• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: Renaissance Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
As quiet a game as any of our players, don't think he made any forward runs. Cedric looked more of a threat than him when he came off, would give him a run of games at RB.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We in serious need of upgrade next summer because bellerin is not good anymore he Average he can have few good games in season but overall it's just meh

novar

Struggled with Armstrong but our whole defense was struggling on that half anyway. Got the hint and remained out of the way to let Saka have his fun

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He was poor today. He links well enough when going forward but everything seemed a bit of a struggle defensively. He's lost pace and power and can't compensate as well for his shortcomings. I love him and he's a real Arsenal man but he needs to get better somehow.

I could not agree more, but I think we are getting close to the end now. Top man in every respect.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Ever since he's been used as an inverted fullback he gets in the way of the winger. Better fullbacks thab Hector are nearly not as dominant as he is, I just wish at times he stuck close to the touchline but he has the urge to come infield.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I like Bellerin more than a lot of fans, maybe i'm a bit biased. But I recognise that he's very good at some things. He makes attacking runs that guy like AMN or Cedric just wouldn't make, he instigates things in attack, think of the goal in the fa cup final last season for example.

But i'm also looking at his limitations increasingly more. Like as a defender he's often, just, non-existent? Rarely impacts the game defensively. I mean he's a terrible defender, if we're being blunt.

Then there's the problem that he just never wants to go on the outside and whip a ball in. A fullback doesn't always need to do that, but it helps if you can.

Overall I'd say he's maybe not dragging the team down, but he's clearly upgradeable. Like if you desperately wanted to upgrade in other positions with a limited budget you'd just keep him, but if there was a reasonable opportunity you'd do it.

It's a shame he didn't turn out to be what we thought he could, cos he's proper Arsenal and a great person.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
We were all pissed about signing Cedric, Southampton's backup to their RB, and now he's in contention to get Bellerin's place in the squad.

This tells you so much about Hector's decline since he came in the squad under Wenger. Whether it's his injuries, his vegan lifestyle or his part-time fashion model job, Bellerin isn't good enough.

Jack badmon

I feel like he unwillingness to take people on the overlap is direct orders not to get caught out of position on the transition which has happened many times in the past. In any case he just isn’t cutting it but is a good squad option behind Cedric who is our new starting RB.

Baguette

Le Manberg Français
I normally defend Bellerin but I was annoyed at how he wasn’t going to the ball and was letting crosses in, at times just backing off. He also didn’t offer much going forward. I expect better. If he gives Utd’s forwards that much space they’ll punish us.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
This guy is causing massive amounts of harm to our overall effectiveness on the right - offensively and defensively. We need to find a replacement, immediately. AMN is not it either.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
This guy is causing massive amounts of harm to our overall effectiveness on the right - offensively and defensively. We need to find a replacement, immediately. AMN is not it either.

Don't need a replacement, we already have 3 players who have out peformed him at RB during his time here (it was 4 before we sokratis go).

Bellerin should be our 4th choice behind Chambers, Cedric and AMN.

novar

Important today in 2 of our best moments, that cross that fell to Willian and that movement that ended with Pepe sending the ball slightly wide

Defensively shaky though, United had quite a bit of fun on both wings today

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can't say that amount of times he made wrong pass but got lucky deflect and back to him we seriously need upgrade this summer

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He was shaky but produced a couple of fine attacking thrusts that we might have profited from. I'm not sure he's got it anymore. I looked at his thighs and they look wasted. I love him but his dodgy moments can't be overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom