• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Everton vs Arsenal | 08/11/06

kooldawg

Established Member
Could be all speculation.

But you have to consider that the guy is essentially a midfield player, he probably filled in at LB cause there was no other choice, but that is not his true position and i wouldn't blame him if he didnt prefer playing on the left.

gunner_down_under

kooldawg said:
Could be all speculation.

But you have to consider that the guy is essentially a midfield player, he probably filled in at LB cause there was no other choice, but that is not his true position and i wouldn't blame him if he didnt prefer playing on the left.

I can safely assume that I'm speaking for everyone when I say, Flamini's comfort and preference comes secondary to Arsenal's needs! (at that moment when we didn't have cover at LB)

Rahul

great win,just hope we avoid the chavs or pool in the next round.

Whats the news on denilson's injury?

Nutsy

Established Member
Am content with the 0-1 win against the toffees, with them playing a full side, AJ & Cahill in says it all. Our Reserve's quite enough to win against them, didnt see the game live, but what bitter sweeet revenge.

Hope Denilson recovers though and if big Phil's having a bit of trouble, ought to keep him in fitness watch before he can actually plays in the starting 11.

Flamini filling in LB would just be an option, can't say i'm not concern about him sticking to midfield, cause, where then would he be sticking to? i would love him to stay back up for LB since he's been doing fine there, and we're quite short there.

siddharth

Didn't get to watch the game but a good win for the lads. Would have been better had we done it against a 11 men everton team but it's alright. Very pleased with reports about denilson in particular. If he continues to progress this i think we have a good cesc alternative on our hands.

regele

Established Member
gunner_down_under said:
Yeah I know what you mean, I got a lot of respect for the guy when he filled up the LB spot last season, but he's been kinda in my bad books ever since he apparently told Arsène that he wasn't interested in that position anymore. oh well, we'll never know what actually happened there!
The version I've heard is that both him and Wenger agreed that playing at L/R B would hinder his progress as a player, I personally don't think he would have gone and told Wenger that he wasn't interested in that position anymore simply because he had a much better chance of playing as a fullback than he has now as a DM and playing is usually what comes first at young players, especially the ones at our club, who face strong competition, but as you said, we'll never know what really happened between him and AW, just hope that whatever happened will be beneficial to him and by extent us as a club.

Allyboy

Established Member
Note to first team:

Thats how to grind out a result against physical northern teams, sometimes you have to sacrifice the style to get some substance.

Whatever the draw I just hope it is not Liverpool or Newcastle away, we seem to have been lumbered with a lot of northern away trips in the cups recently.

Southend or Wycombe at home should be fairly easy, but if we get the **** or Chelsea then we will have to play some first teamers really....

qs

Established Member
cubbz_th14 said:
LuKaZaN said:
Is it true Wenger refused to speak after the game?

If true, this is surely a shame. It's about time he comes out of his shell from hibernation. it's been bad enough that he hasn't commented on the west ham game for over 4 days now. all this is doing, is making him look worse as time passes. it's about time he speaks out and clears everything up.

I dont think its making anything worse. I havent heard a supporter of another team mention it since Tuesday. So many new storys appear in football everyday and mentioning it now would only bring it to the foreground again.

marco

I dont think we should play the first teamers,.
look at last year, when we started to play first teamers we actually went out.

keep the team as it is even if we get chelsea away or Sp**s away,
Last season our first team lost at goodison
our first team drew with everton at emirates 2 weeks ago,

Our second string went and won, so what they had a man off, you can only beat whats in front off you.

last year- frist team loses at west brom
this year second string win there..

leave them as they are..

marco

Last night meant so much to everton as well which makes victory even sweeter given there tactics 2 weeks ago!

would have swapped 2 points in the league to lose last night, but hey we won and everton are out and consigned to another season of winning **** alll!!!
serves the boring dirty scousers right

vin de guerre

It was a pleasure to see our youth getting one over Everton's 1st team. I hope we can get a decent draw in the next rounds. It would be very special to see our youth representing the club in the final!

qs

Established Member
When is the draw?

Our youth wont represent us in the final thoug, we played a strong team in the semis last year.

Buhry

Established Member

Did anyone here attend the game? If so, could you please write some player ratings/ player reports? Would be much appreciated :)

DOUBLE-YOU

Were there any post match interviews. I haven't seen any from the coaching staff. I hope Wenger isn't hiding.

He should just come out and say

" yeah i pushed Pardew. he's a *****, and what?!!!"

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i wonder why is wenger shunning all the post match interviews. what for? don't tell me he is so petty.

great match today. our youth performed very well. our youth form is much better than our first team currently. if both teams was to match up, i think the youth team might win. denilson and traore impressed me.

anyway marco, i won't swop this win with the 2 points because i think we might win this trophy. we should have won that match anyway so its no fun swopping.

henry79

would love to get southend or wycombe at home in the next round,

It would be better to avoid liverpool chelsea and newcastle.

Do you guys know when the draw is actually taking place?

jester

Established Member
From what it sounded like on SSN, flamini started off most moves, and according to Peter Reid, had a great game.

DOUBLE-YOU

arsenal_hleb said:
i wonder why is wenger shunning all the post match interviews. what for? don't tell me he is so petty.

great match today. our youth performed very well. our youth form is much better than our first team currently. if both teams was to match up, i think the youth team might win. denilson and traore impressed me.

anyway marco, i won't swop this win with the 2 points because i think we might win this trophy. we should have won that match anyway so its no fun swopping.

Did you go to the game?
you know i have got to ask that inevitable question.... How did Theo play?

By the way our youth team are not better than first team. Opposition just play them differently.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom