• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jens Lehmann

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Re: Jens Lehmann In Talks For A Return

I don't get all this talk about Lehmann and the dressing room; my impression is that years ago besides the obvious hate between him and Almunia (and probably the other goalkeepers in our team) he got along with no one in our team and their lack of confidence in his ability as a goalkeeper was the reason why Wenger forced him out of the team. This makes him pretty much no different from Gallas, yet apparently Gallas was a dressing room cancer and our team was better off without him.

Giga

SunSport say the deal is confirmed.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3467230/Jens-Lehmann-makes-shock-Arsenal-comeback.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... eback.html</a>

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

so its look like done deal welcome back Jens

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Return of the invincible...

Make no mistake, ANY ex player who won with us is welcome back right now, particularly those of the German kind.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Mad Jens is back.

1233303916-screen.9.jpg

JTJENS_wideweb__470x301,2.jpg

:D

eye4goal

Established Member

scytheavatar said:
I don't get all this talk about Lehmann and the dressing room; my impression is that years ago besides the obvious hate between him and Almunia (and probably the other goalkeepers in our team) he got along with no one in our team and their lack of confidence in his ability as a goalkeeper was the reason why Wenger forced him out of the team. This makes him pretty much no different from Gallas, yet apparently Gallas was a dressing room cancer and our team was better off without him.

Gallas was revealing dressing room stories to the papers whilst he was captain. I cant see how he can be compared to Lehmann

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member

This could be like the Sol signing - his presence can really help the other players out and despite some who may be surprised because it seems a little out of the blue (like Sol) I hope he can help show this team what it means to give everything.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Nice to have an Arsenal legend back, will be surprised to see him get any game time though as long as Average Al is fit.

Shue

Established Member

Jens on the bench would be great. Maybe he could even stay on as a GK coach next season after he's finished his badges? He could be very beneficial for our young GKs.

mo50

Established Member

Its funny how 2 howlers and his career here was ended, yet Fabianski and Almunia were making 2 howlers a game and still remain here.

We need the ruthless Arsène once again.

Goonereagle

Ha. Almunia and Fab make Jens' howlers look very minute. Bring him back and give him the armband! Pure legend!

Galahad

I guess it was probably the nature of his howlers. Making such howlers in the space of 3 or so games is just incredible...I mean misplacing a 5 to 10 yard pass in front of the goal line towards an unrushing striker and then one or two weeks later fumble a tame shot straight at you into the top corner...thats pretty hot.

Would love to have him back though and would love for him to get some game time. Cant be worse then what we have now tho fair play to Al, he did play well the last 2 games.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Arsène has treated Jens always a bit differently.

Still remember when he was dropped after we'd lost our unbeaten run and was left out of the side for a while in that season, 2004/05.

albakos

ArsĂŠne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

tumblr_lhznci3L2c1qgb6ypo1_400.gif

1822324_o.gif

mo50 said:
where's that masturbation gif when I need it?
You don't need a gif.

Just use this video..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeAR-XsZ2WM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeAR-XsZ2WM</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GET INNNNNNN.....

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐

Bit of a kneejerk reaction here. Jens in his final days here was pretty unprofessional (constantly complaining in the press, half heartedly warming up when looked like Manny was injured, and indeed cost us points at times with the most bizarre mistakes)

In his spell at Stuttgart prior to the retirement he cost them points in a number of games by making some very high profile errors (Mainz, Sevilla, Cologne etc)

He was fined a few times - for ranting publically at the board (after Sammer's sacking), at his own players (after a loss against Bayern Munich) and for tussling with a fan after being sent off (bizarrely he stole a fans glasses and only gave them back when the guy begged for them!)

The guy was an extremely capable player for us in his prime, but he declined towards the end with us...and that was some time ago.

Rose tinted glasses seem to be the order of the day I guess....but I guess we're stuck between a rock and a hard place!! Not too many keepers out of contract

Endris

You sound like a broken record of Bildzeitung clichĂŠ. :roll: he only cost two points against Mainz in two years, the game against Cologne was already lost. He only conceded half as much goals as their current goalkeeper, kept the most clean sheets in his first season with VfB and they were still title contenders on the last day of the season. Your Manny boy made high profile errors on pretty much every single game this season so what is your point? You think that Lehmann can top that? He would need to multiply his error record by at least ten. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom