• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jamie Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
Gabriel, Wilshere, Xhaka, Coquelin, Sanchez, Özil and Vardy

I put Özil there because he's not exactly a school boy like some of the others in the team.

Could see us pulling of a 41212 with Sanchez and Vardy up front, similar to how we were playing with Walcott and Sanchez.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Could see us pulling of a 41212 with Sanchez and Vardy up front, similar to how we were playing with Walcott and Sanchez.

Can see something like that happening actually, maybe go with three CM's with Özil playing in the hole behind Vardy and Sanchez, and with the fullbacks as the main source of width.

With Xhaka, Coquelin, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla and Elneny we have plenty of options in CM, it would almost be a waste to only use two of those. Going with a narrow formation would also lessen the need for us to spend money on an actual winger, could put those funds towards a world class CB instead.

So you have people slamming Arsène for not being ruthless enough in the window and go for established experienced players.He goes after a 29 year old with PL experience that is the answer to our problems in regards to pace and finishing, but then you have some people saying he's too old.FFS.

No wonder everyone takes the protests at the Emirates as one massive joke.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It's on BBC,
I don't know how to feel about this,
always thought Liverpool would do this kind of things.
They would, but for 45m. We are getting a great deal on him tbh. Still not convinced but willing to go along. Also leaves us with some money to buy other players. Such an exciting transfer window, feels like our normal laws don't apply.

JENSON_GUNNER

Alrite, I'm doing this again but can't help myself, staff members. Sorry!

So this time, an Indian guy at the Delhi airport, doing check ups and stuff, called me "Sylhetti" while checking my passport and enquiring. I'm not from Sylhet and he assumed I was. Could he be secretly and mildly racist?

Most Indians are racist but mostly towards Africans. But in your case, I really doubt he was being racist towards you. Just inquiring like most, xenophobic possibly as Indians and Bangladeshi are of the same race. Also racism in India is mostly due to ignorance than prejudice. But then again, the horrid caste system was created in India.

Some Indians are racist towards the Chinese but that is due to being invaded by them in 1962. But I am pretty sure a lot of Chinese are racists towards Indians too. So it balances out in a fcuked up way. But we are in the 21st century and I wish racism and sexism were dead along with religious extremism by now.

Coming to Jamie Vardy, I have no idea what Wenger is up to. But it's interesting to watch. I really hope the money saved from the Vardy deal is put to good use. Mkhi or Gotze please.

BobP

Memri Fan
Can see something like that happening actually, maybe go with three CM's with Özil playing in the hole behind Vardy and Sanchez, and with the fullbacks as the main source of width.

With Xhaka, Coquelin, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla and Elneny we have plenty of options in CM, it would almost be a waste to only use two of those. Going with a narrow formation would also lessen the need for us to spend money on an actual winger, could put those funds towards a world class CB instead.

Makes sense as well with talk of us bringing in Rodriguez, and the fact that Xhaka is defensively adept.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Makes sense as well with talk of us bringing in Rodriguez, and the fact that Xhaka is defensively adept.
Goes to show how much Wenger loves Wilshere and Ramsey, changing formation, tactics and probably spending a 100M too :drool:

dysphoria

Established Member
Gotta love the people who are saying signing vardy would be a disgrace for a club of our stature, you think we haven't tried signing auba?

Besides, name me another proven, now-ready forward who scored over 20+ goals last season and will be available for 20mil AND would be willing to come to us without going to a madrid or psg first?

Tell you what though, as much of a pikey **** he is, i'd have him over morata or lacazette or that unknown dutch forward, would take the likes of benzema or higuain or aubamayang over him but they'd cost at least 3 times as much and aren't very much younger neither. Lukaku would be an ideal signing but considering everton paid 28mil for him, they'd want more than double of that now not to mention the likes of chelsea would have first dibs.

Bring on vardy, at the very least, we don't have to suffer walcott's uselessness and it'd also means less giroud so...win win.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Most Indians are racist but mostly towards Africans. But in your case, I really doubt he was being racist towards you. Just inquiring like most, xenophobic possibly as Indians and Bangladeshi are of the same race. Also racism in India is mostly due to ignorance than prejudice. But then again, the horrid caste system was created in India.

Some Indians are racist towards the Chinese but that is due to being invaded by them in 1962. But I am pretty sure a lot of Chinese are racists towards Indians too. So it balances out in a fcuked up way. But we are in the 21st century and I wish racism and sexism were dead along with religious extremism by now.

Coming to Jamie Vardy, I have no idea what Wenger is up to. But it's interesting to watch. I really hope the money saved from the Vardy deal is put to good use. Mkhi or Gotze please.

All racism is due to ignorance mate but no Indians and Bangladeshis aren't of the same race . India is made up of quite a few, a portion of which are Bengalis .

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

I've kind of come to terms with this, provided we change to a more counter-attacking style. Tiki-taka bullshit with Vardy up front is absolute dogshit.

Buying Xhaka and the interest in Rodriguez seems to support this, as well as this being Wenger's last year and he's just going all out now.

If both of those are true, then I would support Wenger 100% for his final year and we might actually be able to win something too by ditching ****ing possession football.

Kanonier

--------------Vardy-----------
Sanchez-----Özil----Walcott

That's a crazy front 4 to play against with Özil setting them up. Imagine if we also sign Mkh or Götze!!!!

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh

I lived in India for two years in a boarding school, actually and me trying to be open minded, a bit curious with how or people tick mixed up a lot with all of the cultural variety. Speaking of Indians, most of them were very friendly and open though even jokingly,in insults or slurs they tended to bring up remarks regarding stuff like that, brutal. But obviously different characters and equally interesting like every way with good and bad like all of us.

Interestingly, its the older people, even some teachers who would bring up xenophobic stuff and as if they mean it. I guess the older people are more like that given their conditioning as you mention what they may have been through.

That was a long time ago though and over the years given India's progress they are probably much wiser. And it happens around here in BD as well but its as usual the younger ones inspiring us out of darkness. Indians in general are very very patriotic, proud and love their country to bits. Culturally very diverse but when it comes to their country...

Totally agree, that this sort of nonsense shouldn't exist in this time but there is hope still.

I guess that guy was merely generalising and assuming with a hint of xenophobia rather than being racist over what info he has- tbf to him, someone from BD travelling to UK is usually Sylheti a lot of the times:lol:.

Cheers for the post and in depth knowledge :)!

And Deepika is a beauty, btw. She came to BD for a show as well. Fabulous woman.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
All racism is due to ignorance mate but no Indians and Bangladeshis aren't of the same race . India is made up of quite a few, a portion of which are Bengalis .
That's a great point. Its the lack of proper communication and access to information, social conditioning etc. Plus, under development. Religious extremists usually to an extent are taken advantage of for their hard lives and recruited, brainwashed like that.

Marmaduke

PL proven and a winner. The attitude on the pitch is what I care about, he's no pampered diva like a lot of our players.

Özil and Xhaka pinging balls to a direct player that can has some balls himself.

*If we have that giant warchest we always claim about then 20mil on a punt on Vardy shouldn't be crazy.... also Homegrown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom