• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: Joening the First Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Willock is a starter. If he isn't, there is something seriously wrong at the club and with Emery. You can't give Guendouzi the amount of game time he did after a good pre season and then not give Willock his chance after his performances vs stronger opposition.

I was so so impressed. He’s as good technically as he is physically. A definite starter.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Impressive performance from Joe. I think he’s been much better when Emery has used him as one of the 6s this preseason than at 10, been much more involved in the game when he plays there.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Impressive performance from Joe. I think he’s been much better when Emery has used him as one of the 6s this preseason than at 10, been much more involved in the game when he plays there.

I fail to see what even makes him a viable number 10. It’s that nonsense Emery started with Banega at Sevilla. He’s clearly a CM.

Our bottom 3 away record isn’t an accident. We’ve lacked players like him who provide authority from deep in attacking and defensive transitions instead of looking for fouls to mask their own ineptness.

I genuinely hope he starts against Newcastle.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
With the way he beem involved this pre season i won't be surprised to start against Newcastle

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Willock was doing all of this last season and should have been getting the run then, but nonetheless I am extremely pleased and excited about his improvement. He is developing assets that we do not have in the midfield right now in terms of his physicality, ball-carrying and dynamism.

Plus, I did say that he can really play a pass!

Divided_Pie

He's better as a CAM.

Would've been great to have had Ramsey as the starting CAM with Willock as backup and Özil in Turkey.
He's clearly best as a 6/8, he looks a bit lost at 10. This is a good thing, because we have plenty of options at 10 and are really lacking at 6/8.

Would love to see Ceballos and Willock playing behind Özil at home or against weaker opponents, and Willock and Torreira playing behind Ceballos in tough away matches.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Guendouzi and Willock have the right profiles to be 6 and 8 in w double pivot. None of our midfielders have the power like Sp**s so apart from Willock. We really needed to see them together in preseason but failing that I hope we see them together in Europa. I don’t like Willock at 10 though, I think he goes missing but when he is deeper you see his attributes the best.

chessygoal

It's a perfect pre-season for Joe, he has consistently been our best CM, adapted well to what Emery asked him to do and was decisive in both box.
He deserves to start next week.

StefanB

I remember so many people saying they didn't see anything special in this kid when he started getting minutes under Wenger. Really glad he's showing all those people wrong.

Also for me he's far better as a 6/8 than as a 10. Loses that driving force when playing higher up the field.

Steps

I remember so many people saying they didn't see anything special in this kid when he started getting minutes under Wenger. Really glad he's showing all those people wrong.

Not sure if I ever put it on the forums, but I was one of those people. Happy to eat crow now. Kid is becoming one hell of a talent.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Looks better than Xhaka already.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
He will be starting vs Newcastle. Question is, who will join him?

Most likely Xhaka and _____? I hope it is Ceballos, not Özil.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
can see the huge difference between Willock and Doozi. Doozi cant carry the ball, cant be incisive, cant track runners and when he plays the opposition forwards just run straight down the middle to our goal.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Getting the vibe that some people feel that it's Guendouzi or Willock? Both can be successful here. Willock seems to have the ability to control games (this needs to be developed naturally) whereas Guendouzi wants to get on the ball and force the issue. Long-term, both can be excellent players here.

I think Willock is more of what we need for a tough away day at Newcastle though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom