• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 25/02/07

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Alfonso said:
Cant see us winning this if all of Traore, Walcott and Hoyte play.

Traore and Hoyte up against SWP and Robben? :lol:
It will be interesting. :wink:

qs

Established Member
1970*Gooner said:
Alfonso said:

Hoytes well able for SWP, don't know about Robben. Troare will be torn apart in this one.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

qs said:
1970*Gooner said:
Alfonso said:

Hoytes well able for SWP, don't know about Robben. Troare will be torn apart in this one.
WE will either be brilliant on the day or get friggin smashed, I hope the latter. :D

Gort

1970*Gooner said:
WE will either be brilliant on the day or get friggin smashed, I hope the latter. :D

I'm sure you mean the former, right? We do want our youngsters to win this thing and not get "friggin' smashed". ;)

As for whether we should field our strongest side or go with the youngsters, I think that the youngsters need to be challenged and given the credit for getting us to the final in the first place. Anyway, considering yesterday's game and the game last Saturday, the youngsters have everything to prove that they can come up with the goods.

qs

Established Member
1970*Gooner said:
qs said:
1970*Gooner said:
Alfonso said:

You want us to lose :?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I really hope we will win this game, because if we lose, it would be a breakdown for us for the coming very hard fixtures.
We already lost to PSV, and if we lose to Chavs, what can we expect in Blackburn away, in-form Reading home, and extremely defensive PSV home???

My pick

Almunia

Hoyte Toure Senderos Clichy

Ali Denilson Gilberto Cesc Rosicky

Ade

sabret00the

Established Member
Well to be honest

Almunia's been as good as Lehmann this season
Hoyte's done well.
Toure's been a little off the boil but good player.
Senderos has been one of our most consistent performers
Clichy's still got no final ball but he does have drive.
Walcott seems to have the Henry disease.
Denilson is in a better vein of form than Cesc
Diaby is still overrated
Ljungberg is a waste of space but may produce a goal.
Aliadiere knows he needs to take every chance
Baptista is the same.

Collectively the CC squad is having a much better run than the first team so i wouldn't sweat it.

Rohit

Established Member
Wenger said yesterdays game has no effect on the final as they will be two completely different teams.
I don't agree with Wenger here,this is a huge week for Arsenal football club.We have lost to PSV, in my opinion we won't be able to beat Chelsea although we will give them a good fight and then we have the F.A Cup replay at Ewood,Reading at home and PSV at home again.

In 2 weeks we could end up loosing a final and going out of 2 Cups.With Bolton not too far behind,our season is in a very precarious position.It might be two different teams,it's still one club,one dressing room,one squad.

I don't feel too good,our players need to show more fight and passion for the club they play,they need to play for us fans.

We have seen two abysmal performances,whether that is down to tireness or just no rhythm and sync, it doesn't bode well for our season.

Infact over 90 minutes we have won only one game in our last 6 if i am not wrong,that being against Wigan which was another poor performance.

These are two humungous weeks, we have some very tough away games left, we could end up in another last day nail biting finish for fourth spot.

All speculative, yet realistic in my opinion.
Anyways, i don't see Flamini in any of the teams being put out, i think he'll start, i just pray we don't get battered.

Lukazan

Established Member
I reckon we are going to be beaten quite badly, perhaps a 3-0, but the team will have played exceptionally well.. if that makes sense.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i have absolute confidence in our carling cup team, if the back four is eboue toure senderos clichy. but i think eboue still isnt fit so hoyte will take over which is fine. atttacking wise, our kids have no problems, and maybe their innocence will trouble chelsea

awooga83

Established Member
I think its clear Chelsea will play a strong side and because of this and the fact they are full of big players means they willmore then likely win. But i feel as long as the team we field plays well and aquits itself in a good manner and shows determination and doesn't go down wihout trying then i don't think i would be upset. Losing is bad but if you lose and give it your all then its acceptable.

Arsenal316

Uh, guys, you do know we're playing Chesea right? If Gallas isn't in the line-up against his former team, I'll be shocked.

Gut tells me we can pull it out 2-1.

stuart

Established Member
If we don't win i can't say i will be too disappointed but it's always nice to get a trophy and always nicer to beat **** :)

Im sure Wenger will play a few of the 'older players' for this one and Baps and Ali are must starters.

I would like a team of

Almunia
Hoyte Toure Senderos Gallas
Walcott Denilson Diaby Ljunberg
Aliadiere Baptista

Good blend there. It should be good enough to put up a fight. The fact is if we lose we have an excuse.!!

1970*Gooner

Established Member

qs said:
1970*Gooner said:
qs said:
1970*Gooner said:
Alfonso said:

You want us to lose :?
erm nope my mistake :eek:ops: :lol:

DOUBLE-YOU

stuart said:
If we don't win i can't say i will be too disappointed but it's always nice to get a trophy and always nicer to beat **** :)

Im sure Wenger will play a few of the 'older players' for this one and Baps and Ali are must starters.

I would like a team of

Almunia
Aliadiere Baptista

Good blend there. It should be good enough to put up a fight. The fact is if we lose we have an excuse.!!

i am not convinced with the blend of that team. i think fabergas will play, maybe even clichy. the midfield is weak in the wide positions (in terms of passing football) thats why i feel wenger will play cesc.
i think adebayor and rosicky need to be on the bench. i would also have more confidence with djourou against drogba than senderos, although senderos is stronger on set pieces.

my head says chelsea in all honesty, but - and i don't know why - something is saying we are gonna win this 2-1 after going a goal down.

Are we at the lucky south side for this game?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Arsenal316 said:
Uh, guys, you do know we're playing Chesea right? If Gallas isn't in the line-up against his former team, I'll be shocked.

Gut tells me we can pull it out 2-1.

Prepare to be shocked, Arsène has already said he won't play Gallas- imagine what putting the big boys in now will do to the confidence of our kids- who are, after all, our future..

hoyden

stuart said:

I would like a team of

Almunia
Aliadiere Baptista

Didn't Wenger say these who haven't played in CC this season won't play in the final?

Jackus

DOUBLE-YOU said:
stuart said:

I would like a team of

Almunia
Aliadiere Baptista

i am not convinced with the blend of that team. i think fabergas will play, maybe even clichy. the midfield is weak in the wide positions (in terms of passing football) thats why i feel wenger will play cesc.
i think adebayor and rosicky need to be on the bench. i would also have more confidence with djourou against drogba than senderos, although senderos is stronger on set pieces.

my head says chelsea in all honesty, but - and i don't know why - something is saying we are gonna win this 2-1 after going a goal down.

Are we at the lucky south side for this game?

North end. :roll: :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom