• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: Renaissance Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Lol Lamptey is beyond us now, the likes of Bayern are looking at him.

If we sell Bellerin we have AMN and Cedric there as well. Unless we sell AMN too and completely upgrade that position.

You guys might not like them but it’s not a pressing need I’d rather money went somewhere else like midfield. Right sided centre back equal to Gabriel as well maybe.
Behave!
We could still get him, problem is we have 3 donkeys at RB that we wouldn’t be able to shift now.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You either have two world class attacking full backs. Robertson and Trent.

One world class -Alphonso Davies and Pavard.

Two good - Chilwell and Reece James

Imbalanced pair - One good defensively, one average offensively- Shaw and Wan Bissaka.

Average - Tierney and Bellerin.

Full backs are so important. They are responsible for your width and if they are good enough they basically win you the game.

I think Bellerin and Tierney both have flaws, but I think Tierney is a better player and the player we should place more of our offensive emphasis on. He is better at crossing, he is better in physical duels and he actually enjoys defending. I also think he has a lot more layers to his passing that he isn't being allowed to Express.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Full backs are so important. They are responsible for your width and if they are good enough they basically win you the game.
Tierney would still survive as an old school FB who can only defend, but in modern football, both of our FB's are below average really. They have no passing or on the ball ability.
Tierney can cross and Bellerin can go behind the defence, but that's just a fraction of a game. 98% of the time when we have the ball they look completely out of depth with no idea or skill what to do with the ball.
Bellerin will just misplace a pass and Tierney will pass it backwards, that's all they do with the ball

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I don't think he takes football seriously anymore, he just uses it as a paycheque while his true passion is in being an influencer. He's so weak and no forward is ever worried about him, he's the Xhaka/Mustafi of fullbacks.

billyf

That sprint he made last night to block Podence's shot was unreal. It's nice to see that he has recovered his pace. If we sort out our formation issues, his pace will become a threat again.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tierney would still survive as an old school FB who can only defend, but in modern football, both of our FB's are below average really. They have no passing or on the ball ability.
Tierney can cross and Bellerin can go behind the defence, but that's just a fraction of a game. 98% of the time when we have the ball they look completely out of depth with no idea or skill what to do with the ball.
Bellerin will just misplace a pass and Tierney will pass it backwards, that's all they do with the ball

I think Tierney is capable of doing a lot more than he is instructed to at the moment.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Podence destroying Bellerin yesterday is probably the highlight of @Mitch 's year

novar

I think is the hurt from knowing what could have been, even if it was fairly obvious to everyone how without his insane pace there wasn't much of an argument for calling Bellerin an elite prospect.

Maybe it's true that he now wants to be a fashion designer or whatever, but he's still serviceable and can deliver competent performances regularly.

Now that I think about it, can't say I care about having an agenda against any of our defenders while Granit Xhaka and Dani Ceballos start regularly for this club.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Lol Lamptey is beyond us now, the likes of Bayern are looking at him.

We still have a shot if the player wants to stay in EPL.

You guys might not like them but it’s not a pressing need I’d rather money went somewhere else like midfield. Right sided centre back equal to Gabriel as well maybe.

I do agree with this point though. Upgrade at RB is not a priority at the moment.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Bellerin showed great recovery pace and spirit to amend for his losing the ball..and also went forward with purpose many times. Was missing the PyramidPirlo and The Great Pepe ...but still it was a marked contrast to Tierney who under pressure almost folded. Bellerin has emerged as a natural leader and this augurs well.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bellerin showed great recovery pace and spirit to amend for his losing the ball..and also went forward with purpose many times. Was missing the PyramidPirlo and The Great Pepe ...but still it was a marked contrast to Tierney who under pressure almost folded. Bellerin has emerged as a natural leader and this augurs well.

Had he been a natural leader, he wouldn't have hid behind Joe Willock.

He was one of the senior players who should have taken the post- match interview after the wolves debacle. Instead they sent a youngster out to face the press.

Not buying the natural leader line.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Keeping hold of players past their value is an Arsenal tradition at this point.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hector Bellerin v Sp**s 2020, indivdual highlights...the fashionista Dani Alves...

ARrvmx-h7nsx.jpg

Pyromaniac

If you re-watch the first goal today, Bellerin is just running back into no-mans land and pointing for Holding to push out wide to cover Kane. While doing that he leaves acres of Space for Son. How braindead do you have to be to do that kind of defending in the Premier League? It wasn't even him being a limp noodle today. It's just total lack of cleverness in terms of defending. Really League One kind of stuff

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
He is better suited as a winger. He's atrocious otherwise. Get AMN in and increase his pay if you have to make him happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom