• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Everton vs Arsenal | 08/11/06

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
famous no 10 said:
leonardo santiago said:
Off topic. But I was doing 2 things at the same time and I accidently clicked my mouse and suddenly a message appeared 'dublingunner succesfully demoted'. This was unintentional. Think dublingunner is a fine poster. Excuses! Could somebody turn back the clock.

Done.
That's fast. thanks a lot. I'll be more careful.

Alfonso

Established Member
The ideal draw would be Wycombe or Southend at home.

The worst draw would obvioulsy be Chelsea away.

What date are the quarters anyway? Because we play Sp**s and Chelsea around the same time in December.

hujja

Established Member
I didn't watch the match today. Can anyone comment on Big Phil's performance?

I hear Everton played a full force side. It must've been quite a workout for our defense.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
dublingunner said:
leonardo santiago said:
Off topic.

HELP!

I was doing 2 things at the same time and I accidently clicked my mouse and suddenly a message appeared 'dublingunner succesfully demoted'. This was unintentional. Think dublingunner is a fine poster. Excuses! Could somebody turn back the clock.

Phew! I was really worried there for a minute! Cheers for the compliment, but don't let it happen again eh :D
I'll try. happens to me all the time, yesterday I was checking out eBay and I accidently bought a circus elephant. still have to get rid of it.

Alfonso

Established Member
hujja said:

I hear Everton played a full force side. It must've been quite a workout for our defense.

Big Phil struggled apparently. Wasnt very impressive from what i heard.

Djoruou seemed to have the better game.

cubbz_th14

LuKaZaN said:
Is it true Wenger refused to speak after the game?

If true, this is surely a shame. It's about time he comes out of his shell from hibernation. it's been bad enough that he hasn't commented on the west ham game for over 4 days now. all this is doing, is making him look worse as time passes. it's about time he speaks out and clears everything up.

lagos

Established Member
Well considering he's facing a charge with the FA it's probably not advisable to put him in a situation that might force him to say something that may harm his defence.

You know what the media are like!

famous no 10

Established Member
cubbz_th14 said:
LuKaZaN said:

If true, this is surely a shame. It's about time he comes out of his shell from hibernation. it's been bad enough that he hasn't commented on the west ham game for over 4 days now. all this is doing, is making him look worse as time passes. it's about time he speaks out and clears everything up.

His silence actually speaks volumes...I think he may have been advised to say nothing by his lawyers...could be reading too much into this but I get the feeling he's building a case against Pardew for something.

GoodOldArsenal

lagosgooner said:
Well considering he's facing a charge with the FA it's probably not advisable to put him in a situation that might force him to say something that may harm his defence.

You know what the media are like!

Very true. It's obvious that the media are going to focus solely on the Pardew incident and not too much of the game. I don't think Wenger wants the whole Pardew issue to dwarf the fine performance of our young Gunners tonight.

hujja

Established Member
Alfonso said:
hujja said:

Big Phil struggled apparently. Wasnt very impressive from what i heard.

Djoruou seemed to have the better game.

Hopefully he's just recovering match fitness.

IBL

Established Member
Just saw some of the highlights. Johnson did his usual gymnastics jump the moment someone touched him inside the box, no replays so couldnt say for sure but it would have been contoversial if given. Almunia was replaced at some point by Poom. Walcott missed one glorious chance after being set up by Flamini (who seemed to be having a decent game) blazing over the bar, good connection with the ball. Ade's goal was ridiculously simple as he met a Flamini corner completely unchallenged. Poom then made one excellent, brave save at the feet of Johnson as the ball broke to him at close range.

I dont think we sustained any injuries (none were reported at least), a good run out for Senderos and the others and the all important result.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The press are saying that Denilson was excellent , until that toss bag Volante too him out .
Moyes having a right old cry , about Johnsons underserved reputation and the fact it it influencing referees . Everyone should just shut up he reckons. hah!

Welcome to our world Moyesy.!

gunner_down_under

Any news on Denilson's injury? Soccernet said he was 'excellent'. But they said the same thing about Flamini, so I dont know what to believe!

And looks like Aliadiere had another decent game. I would be frustrated as hell if I were him. Lighting up Carling cups and reserve games, but no PL action!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Ice Berg legend said:
I dont think we sustained any injuries (none were reported at least), a good run out for Senderos and the others and the all important result.
you mean, of course, other than Almunia...

Lukazan

Established Member
gunner_down_under said:
Any news on Denilson's injury? Soccernet said he was 'excellent'. But they said the same thing about Flamini, so I dont know what to believe!

And looks like Aliadiere had another decent game. I would be frustrated as hell if I were him. Lighting up Carling cups and reserve games, but no PL action!

Why is it hard to believe Flamini had a good game?

He's looked pretty impressive everytime he's come on for the first time this season IMO, and really, despite what some people will have you think on this forum, isn't a bad player at all.

IBL

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Ice Berg legend said:
you mean, of course, other than Almunia...
DOH!

I wasnt implying that he wasnt important to us or anything :wink:

dublingunner

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
cubbz_th14 said:
LuKaZaN said:

His silence actually speaks volumes...I think he may have been advised to say nothing by his lawyers...could be reading too much into this but I get the feeling he's building a case against Pardew for something.

Nah if that were true then I don't think Peter Hill-Wood would have came out and said that it was only a minor thing or whatever.

gunner_down_under

LuKaZaN said:
gunner_down_under said:

Why is it hard to believe Flamini had a good game?

He's looked pretty impressive everytime he's come on for the first time this season IMO, and really, despite what some people will have you think on this forum, isn't a bad player at all.

Yeah I know what you mean, I got a lot of respect for the guy when he filled up the LB spot last season, but he's been kinda in my bad books ever since he apparently told Arsène that he wasn't interested in that position anymore. oh well, we'll never know what actually happened there!

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom