• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kieran Tierney (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
You know i don't rate him, but my word, what an awful, awful deal.

Hopefully there is some sort of gentlemans agreement on Zubimendi.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Meh what style does Tomiyasu or kiwior have as left backs compared to Tierney
Tomiyasu is definitely better on the ball and he covers more positions in the back line. Kiwior is mostly a cb and then lb. Also both are perfectly fine being back ups here which Tierney doesn't want which is perfectly fine from his point of view.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Do find it strange PL clubs haven’t come in for him, he’s a good player.

Also haven’t there always been rumours he’s been home sick? Maybe Sociedad reminds him of Glasgow.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Newcastle were interested. Real Sociedad clearly is. Why don't they put up 20m? Why is it always that we loan em out until they have no value left or their contract runs out?
Who knows man ? Sociedad might be brassic, I don't know.

I do think clubs will look at his injury record & be put off. I can understand a club only willing to loan him. I mean, when we bought him he was already injured & its just been the same old story with him.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

How is it awful? You can't force clubs to buy him. Loan fee and wages paid in full is the next best thing and hopefully he does well enough to attract interest next summer.
Think they’ll be hoping more teams want a LB next summer as well. Think it’s only Newcastle in the PL that were openly after one.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
How is it awful? You can't force clubs to buy him. Loan fee and wages paid in full is the next best thing and hopefully he does well enough to attract interest next summer.
It awful becuase we aren't really gaining anything? We are short at left back, sure we might sign someone, but as things stand, its not a great deal, even though i don't really rate him, i thought he was one of the few saleable assets from the players we want gone.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
It awful becuase we aren't really gaining anything? We are short at left back, sure we might sign someone, but as things stand, its not a great deal, even though i don't really rate him, i thought he was one of the few saleable assets from the players we want gone.
We get a small fee and definitely frees up some wages though

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Better than selling him for £5m I suppose.

Is @EDU starting to cook? @OnlyOne

I don’t know. I think we should be getting a fee for him but maybe regular appearances will do is value the world of good. I’d like to see us extend his contract somehow before he leaves.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Newcastle were the only team that seriously interested when they didn't move for him the Tierney market is dead there no team willing to pay big on LB. it's good chance for Tierney now top 6 la liga club they in CL they not scrubs team so hope he preform so we can get 25M-30M next summer and who know maybe he'll like spain even tho he'll miss snow

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

We are gaining £5m in saved wages, whatever the loan fee is and a player putting himself in the shop window. If he stays here he doesn't play. This time last year Balogun wasn't worth that much and now we are getting £40m for him and the hope will be Tierney does well enough that someone is prepared to pay £25m+ for him next summer.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don’t know. I think we should be getting a fee for him but maybe regular appearances will do is value the world of good. I’d like to see us extend his contract somehow before he leaves.
His current one runs until 2026 apparently so no worries there.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Tierney in a technical league

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

His current one runs until 2026 apparently so no worries there.

Yeah true. I think if we want more value this is the best place to go, I hope it isn’t a case of loaning for a loan sake though. Guaranteed game time is needed for us to get value.

Shame it’s come to this.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Probably had a word with Teta and Ødegaard since they both played there before deciding on Sociedad.

Who was the last Scot to play in the La Liga? Alan Hutton had a short stint there, didn’t he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom