• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Everton vs Arsenal | 08/11/06

nidza7

Established Member
What`s the point of playing younsters vs Everton if they not given the chance to play against chelsea or liverpool in later stage.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Buhry said:
leonardo santiago said:
Grampus_Eight said:
should ade start ahead of van persie against liverpool?
as left winger? ;)

I didn't see the game, but judging from the commentating on ATVO, it didn't sound like he had the best of games apart from the goal, misplacing a few passes and shots.
But then that might be a wrong impression ovbiously.
I mean if we play 4-5-1 against crap teams, we'll surely play 4-5-1 v Pool. So Ade can only play if Henry plays leftwinger. Would be a better line-up imo.

Alfonso

Established Member
I would love to get Southend in the next round.

I want the Spuds and Chavs to get each other.

thierryunreal

nidza7 said:
What`s the point of playing younsters vs Everton if they not given the chance to play against chelsea or liverpool in later stage.

Because chelsea, tottenham and liverpool are gonna play their 1st teams against us and we cannot but do the same.
semi-finals needs a few oldies like 5 of them and 6 youngsters

cubbz_th14

Alfonso said:
We have 100% winning record without Henry this season.

that, in fact is quite a worrying observation. apart from the fact that he has not been his best for some time, i hope that is pure coincidence as I'm sure we'd all like that to change against liverpool

Alfonso

Established Member
Just one of those odd thoughts.

Thierry has played in 13 games this season.
The record for those games is W6 D4 L3

In the five games that he has not played in we've won (all away) at Zagreb, Hamburg, Man Utd, WBA, Everton.

Surely just coincidence eh?

sparky44

Good to see the boys get a result up north, although Id admit I wouldn't of minded us going out too much. Im hoping wycombe wanderers get chelsea up at the causeway (and ill be there!) and that arsenal get a lovely quarter-final tie with the north-london spuds.

Again its encouraging to hear the youth team get a result away from home against one of the premiership's most stubborn teams. Looking forward to sunday and hopefully the boys can put liverpool away and close up the gap on chelsea & united.

cubbz_th14

Alfonso said:

In the five games that he has not played in we've won (all away) at Zagreb, Hamburg, Man Utd, WBA, Reading.

he did play reading away, what I'm saying is - its because he has been off form lately. his first touch at times has been shocking. i hope he can put all of that behind which he will, its just a matter of time, before great players re-gain their touch.

Original_AAA

Alfonso said:

In the five games that he has not played in we've won (all away) at Zagreb, Hamburg, Man Utd, WBA, Reading.

Lets hope it is a coincidence and not a sign that with Henry on the pitch the players gets to obsesses on involving him in the play and thus ignoring better options.

dublingunner

Established Member
Alfonso said:

I don't think it's completely coincidence, maybe a bit surprising that we've won every one of the matches. I think he was most at fault over the West Ham result, he said himself he wasn't good against CSKA a week ago, and our 1st 3 matches of the season, he and Wenger were both saying he would take until October to be 100%.

Well, Thierry, it's November and you're still not even 90% and it's costing us matches.

RC8

Established Member
Alfonso said:

You mean Everton.

I would not say coincidence, but I'm not sure it is related. After all, Henry equalised when we played against CSKA away, but the goal did not count, and against ManCity the penalty from which we conceded was hardly Henry's fault. We were also extremely lucky to win against Hamburg away, where a dubious penalty helped us.

thierryunreal

RC8 said:
Alfonso said:

You mean Everton.

I would not say coincidence, but I'm not sure it is related. After all, Henry equalised when we played against CSKA away, but the goal did not count, and against ManCity the penalty from which we conceded was hardly Henry's fault. We were also extremely lucky to win against Zagreb at home, or at Hamburg away, where terrible defending or dubious penalties helped us.

agreed mate.
i wouldn't get all imaginative.
we are better with henry on the pitch than off it .
end of story

Alfonso

Established Member
Sorry lads, im meant Everton instead of Reading. Ironically Reading away was his best peformance of the season.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Off topic.

HELP!

I was doing 2 things at the same time and I accidently clicked my mouse and suddenly a message appeared 'dublingunner succesfully demoted'. This was unintentional. Think dublingunner is a fine poster. Excuses! Could somebody turn back the clock.

IBL

Established Member
Yes!

Good result for the young guns, another quarter final appearance in the cup we apparently dont take that seiously. In the end we scored from a single set piece. I hope that some highlights will be shown on Sky Sports news later tonight. Chelsea are the one team I'm hoping to avoid as they're taking this comp damn serious fielding a very strong team tonight. For the quarts hopefully Lauren will be back and who knows maybe Diaby will have made a miracle recovery by then.

famous no 10

Established Member
leonardo santiago said:
Off topic. But I was doing 2 things at the same time and I accidently clicked my mouse and suddenly a message appeared 'dublingunner succesfully demoted'. This was unintentional. Think dublingunner is a fine poster. Excuses! Could somebody turn back the clock.

Done.

dublingunner

Established Member
leonardo santiago said:
Off topic.

HELP!

I was doing 2 things at the same time and I accidently clicked my mouse and suddenly a message appeared 'dublingunner succesfully demoted'. This was unintentional. Think dublingunner is a fine poster. Excuses! Could somebody turn back the clock.

Phew! I was really worried there for a minute! Cheers for the compliment, but don't let it happen again eh :D

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom