• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Everton vs Arsenal | 08/11/06

sesquioxide

I didn't get to catch the game, but it is "conventional wisdom" around here that Song, Denilson, and Flamini are all defensive type midfielders. If it is true that according to the article the three of them all played together in the central midfield, does that mean that we were playing with no attacking midfielders? Or did we previously underestimated the attacking ability of all 3 of them?

Captain

Established Member
Apparently Flam and Denilson were orchestrating alot of attacking moves. With Ade as well it is possible to play in a style where most of the creativity comes from the wings.

dublingunner

Established Member
Just watched the highlights on ATVO, according to whoever edited them we absolutely dominated the game :lol:. Showed a couple of shots from range by Denilson which is encouraging I suppose as it probably means he's gaining in confidence. Flamini and Aliadiere looked very lively too, Ali breaking inside from the left.

They were also very keen to show Wenger shaking hands with everyone upon the whistle. This media blackout by him is very odd, isn't he supposed to give a press conference on Thursday? Or maybe it'll be tomorrow since the game is on Sunday?

Don Pacifico

Established Member
sesquioxide said:
I didn't get to catch the game, but it is "conventional wisdom" around here that Song, Denilson, and Flamini are all defensive type midfielders. If it is true that according to the article the three of them all played together in the central midfield, does that mean that we were playing with no attacking midfielders? Or did we previously underestimated the attacking ability of all 3 of them?

I believe that it was Flam and Song in the middle, whilst Denilson played on the right. Theo played on the left.

sesquioxide

Don Pacifico said:
sesquioxide said:

I believe that it was Flam and Song in the middle, whilst Denilson played on the right. Theo played on the left.

Hi, Captain and Don Pacifico,

Thanks for the information.

dublingunner

Established Member
Don Pacifico said:
sesquioxide said:

I thought it was Aliadiere on the left, Walcott on the right and Flamini and Denilson more central along with Song playing the Gilberto role. At least it looked that way from the brief highlights.

xxxxxx

dublingunner said:
Don Pacifico said:
sesquioxide said:

I thought it was Aliadiere on the left, Walcott on the right and Flamini and Denilson more central along with Song playing the Gilberto role. At least it looked that way from the brief highlights.

You're right. Ali played on the left.

sesquioxide

Thanks for the information, but I only feel more confused. Did we actually play 4-5-1? Interesting if it were so, since it would mean that Wenger has been completely converted into a 4-5-1 man after the Champions League run?

Don Pacifico

Established Member
xxxxxx said:
dublingunner said:
Don Pacifico said:
sesquioxide said:

You're right. Ali played on the left.

I may very well be wrong, I'm just going on what I read somwhere...can't remember where unfortunately. I guess it depends what formation we played because I thought we played a 4-4-2 formation rather than a 4-5-1 formation. Having said that I did only get to watch highlights, from which it's not always completely obvious. Hoped I haven't confused you too much sesquioxide. :eek:ops:

dublingunner

Established Member
I'm pretty sure we played 4-5-1 yeah. At West Brom we certainly did, Aliadiere was in the RvP role, and from what I've seen it looks it was the same case against Everton.

We are a 4-5-1 team now, no doubt about it.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom