but if we're having a more compact side fighting for major honours I don't think people will mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom