• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

LittleMo

That quote saying Tierney didn’t mention it is from the club’s head doctor’s mouth.

Yeah but he then goes on to say that he played the next 5 games without any problem. It can’t have been very relevant if he didn’t find it enough to mention after the game and it never stopped him playing afterwards. Kind of stretching to make out he was deliberately hiding something that wasn’t actually a problem at all.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Yeah but he then goes on to say that he played the next 5 games without any problem. It can’t have been very relevant if he didn’t find it enough to mention after the game and it never stopped him playing afterwards. Kind of stretching to make out he was deliberately hiding something that wasn’t actually a problem at all.
We don’t know. Whatever it was he didn’t tell them about may be what aggravated the eventual injury he did get (even after playing 5 games) which kept him out for the rest of the season and cost the team in the run in. Just because he didn’t think it was relevant doesn’t make it so.
It’s guess work since we didn’t get the full details, but what we do know is that he wasn’t 100% forthcoming and that the medical team and/or Arteta wasn’t happy about it.

LittleMo

If what you are implying was even the case, it would be utterly horrendous management from Arteta to freeze out and get rid of a player on the basis that he didn’t mention an over extension that didn’t bother him at the time or cause him to miss any games.

All this “trust” stuff is bullshit, what he did should not amount to more than a telling off or a fine at worst. It’s not as though he deliberately did anything wrong, or broke any rules.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
The club were pissed off with him, I saw it mentioned more than once at the time, but that's not why he's not here - its because we gave him a season to see if he could invert and go outside, and he couldn't, so he can't provide the level of control Arteta wants. Simple as.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Rather than convoluting the transfer thread, this seemed best placed here.

Other media outlets have picked up on the Express' speculation. Chris Sutton being enthusiastic about the idea, which probably ought to serve as a red flag...

I'm not sure this one has legs, mostly for the sake of the player, but Tierney trying to play as an inverted fullback was rather awkward to behold.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
I might be missing something obvious but why are we unable to play football without an inverted left back?
Tierney is a very good overlapping full back, totally unsuited to the midfield role (though I‘d still take him over Kiwior) Ben White is a centre back/right back, decent on the ball who played DM for a season at Leeds why can’t we just switch sides?
He already tried it with falling Apartey, with predictably disastrous results.

I mean that’s assuming he can’t play without an inverted fullback at all, god forbid.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Yeah bring back a guy who can actually play the position instead of persisting with some waste of space gimmick

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If Partey is fit within the next 4 weeks and being forced to play RB for the rest of the season then I'd be all for bringing Tierney back to play as a conventional LB. You're not going to find a better LB in the loan market.

coleio

Yeah bring back a guy who can actually play the position instead of persisting with some waste of space gimmick

I don't think it's a gimmick, I get what it does and why it can be effective.

To sort of piggy-back off your point though, why can't we do both?

In some games we could play an inverted LB and others a more conventional/overlapping FB.
Am I missing something? Is this too complicated to sort out or too cognitively taxing for the players to learn?
Same with why our wingers don't swap sides etc. Just seems obvious but we aren't doing it and seem quite predictable at the moment.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom