• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henry - setting the record straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfonso

Established Member
jay-d said:
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... of+my+life

Great interview, make sure you all read it. I ain't bitter with

Just read that article now. Before reading it I was coping well with Henry's departure, keeping a level head, not thinking with my heart etc. However, upon reading that it has properly sunk in. I mean if you cant get a little emotional reading what he said then your not a true Arsenal fan. The part that got me was when he said 'we, I mean you' when refering to us. That really got to me. But every time I get upset about his departure I think of the BS he put us through last season, injured or not,and that kinda makes the pain go away, and I honestly beleive that it will prove to be a the right decision in the long run IF we get our house in order, i.e. get a replacement for him and a couple of signings. Im more than confident Wenger wont let us down as he did 2 years ago. Him saying he will always be Arsenal in his heart and blood etc, thats all well and good, but remember it was his decision to leave. He couldnt have loved us that much.

Anyway, Apart from the sentimental side I found the interview very, very interesting. The most interesting thing throughout the interview for me was Henry talking about Vieria.

"When Patrick left, I was devastated I missed the guy and I still miss the guy even though I see him with the national team. But I was devastated because he was a good guy to be around on the pitch or off the pitch. It goes beyond sport"

Never before had I read Henry describing the massive gap Vieria left when he got sold. He still feels we need a Vieria and I agree. And I still beleive loosing Henry is not as bad as loosing Vieria.

Oh yea, the bit about him checking out for the Sp**s fixture was interesting as well.

Anyway, enough nolstalga for one day, every dog has its day and the quicker we get over this, the quicker we can move on. What is done is done now and im pretty sure if his replacement scores a hattrick on the opending day then this move wont seem as bad as it does now.

And I really, really want us to draw Barca and beat them in the CL. And for the fans to sing 'Are you watching, are you watching, are you watching Thierry Henry' :lol: I would love to see Henry's face if we win the CL next season. Like Micheal Owen and Shevchenko before him, he will feel gutted, and rightly so.

My final thought is thanks for the memories Titi, but you may have just created a monster..

Viper

Established Member
Alfonso said:
jay-d said:

Just read that article now. Before reading it I was coping well with Henry's departure, keeping a level head, not thinking with my heart etc. However, upon reading that it has properly sunk in. I mean if you cant get a little emotional reading what he said then your not a true Arsenal fan. The part that got me was when he said 'we, I mean you' when refering to us. That really got to me. But every time I get upset about his departure I think of the BS he put us through last season, injured or not,and that kinda makes the pain go away, and I honestly beleive that it will prove to be a the right decision in the long run IF we get our house in order, i.e. get a replacement for him and a couple of signings. Im more than confident Wenger wont let us down as he did 2 years ago. Him saying he will always be Arsenal in his heart and blood etc, thats all well and good, but remember it was his decision to leave. He couldnt have loved us that much.

Anyway, Apart from the sentimental side I found the interview very, very interesting. The most interesting thing throughout the interview for me was Henry talking about Vieira.

"When Patrick left, I was devastated I missed the guy and I still miss the guy even though I see him with the national team. But I was devastated because he was a good guy to be around on the pitch or off the pitch. It goes beyond sport"

Never before had I read Henry describing the massive gap Vieira left when he got sold. He still feels we need a Vieira and I agree. And I still beleive loosing Henry is not as bad as loosing Vieira.

Oh yea, the bit about him checking out for the Sp**s fixture was interesting as well.

Anyway, enough nolstalga for one day, every dog has its day and the quicker we get over this, the quicker we can move on. What is done is done now and im pretty sure if his replacement scores a hattrick on the opending day then this move wont seem as bad as it does now.

And I really, really want us to draw Barca and beat them in the CL. And for the fans to sing 'Are you watching, are you watching, are you watching Thierry Henry' :lol: I would love to see Henry's face if we win the CL next season. Like Micheal Owen and Shevchenko before him, he will feel gutted, and rightly so.

My final thought is thanks for the memories Titi, but you may have just created a monster..
Good post.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Alfonso said:
jay-d said:

Just read that article now. Before reading it I was coping well with Henry's departure, keeping a level head, not thinking with my heart etc. However, upon reading that it has properly sunk in. I mean if you cant get a little emotional reading what he said then your not a true Arsenal fan. The part that got me was when he said 'we, I mean you' when refering to us. That really got to me.

Absolutely. I was very emotional listening to that. A true legend, a cornerstone and a bonafide symbol of Arsenal football Club leaving after what seems forever was very emotional. I have never felt this way about any other player leaving before. Henry for me was on his day the undisputed best player in the world. And we more then likely got the best years of him. For that alone, it's hard to be bitter at him for leaving. It's been an absolute privilege watching his extraordinary talent for the last eight years. I personally can only say a huge thank you, and good luck in Spain.

Arnie

above his greatness as a player, he's a great man. He's one of them players that kissed the badge with genuine feeling. He loves Arsenal, nobody can deny that!

Good Luck Titi, best ever Arsenal player!

btw guy, i've heard debates on whether his shirt hould be retired, i have mixed feelings over this, and to be honest i don't know what to think about it.

True Gooner

Established Member
Love him or hate him he is and always will be a part of Arsenal history - imagine a 100 years later when they ask "Who was the first Arsenal player to score at the Emirates?"
Very sad interview, of course he loves Arsenal but the fact is that his career means more to him - is that wrong? That is a matter of opinion. Still he doesnt have to justify his motives to anyone..
Goodbye Thierry Henry - Thank you for the magic that you have shown us over the past 8 years and I hope you break Platinis record (though I wish you screw up in Spain)

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
“Well, I would to say you have been tremendous for me I really do appreciate it. I am shaking as I say this. I will always remember you. I will have you in my head and my heart. I wanted to reassure you that I always gave 100 per cent here. I know some people said some other stuff but I always gave 100 per cent. I hope you appreciate what I did here because I appreciate what you did for me. I grew as a man and became a better football player. I will always take that with me no matter what happens.

“Arsenal will be in my blood aswell as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gunner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gunner you will always be a Gunner. The Club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.”
legend. words of wisdom.

in an ideal world it will be superb if he can retire here and have a testimonial like bergkamp. he loves the club, he has reasons and he needs to leave. i accept that. i just cant get over how unheroic he is. he could have stayed on with the club and bring the club forward no matter what crisis or whatever reason. that said, he has left and the man will forever be remembered.

p.s let us gooner reflect again. could you imagine henry has left? could you picture henry wearing a barca shirt? can you bear to? i cant

True Gooner

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
p.s let us gooner reflect again. could you imagine henry has left? could you picture henry wearing a barca shirt? can you bear to? i cant

Id rather not if its all the same to you :eek:ops:
Too painful.

If he does have a testimonial Im sure it would be against us or maybe he may play for us against Barca

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
he would play for both teams i am sure. if he has an unsuccesful spell at barca or a unhappy one, he may play for us against monaco

Big_Cake

It brought genuine tears to my eyes when I read, I am devastated, really really sad, tbh I am finding this hard to put into words. He moved me when he was playing (THAT goal against Madrid for instance) and he moved me after he left in that interview with Arsenal Tv.
My support for Arsenal in the coming season will never be so strong, and I look forward to see which which players will moan in the press now that Henry has left

JonBoy10

I wonder if I'm the only person who, whilst wishing Henry happiness, I'm also wishing Barca total failure in every way.

Big_Cake

JonBoy10 said:
I wonder if I'm the only person who, whilst wishing Henry happiness, I'm also wishing Barca total failure in every way.

You know its set in stone that we draw them in the CL next season, it will be Vieira vs Arsenal all over again, that day Fabregas won the midfield battle, who will it be next season? RvP? Maybe, but imo it will adebayor that will really step up

True Gooner

Established Member
JonBoy10 said:

Nah - I think most people want Henry to have a fitting end to his career. Its the least that we can do. Besides its not like hes gone to another Prem club.

regele

Established Member
JonBoy10 said:
Nope, if Henry could score 50 goals and they would get relegated that would be perfect, that won't happen though so I hope they won't win anything next season.

Nyingmeh

F...K Barca, and I am really upset he went there because I hate them. I am positive about his departure though- he was becomming to hot an issue to handle in recent times. Instability and that is what has caused us misperformance. V.Persie will step up , as this marks the beginning of a new era, and I hope dearly so that with 32 Million, +, we should be able to land 3 establised world class stars.
1 Stricker, I defensive Midfielder and one Winger ( a genuine winger ).
I am positive, I feel sad, but I had hoped this hapened earlier.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

NORTHLONDONGOONER! said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K0VtVWyxzQ

Great video, sat there crying whole way through

I wish I never watched that, now I know we will never replace him.

Bye Thierry :(

Christofaux

Big_Cake said:
JonBoy10 said:

You know its set in stone that we draw them in the CL next season, it will be Vieira vs Arsenal all over again, that day Fabregas won the midfield battle, who will it be next season? RvP? Maybe, but imo it will adebayor that will really step up

Well it wont be in the gorup stage we are both top 8 teams.

I also think almost everyone will be guarenteed a spot against barca if they want to win it. They just can't not make the final next year.

Invincible

Established Member
I'm sad to see him go. Will take a long while to get over his departure. He is our greatest player ever and even the best to play in the Premiership. It's a big blow for us, but I guess we gotta move on. He's given so much to us and fully repayed Arsène's faith in him. I never thought he will break Wrighty's record when he first came. Great play will never be forgotten. His solo goal vs Sp*rs, R. Madrid, that goal vs Liverpool and the volley against Manure. A lot of memories and they won't be forgotten. Thierry is still the king and I wish him all the best for the rest of his career.

Legend.

jester

Established Member
bro i dont give a f**k what some of these part time arsenal fans on here think

ive supported arsenal for ages and this is like a slap in the face

If you're referring to me, thats embarrassing. You come across on this board as a right clueless person on every subject. The main laugh i got from you (the so called supporter for ages) is when you said 'if the board dont spend 40million we should get in Kronke.' It sounds like you've been watching football for 3 years. Anyone who says something like that isnt as much as a real arsenal supporter as they think, or is just wrong

why should my mate renew his 2 grand season ticket if all that money aint gonna be spent
your mate :lol: says it all

Viper

Established Member
Jasard said:
NORTHLONDONGOONER! said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K0VtVWyxzQ

Great video, sat there crying whole way through

I wish I never watched that, now I know we will never replace him.

Bye Thierry :(
I know.

I'm pretty ****ing annoying at the fact he left for only £16m too. Talk about being ripped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom