• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Helguera- 'Reyes better than Owen'

lewdikris

Established Member
I really, really, don't know how anyone who thinks that Kluivert is the dogs nuts could say that Raul is overrated.

Kluivert is an arrogant idiot who did it on the big stage once (CL 95) and has been bottling it ever since when it really mattered.

Raul has been the business consistently since he was 16! Few players have ever done as much with their talent as Raul. And when he nicked the ball off of Zidane's toe in the Champions League Semi vs Barca a couple of years back (probly the only player on earth who;d have the balls to do it!) and blasted it into the top corner, you just knew that guy's the ****ing don...

If Kluivert came to Arsenal i would be mildly pleased but seriously apprehensive.

If Raul came I would ****ing expire with happiness!

JazzG

Established Member
Has anyone seen the list of which teams Raul has scored against in the CL? Put it this way every big club R.Madrid has faced makes an appearence on that list. The only big teams which probably aren't on that list are the teams they haven't faced yet. He is the man, has scored over 40 goals in the CL which is amazing, what really shows he is among the great is how he tweaked his role to allow Ronaldo fit in so well.

His performances against Man utd have been breath taking, he took them to the cleaners at Old Trafford a few years back and gave their £30mill defender and the so called 2nd best team in europe a footballing lesson at the Bernabau. Did you hear Fergie at the press conference, he was saying you buy the Zidane and Figos but you can't buy players like Raul.

patrick42uk

Established Member
thegame24 said:
raul is over rated. reyes will piss all over him when hes reached his peak.

/quote]

lol, thegame, thats is such a typical statement from you. it is admirable how you defend anything arsenal, but you cannot let it blind you from reality. Raul is one of Europe's most consistent strikers, Henry would do well if he was called better than raul, let alone reyes.

thegame24

Established Member
i said he is Way over rated and i believe that. im not saying hes crap just over rated. of course hes better than kluivert at the moment but im raving for kluivert cause hes 2miilion and a very realistic buy, he would also fit to our style greatly.

people go about like raul like hes a god. Henry is better than him as is zidane and ronaldo (the good one)

World Player of the year shortlist proved that.

of course hes good BUT way over rated as is van nistlerooy in the premier league. Great strikers but compare them to players like Henry, Ronaldo, Dinho? who i would rather have upfront in any side.

i prefer those players like maradona ones who can do the business without help from great creative mids.

if i was manager of barnsley i would rather have Henry, Ronaldo, Rdinho or zidane over raul as they can do it SOLO.

look at shearer he scores a ****load of goals for years and most in the prem but you cant call him the best when you compare to Henry, Bergkamp, Cantona

Patrick as usual you dont read my post I said when reyes reaches His PEAK.

patrick42uk

Established Member
thegame24 said:

It is hard to predict what reyes at his peak would be like, but he would still find it hard to surpass raul.

It seems some people think that raul is mainly a goal scorer, which u think is a wrong judgement on hiis ability. For spain and real madrid, you will find he is sometimes deployed as a second striker. There is a creative side to raul that i'm surprised some people dont see. He has the technique, i believe, to 'do it on his own' rather than have it created for him.

thegame24

Established Member
of course he can do that but not consistently same with van nistlerooy. 2 times last season he suprised me by how creative he was but the next week he was back to goalscorer relying on giggs.

raul has been surounded by the worlds best players for years, and most recently figo, zidane, ronaldo.

i know its a bold statement but i really believe reyes will become a world superstar. he has got the most important must haves in football, pace, technique and passing.

JGooner

If Raul is overrated, I'm a Spaniard. If anything, he is slightly underrated - he has never been given European player of the year despite being magnificent for almost a decade now. If you think that the World Player award means anything, I suggest you do some research on who votes for that award - a bunch of nobodies from nowhere places like the Fiji and the Caman islands who get an equal vote to the coaches of the big footballing nations.

Raul is rarely called the best player in the world by anyone, even though - in my view - that is exactly what he is. He has the best footballing mind of any modern striker, bar none. He scores every type of goal conceivable. He is a strong personality, a leader. He lacks pace, but every body has at least one flaw (i.e. henry's heading). If you would rather have Ronaldhino in your team than Raul, then you shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a team in the first place. You sound like one of those fans who think that the only sign of footballing greatness is how many pointless party tricks a player can pull off.

thegame24

Established Member
i know that is a problem in the world fifa award but end of the day the shortlist comes down to the deserving players (most times).

i think raul is over rated cause all i hear is raul this raul that he is like van nistlerooy only with more skill!

And if i was manager of a **** team like barnsley, I beleive a player like ronaldinho or zidane would do more than raul.

i watch barca and real every week. and ronaldinho is holding that team together so dont go talking about pointless party tricks. if that was the case i would be saying okocha, ronaldo.C, and denilson are the best in the world.

JazzG

Established Member
JGooner said:
If Raul is overrated, I'm a Spaniard. If anything, he is slightly underrated - he has never been given European player of the year despite being magnificent for almost a decade now. If you think that the World Player award means anything, I suggest you do some research on who votes for that award - a bunch of nobodies from nowhere places like the Fiji and the Caman islands who get an equal vote to the coaches of the big footballing nations.

Raul is rarely called the best player in the world by anyone, even though - in my view - that is exactly what he is. He has the best footballing mind of any modern striker, bar none. He scores every type of goal conceivable. He is a strong personality, a leader. He lacks pace, but every body has at least one flaw (i.e. henry's heading). If you would rather have Ronaldhino in your team than Raul, then you shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a team in the first place. You sound like one of those fans who think that the only sign of footballing greatness is how many pointless party tricks a player can pull off.

I would agree with most of what he said. Not sure if he is the best but easily in the top 5.

Raul is awesome, if you can't see that than you need to watch you watch him more carefully.

JGooner

he is like van nistlerooy only with more skill!

And that's a bad thing? Being like Van Nistelrooy but possessing more skill makes you pretty much the perfect player. You talk about RvN like he is just a glorified version of Nathan Blake.

The reason Ronaldhino stands out in the Barca team is because that team is ****e - even its own board reckons the squad generally consists of losers. He has spent the past few years pissing about in PSG, winning nowt. He's a fine talent but don't compare him to Raul. The reason you hear "raul this and raul that" is because the man is a stone cold genius who was won everything (repeatedly), scored class goals in CL finals, etc.

Here's a little challenge for you: try and find out which striker Thierry Henry most admires. You'll discover that his name begins with "R" and ends with "aul".

EDIT - No need for abuse. If his opinion is disagreeable, then show the strength of thought to discuss without insult.

thegame24

Established Member
hes a great striker but i would put henry, ronaldo, zidane, ronaldinho ahead.

why cant i have an opinion?

all i said was that raul was Over rated, he gets a lot of praise but only because of his scoring record, not as a player. IMO the only thing raul has other all those is clinical finishing and good postitioning in the box.

thegame24

Established Member
"I reckon the FA should set up a Football Education Crash-Course for Ignorant but Opinionated Fans, and forcibly enrol you as the first student."

why the insult?

did i insult you?

and call me ignorant? wernt you the one who said sell pires in the summer and didnt you say liverpool chelsea and newcastle will challenge ahead of us for cl?

Adam

Established Member
Raul is a winner. His mentality is second to none. Technically, has the best touch in the world when in the box, and is on a par with Ronaldo when it comes to finishing (although Ronaldo edges it). They are basically the best finishers in the world and both have different strengths in their techniques of striking a ball.

Physically lacking, but his movement does not rely on athleticism but intelligence and speed of thought.

thegame24

Established Member
ok so this convo ends when i get insulted, what a fair forum, talk about freedom of speach eh!

anyway

Since you all want to change my mind,

Adam have you got any links to raul clips so that i can see what ive been missing??

Great Gunman

thegame24 said:
i said he is Way over rated and i believe that. im not saying hes crap just over rated. of course hes better than kluivert at the moment but im raving for kluivert cause hes 2miilion and a very realistic buy, he would also fit to our style greatly.

people go about like raul like hes a god. Henry is better than him as is zidane and ronaldo (the good one)

World Player of the year shortlist proved that.

of course hes good BUT way over rated as is van nistlerooy in the premier league. Great strikers but compare them to players like Henry, Ronaldo, Dinho? who i would rather have upfront in any side.

i prefer those players like maradona ones who can do the business without help from great creative mids.

if i was manager of barnsley i would rather have Henry, Ronaldo, Rdinho or zidane over raul as they can do it SOLO.

look at shearer he scores a ****load of goals for years and most in the prem but you cant call him the best when you compare to Henry, Bergkamp, Cantona

LoL? :lol: KING RAUL overrated? What planet are you on? It' sure isn't planet Earth?. Raul (the chosen one) is World Class, fare enough he isn't that quick, but you don't need to be quick, when you have a footballing brain as Raul.

I agree with JGooner, He should have won at least World Player or European of the year. He has been playing for ten years, not 1 nomination !!!! :x

What is the world coming to when Raul overrated, I don't know were some forum member have been in the last decade? Probably in Hybernation. :roll:

pamilih

JGooner said:

Absolutely. SAF thinks he's the one that can do real damage. He thinks that Raul is the best striker in Europe.

Reyes is still young but he understands the chemistry of la Liga. So, we need him to face Vigo and Real Madrid.

thegame24

Established Member
"He should have won at least World Player or European of the year. He has been playing for ten years, not 1 nomination !!!! "

look i believe raul is just a great striker but i think hes an overrated player overall. look at eusebio of portugal he had an amazing goal record but he isnt classified as the best player of all time, and players like mardona, best and pele will always come on top.

why hasnt raul won

2003 Zidane
2002 Ronaldo
2001 Luis Figo
2000 Zinedane Zidane
1999 Rivaldo
1998 Zinedane Zidane
1997 Ronaldo
1996 Ronaldo

i think thats the reason why. the only time i believe the wrong player won was this year and the year before. Ronaldo henry and nedved all better than zidane this year. 2002 ronaldo only won cause he got the world cup.

Raul IMO is always Gonna be a GREAT striker, but i dont think people will ever look back and say wow what a player.

People will remember:
Zidane
Nedved
Ronaldinho
Figo
Ronaldo
Henry
Weah
Baggio
Rivaldo
Bergkamp
Cantona

ahead of Raul.

I dont doubt raul is a great finisher and would be awesome next to henry. but i dont think hes a brilliant football player.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom