• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: Renaissance Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
My worry is that since Hector broke through in 2014 the club have sort of got complacent and neglected the RB position, the last time the club really invested in a proper RB was Sagna in 2007, since then it's just been back-ups and the assumption that Bellerin would always be long-term first choice.

I'd put Bellerin in the same category as Walcott, got some great qualities, great guy, fantastic representative for Arsenal Football Club, but missing key attributes. I just don't see him developing, his ACL was 2 years ago, you'd think he'd be making strides forward by now. He's just missing too many attributes you'd want from a Champions League RB.

Problem is I can't see the club actively wanting to move him on. He's vice captain, probably good friends with Arteta, unless someone randomly came and offered 30m my guess would be he'll stay.

I look around see players like Mazraoui, highly technical, could play the Cancelo hybrid fullback/midfield role very well, and that seems more like what Arteta wants, and what Bellerin is struggling to do. But my guess is we'll prioritise other areas.

Malky

Established Member
I'd honestly give Cedric a chance at RB once Tierney is fit. I just don't see what Bellerin is good at for a fullback? Defensively? Meh. Offensively? Meh. Atleast Cedric has a quality pass on him and can beat the first man with a cross.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He’s a decent fullback, but considering the way we play probably worth upgrading. Was watching Ricardo for Leicester and yeah that’s an extreme example but Bellerin is miles off.

Even Cedric is offering more in the final third.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I don’t think Bellerin was poor yesterday but he looks a little short on confidence. Got a few lucky ricochets yesterday which could’ve easily been problematic for us had they not fell kindly to him

He started the season really well and he’s had a little dip. He’ll be back though- quality full back is Hector.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
But my guess is we'll prioritise other areas.
Not sure what's more important than replacing our worst starting player. I was once a fan of Bellerin, especially at the beginning when he was an explosive FB which I really liked. The player he is today has nothing in common with the player he was 6 years ago.
There is no other area in our team where we have a player of League 1 quality, a semi-professional player that has no interest in football other than taking money from it

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
No he's not. He's absolutely unbelievable defensively. I don't think he's anything special on the ball, but he's actually got an underrated cross on him too.

He's an absolutely huge upgrade on Bellerin in any case.
He’s better than Bellerin for what he’s good at but I don’t know if he would be useful for us considering the situations our RB seems to always be in; surrounded by a few players.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury

Still disappointed that nobody has just come out and called the refs a pack of cheating ****s yet, but this is enjoyably saucy from Hector.
Was a good choice of pic but his words let him down. Whereas Xhaka took down his original potentially aggy image and said words that alluded to us being fvcked over. Would have preferred if both went full 'YOU C*NTS' and left it at that.

Oh_Snap

Would have preferred if both went full 'YOU C*NTS' and left it at that.
And they'd have nothing to lose. Worst thing would be like a 3 match ban. Best thing would be that it'd spike a debate and people would finally start talking about the fraud that is going on. this isn't normal. 13 red cards vs 3 to the next in line like wtf??

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

**** Wolves.

KanyeWest-ImaFixWolves_480x480.png

Don’t worry Kanye got this.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He pissed me off today the amount of time he go to opposition box and make wrong decisions. Actually handled Neto very well before red card.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He’s been doing pissing me off recently performance wise but you gotta love this, gives the fans some voice and at least shows to us they are angry about the officiating too.
Don't care about his show, he knows exactly that it will end up on Twitter and that's the only thing that he offers these days. I'd rather have a quiet guy who does his job on the pitch, not this fraud

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Considering 90% of Arteta ball consists of getting to it the fullbacks pointless crosses.. at least start a RB who can cross the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom