• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hope he leaves. Was a massive fan when he was younger but he hasn’t developed at all. Can’t defend, poor in attack.

The fact Arteta is willing to let him leave tells you everything.

On a personal level, PSG is a superb move for the player, great City, weaker league, in team with Neymar, Mbappe, CL football etc.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This price isn’t good enough that’s only £27M including add-ons for which some of the criteria may never be met.

Iceman10

Established Member
Asking price is 30m Euros plus add-ons? I refuse to believe that, esp. when there is possibility of multiple big clubs moving on him. Likely a dud rumor.

Iceman10

Established Member
Think Paris United is very reliable for PSG

ok, if they are more or less representing PSG then we can’t rule out that this is part of an agenda to drive the edges of the framing of the negotiation downwards. Cynical, maybe, but I just don’t see our backroom people folding so quickly in negotiations from a target selling price that should be closer to 40m.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Whether he leaves or stays, we still won't have a RB who can actually put in a cross.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
ok, if they are more or less representing PSG then we can’t rule out that this is part of an agenda to drive the edges of the framing of the negotiation downwards. Cynical, maybe, but I just don’t see our backroom people folding so quickly in negotiations from a target selling price that should be closer to 40m.

Thought you meant the whole rumor of Bellerin moving.

Yeah for sure PSG are releasing stuff through multiple outlets to try and seem not that fussed about getting him and not willing to pay a lot

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Why do people think we should be asking for 40+ for him? I dont get it. Firstly we arent selling an English full back to an English club here. Secondly Bellerin has been on the scene for a while now and hasnt really improved, as well as getting a really bad ACL injury and losing a yard of pace. Thirdly this is the covid market and we got Gabriel for peanuts considering.

I've been telling people to have patience with him as hes been improving with every game but if Arteta trusts AMN its all good. Selling Bellerin for £30-32m (with add ons) could get us a marquee CM signing or two.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Whether he leaves or stays, we still won't have a RB who can actually put in a cross.
Probably not a big deal since Arteta will eventually go back to inverting the RB when we go back to playing a back 4. A bigger problem is finding a right winger who can put in a cross unless Willian was brought in to do just that.

LeadFarmer

Why do people think we should be asking for 40+ for him? I dont get it. Firstly we arent selling an English full back to an English club here. Secondly Bellerin has been on the scene for a while now and hasnt really improved, as well as getting a really bad ACL injury and losing a yard of pace. Thirdly this is the covid market and we got Gabriel for peanuts considering.

I've been telling people to have patience for him as hes been improving with every game but if Arteta trusts AMN and selling Bellerin for £30-32m (with add ons) gets us a marquee CM signing or two then I'm all for it.

sentimental value... that’s why. His rating is 80 on fifa for a reason.

Iceman10

Established Member
Thought you meant the whole rumor of Bellerin moving.

Yeah for sure PSG are releasing stuff through multiple outlets to try and seem not that fussed about getting him and not willing to pay a lot

Yep, mainly pushing back on the updated header for this thread. Just don’t want us (Arsenal fans) accepting what probably is PSG lowballing games as fact. If we sell Bellerin for a low price the problem is that sets the tone for the rest of our sales after that, so I hope we stand reasonably firm for this one.

SK Lation

Obviously, we offered him to Paris. That weakens our position in negotiations with them and lowers the price. Leicester didn't want to sell Chilwell. Adding the fact he is english and a homegrown player that was sold within BPL and there you have 50 mio for Chilwell and 30 mio for Bellerin. Don't get the moaning about it because it's obvious that this comparison is stupid af.

By the way. Bayern did want him some months ago but just to the point they told him they'd want him as a back up to Pavard. Hector rejected that, said he wants to play and Bayern ended their interest. Just sayin because someone mentioned Bayern would want him a few pages ago. They don't. They are after Dest and Aarons.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I’ve never understood this.

If clubs all do this then don’t they know it’s pointless? Or is it more to cater to the fans?

So they’re hoping that Arsenal read random twitter reports and modify their transfer approach?

Iceman10

Established Member
I’ve never understood this.

If clubs all do this then don’t they know it’s pointless? Or is it more to cater to the fans?

So they’re hoping that Arsenal read random twitter reports and modify their transfer approach?

It can also sometimes be to unsettle the player to get impatient with the transfer similar to what Barca did with Cesc. If they make it out that they aren’t too far off from the asking price *they* framed it then looks as if we are being unreasonable with a player who wants their future resolved asap. I don’t know, but these are the types of games that go on with big money and big stakes.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

It can also sometimes be to unsettle the player to get impatient with the transfer similar to what Barca did with Cesc. If they make it out that they aren’t too far off from the asking price *they* framed it then looks as if we are being unreasonable with a player who wants their future resolved asap. I don’t know, but these are the types of games that go on with big money and big stakes.
Even in that example, wouldn’t the player in question know what their club is asking for? Can’t imagine a player believing a report over what their club/agent is saying.

Iceman10

Established Member
Even in that example, wouldn’t the player in question know what their club is asking for? Can’t imagine a player believing a report over what their club/agent is saying.

Yeah, all too complicated and contrived. lol. As long as Bellerin stays patient we are fine, but we have of course signaled he is the one we want to sell, not AMN, so he must be affected by all of that already.

Just want Bellerin sold for a good price because while we should easily be able to raise the reqd for Partey, it is more about whether Aouar (or alternative) would be possible on top or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom