• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Helguera- 'Reyes better than Owen'

JazzG

Established Member
Raul is without a shadow of a doubt ahead of these players Nedved, Ronaldinho, Figo, Weah, Baggio, Rivaldo, Bergkamp, Cantona. Zidane will be remembered more and I don't know about Henry yet.

Raul doesn't have the flair of those people on that list thats why he wasn't rated higher than them, the man is a ****ing genious. At his age I am shocked at what he has achieved. You do realise he is only 26 as well! Try and get your hands on the following tapes, R.Madrid vs Man utd at the Bernabau 2003 and Man utd vs R.Madrid at Old Trafford 2000 and if after that you can still say he is over-rated well then I'm afraid good sir you are talking rubbish.

Just for you I have uploaded some of my clips on Raul (remember to right click and then click 'save target as' )

Left foot ****ing rocket against Barca in the semi finals of the CL IIRC

This goal is more due to Redondo's brilliance but look at Raul, creeps in behind the mancs and they ain't got a clue he is there

Oh my lord what a goal, look at that first touch and look at that finish, the mancs had no chance of getting near him

Great Gunman

Why hasn't we World Player or European of the year? because it is rigged big time, you remember what happen last year, Henry was meant to win something but oh no they gave it to Ronaldo - I think the Fifa representative are wimps and acting like little girls, "I have a your autograph" with them smiling, Oh Ronaldo touch me, I not going to wash my hands again, all blushing, what a pathetic excuse for a human beings.:x

He has to be one of the great player of the time.

thegame24

Established Member
done the 1st. done the 3rd

i remember the second that was all redondo.

3rd was a great goal but i have been saying that hes a great finisher.

have you got clips which arnt goals, more like set up play etc. maybe ive underrated him a little, i also didnt know he was 26. i thought 29 (he does Look old dont he)

thegame24

Established Member
Great Gunman said:
Why hasn't we World Player or European of the year? because it is rigged big time, you remember what happen last year, Henry was meant to win something but oh no they gave it to Ronaldo - I think the Fifa representative are wimps and acting like little girls, "I have a your autograph" with them smiling, Oh Ronaldo touch me, I not going to wash my hands again, all blushing, what a pathetic excuse for a human beings.:x

He has to be one of the great player of the time.

last 2 years i think they were rigged but the others i think the best player won.

JazzG

Established Member
It will be hard finding his assists, sites online and Kazaa only usually keep his goals. Try having a look on Kazaa when your free, you might find something there.

thegame24

Established Member
ive tried kazaa most are goals.
hes got lots of great goals but you must admit hes got so many players alongside him who are brilliant and can set him up with superb balls.

if you were to put him in barnsley do you think hed get the oportunity to score those wonderfull goal?

why i like ronaldinho, henry and zidane is because they create things, thats why i also love maradona cause he was the greatest ever at doing that.

Its just my opinion. ive had people say pele is better than maradona but i dont shout and insult them i just argue that maradona is better.

Maybe its cause i like those type of players that i think raul is overrated so maybe if i looked at it in a different view then hes pretty good.

whats his goal record like for spain? cause they aint really great. if hes got a good record for them then i might change my mind.

quattro

raul is class. and yes, he is severely underrated. he is brilliant not because of his crazy pace or spectacular looking shots but because of his great positioning and timing. the guy has a great footballing mind and he is a leader on the pitch. what he lacks physically he more than makes up for with genuine smart football and pure guts.

Great Gunman

Just because he isn't famous or has the media circus on him like Beckham or Ronaldo. For a guy that is just 26th, King Raul has won nearly everything. Just look at the stats, unbelivable:

Primera League: 1995, 1997, 2001
Copa del Rey runners-up: 2002
Spanish Super Cup: 1997, 2001
Champions League: 1998, 2000
World Club Cup (Toyota/intercont): 1998
World Club Cup runners-up (Toyota/intercont): 2000
World Club Cup (FIFA) 4th place: 2000
European Super Cup runners-up: 2000
Madrid 2012 Trophy: 2002
Santiago Bernabéu Trophy: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000
Euskadi Trophy: 1
Ciudad de la Linea Trophy: 2000
Catagena Trophy: 2000
Ciudad de Alicante Trophy: 1998, 1999, 2001
Antena3 TV Christmas Trophy: 1
Antena3 TV Summer Trophy: 1

Champions League Striker of the year: 1999/2000, 2000/2001
Pichichi (league topscorer): 1998/99, 2000/01
FIFA player of the year: 3rd (2001)
European Footballer of the Year runners-up: 2001
Bronze boot: 1998/99

Raul has get a get-out clause of £122million, even Roman Abramovich would ponder bidding for him. Raul put himself into the Real Madrid record books again, this time by scoring the 700th goal for Real Madrid in all European Competitions

Not disrespect, thegame24 - exactly how long you have been watching football?overrated my a**e!!!! :twisted:, you should bow down and ask for forgiveness for taking Raúl González Blanco name in vain.

P.S. I'm also a fan of Real Madrid and Juventus, but close to my heart is Arsenal!!!! :x

thegame24

Established Member
thats a pretty good record.

ok i reckon ive underrated him my self. but i still reckon throughout the years their has been better players and thats why he hasnt got the award.

i also think henry is better, hell i think hes one of the best players since maradona. never have i seen a player dominate so much since maradona.

the only problem with henry is that if he looses pace will he be the same in his 30s?

thegame24

Established Member
hey gunman media dont mean nothing. i dont really find beckham special.

tbh what raul has won is irrelevent real have always been an awesome club so even ivan campo can say look what ive won.

as for personal records. i never said he was a **** striker.

thegame24

Established Member
what about bergkamp during his prime time?

would you say he was better than raul?

bergkamp IMO is one of the most unique players EVER thus making one of the best ever.

thegame24

Established Member
Great Gunman said:
Like I before, Fifa are a bunch of Pric**s. Maradona is the best player of all time not pele.

i agree there.

i know they split the award. but pele only got it cause heis still an ambassdor of the sport.

mardona is a fat lazy fat druggie, but it shouldnt affect his past performance.

tox

hmmmmm hard to say who is better, when ure talkin about best players ever zidane is number 1 for me.

Mark

Established Member
i think during his barcelona days ronaldo deserves to be up there with some of the best. he was just unbelievable before his injuries.

Great Gunman

i agree there.

i know they split the award. but pele only got it cause heis still an ambassdor of the sport.

mardona is a fat lazy fat druggie, but it shouldnt affect his past performance.[/quote]

For the first time in the history of Napoli, Maradona single-handily won the first Scudetto. He is a legend in Naples in Southern Italy, the goal in scored against have was unbelievable and the goal he scored in the 94' world cup, when the Argentina team passed the ball at lightning speed and when he scored you can tell he was on something.

P.s mardona is married to Guy Ritchie :D

thegame24

Established Member
For the first time in the history of Napoli, Maradona single-handily won the first Scudetto. He is a legend in Naples in Southern Italy, the goal in scored against have was unbelievable and the goal he scored in the 94' world cup, when the Argentina team passed the ball at lightning speed and when he scored you can tell he was on something.

yea he bloody won the double with napoli!! thats like putting someone in Sp**s and doing the double!

that goal for argentina was against greece lol did i care? hell no i loved argentina too especially with batigol, cannigia and maradona. its a shame they are all cheats and boring now :(

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom