• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Helguera- 'Reyes better than Owen'

Sol man

Its good to see how highly he is regarded by other pros. I totall agree with Campo that he will need time and he will have to punching his weight as soon as possible.

Mark

Established Member
yeah as far as quotes from other professionals and people from the press i've heard nothing but good things about him and his goals that ive downloaded are very impressive. i hope he settles quickly, but ill understand if he doesn't.

eikaz

yes..I agree with helguera and campo..reyes is a very good player..wenger has done an exellent job for signing him.. ;D :angel ;D

arsena1

Let's not hype him up too.
I wouldn't want anyone to moan and ***** again
if he doesn't live up to it the first few months.

I remember how unsupportive some gooners were
when pires joined us the first year and edu had to endure
some of the worst things said about him while he was
recuperating with a serious ankle/knee? injury.

KoLo28

I hope he's better than owen, i wont be expecting anything too soon although i think by the start of next season he'll be awesome!! I love left footed players :p

lewdikris

Established Member
That's the major advantage of buying him now - we've still got tons of strikers who can cover for him if he has initial problems.

My guess is he'll find it easier in Europe and the cups initially.

League football takes a lot longer to adjust to - because domestic cup matches are all about both teams trying to win a flair player like Reyes can just explode and not worry so much about the relationship it'll take him time to develop with Titi and co.

And obviously he couldn't have a better first European match for us than going to Celta Vigo!!

jeremiesgirl

Unless I've missed something, Reyes is not playing in the same position as Owen is he?? So how can you compare him to Owen?! Apologies if I've misunderstood!

I think hes going to be good, but lets not hype him up too much and put too much pressure on him - I'm sure he will deliver the goods!

grennan84

i think he will play well at highbury but away he will struggle for the first season. but he will be amazin in champo league.

Andrew

He will be better than Owen, I am confident about that. Owen isn't that great. And Reyes at Arsenal will become a more prolific goal scorer. If he plays as a forward for us then he will definitely get around 15 goals a season for us I reckon. But I don't know whether his signing will increase or decrease the goals scored by Henry. If Henry can score around 25 a season, Pires and Reyes about 15 and Freddie around 10 then that will be great. 8)

lewdikris

Established Member
Reyes at 17 was a better performer statistically than Raul at that age ... which is what first sent Spain wild about him. Raul at 17 was awesome - and if Reyes can go on to be 50% the player Raul is, he'll be worth every damn penny.

thegame24

Established Member
raul is over rated. reyes will piss all over him when hes reached his peak.

its good we bought him now cause he has time to settke in, and then next season he will dominate like pires did (and still does).

i feel sorry for him though leaving his family and girlfriend behind, i hope he settles well and doesnt get homesick, LOOK at the weather hes coming into!!

laolu

thegame24 said:
raul is over rated. reyes will piss all over him when hes reached his peak.

its good we bought him now cause he has time to settke in, and then next season he will dominate like pires did (and still does).

i feel sorry for him though leaving his family and girlfriend behind, i hope he settles well and doesnt get homesick, LOOK at the weather hes coming into!!

i don't think raul is overrated. that guy is good.

... but as this is about reyes, I hope he lives up to his potential

A

Anonymous

I would think so aswell!

Owen to me if one of the most over rated players in football history. I really do not rate this guy.
People go on about him being a lethal finisher, but the last three games we have played at Anfield his finishing has been a joke.
And what else does he bring to a team? Sod all. He often goes 90 minutes without making any sort of mark on the game. + hes a sly cheating get, but the english press like to overlook this fact.

Reyes is a true super star.

Mark

Established Member
neither owen or raul are overrated and the fact that reyes is being compared to them at such a young age is a great sign, i think he does have the potential to be better than both of them though.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Hell yeah; one step at a time!

Reyes looks the real deal (excuse the pun!) and i've yet to hear anyone with more than 3 brain cells (so talkshite presenters excluded then) suggest otherwise.

I read somewhere today he could still play Sunday; I hope so cos I'm gonna miss the next two home games...

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom