• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 25/02/07

Nutsy

Established Member
Here it is, Maybe a 'Mickey Mouse' cup, always nice to bring a few trophies in our first season here at the Emirates. and it's not one of those easy breezy teams too. although judging Moaninho, he could'nt care less about this one that's pretty obvious. so it's

Chavs Chelsc Chelsk Chelsea FC

vs

Mighty Kids Gunners Arsenal FC

Over to Millenium Stadium
Sunday, February 25, 2007
Kick-off: 3pm

I know Mourinho normally won't field his big boys, but somehow i still get the feeling he does as this is the finals and he did firld a strong field against Wycombe or whatever in the Cup ties, i know le prof is going to field the same team who beat Everton, Liverpool crushing and Sp**s, but should we be worrying? personally, the kids deserved to start for this game, as they are the ones who made it all the way to the finals, so be it with Chavs. I'm starting to think the Kids play way better than the first team, there's just no urgency at all.

We lost to PSV, let's count our blessings that It won't be Chavs who we'd lose for the first time this year, and we are still unbeaten so far at home, somehow it doesn't suprise me we'd lose for the first time this year in an away tie :roll:

Anyway, we should field a mix of the Kids and first team for this game. I'm feeling confident, after a ****e display from the Blackburn and PSV game, iit'll make up for everything if we win this against the Chavs, even if it is a Mickey Mouse cup.

nazo

Established Member
2-0 for us.
Mark my words. Ljungberg and Rosicky with the goals.

Either than or we win on penalties.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Almunia
Hoyte Toure Senderos Clichy
Ljunberg Flamini Denilson Diaby Rosicky
Baptista

Arsenal to win 2-1.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Almunia
Hoyte Toure Senderos Traore
Hleb Diaby Cesc Rosicky
Ali Baps

Think we'll either get battered or we'll win by a goal.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
YuenBiaoFan said:
Almunia
Hoyte Toure Senderos Traore
Hleb Diaby Cesc Rosicky
Ali Baps

Think we'll either get battered or we'll win by a goal.
Methinks the latter sadly :(

MightyArsenal

Theres no way we can play 2 up front, thats asking for a beating from chelski. I think we will play 4-5-1, with Baptista or Ade as lone striker. Ali and Rosicky/Hleb out wide. And Gilberto, Denilson and Cesc in the middle.

Either way its gonna be tough, especially if Robben plays, hes gonna tear Hoyte a new arsehole. We could also see Senderos have another breakdown with Drogba.....

Jimbo14

i think we have an advantage, because we'll be fielding a team who has played every game in this cup, and therefore they'll have more desire and passion for it!!

1970*Gooner

Established Member

MightyArsenal said:
Theres no way we can play 2 up front, thats asking for a beating from chelski. I think we will play 4-5-1, with Baptista or Ade as lone striker. Ali and Rosicky/Hleb out wide. And Gilberto, Denilson and Cesc in the middle.

Either way its gonna be tough, especially if Robben plays, hes gonna tear Hoyte a new arsehole. We could also see Senderos have another breakdown with Drogba.....[/quote]
Naw he's alright now he's taking anti depressants. :D

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Chelsea to walk all over us. Come on guys if our first team cant beat them how will our youngsters?

Dont hope for anything.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

>YounGunner< said:
Chelsea to walk all over us. Come on guys if our first team cant beat them how will our youngsters?

Dont hope for anything.
I am expecting nowt, if we get anything it will be a bonus. :D

dos1986

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:

Dont hope for anything.

Our youngsters with baps and kolo are better than our first team imo

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
We got nothing to lose in this game..so i expect a good game.. they score first its all over... Baptista and Ali will play. I think it will be a 4-5-1..wiht Ali on the flanks.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Not a battering, that's not Chelski's style, plus we'll play one up front, so between these factors it ain't gonna be a goalfest imho.

Not a good time, given recent form and the next few games, to play the Chavs. Thoughts will be elsewhere.

But, still, if we can go into the last 15 level 1 up or level, we have a decent chance.

My fear tbh is the Chavs bench which will be very strong and will allow them to step it up, when it matters. Our bench will be green by comparison.

No disgrace if we lose this one but losing can become a habit on the back of what's already looking suspiously like a bad run. It would place a lot of pressure on us for the FA and CL games, but that may be a good thing.

Heart says 2-1, won in the last few minutes. My head says 3-1 Chavs with a couple of late goals but either way the boys will play a creditable game.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
dos1986 said:
>YounGunner< said:

Dont hope for anything.

If that was the case then Wenger would play our youngsters week in week out.

Alfonso

Established Member
Cant see us winning this if all of Traore, Walcott and Hoyte play.

Traore and Hoyte up against SWP and Robben? :lol:

RC8

Established Member
dos1986 said:
>YounGunner< said:

Dont hope for anything.

Why? Because they beat Bolton and Tottenham in extra time?

We were against bloody PSV for christ's sake. They are a very good team, and although we lost, we were much, much better than them, but failed to convert our chances. The overreaction here is truly out of control.

RC8

Established Member
Alfonso said:

Exactly, and what bothers me is that you just know that Chelsea will go all out for the win. Probably Drogba and Shevchenko will start, with SWP, Robben, and probably even Lampard in midfield.

I believe we can win, but it is going to be very difficult, as we are not going to risk any of the other competitions for this.

Alfonso

Established Member
I think this will be up there with Wenger's greatest acheivements if we beat Chelsea with this team(which im pretty sure will play)

Almunia

Hoyte Toure Djorou Traore

Walcott Denislon Bert/Cesc Diaby

Bap Aliadere

Or it will be a 4-5-1 with Ali dropping in midfield like Sp**s second leg.

We just hope tomorrow night Chelsea

a)Get injuries

b)Loose, so have low morale.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

RC8 said:
Alfonso said:

Exactly, and what bothers me is that you just know that Chelsea will go all out for the win. Probably Drogba and Shevchenko will start, with SWP, Robben, and probably even Lampard in midfield.

I believe we can win, but it is going to be very difficult, as we are not going to risk any of the other competitions for this.

Bang on.

Anyone other than Chelski(or Manure) and we'd win this game. Maybe even Manure, cos they'd play a younger team. But Chelski don't have one, just a bunch of 20 or 30 million quid rejects desparate to make a point.

As Arsène says, it's financial doping but if we do pull it off it's the result of the century.

hoyden

>YounGunner< said:

Dont hope for anything.

Football doesn't work like that. It's like saying if Sheff United can beat us how can't Chelsea.
We have nothing to lose. Come on Arsenal~~~

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom