• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

League Cup: Arsenal vs WBA [Relive Watchers]

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Loyan: Sorry mate.

sabre: He sure is. With him and Walcott back we might just have some proper striking options up front all of a sudden.

I'm very impressed with Sz&%¤½#%€£\ny too. He looked a little dodgy at some corner in the first half but aside from that he's been brilliant tonight.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Loyan said:
Don Pacifico said:
Loyan said:
Surely can't be Randal. He has no technique.

Bit harsh I think, if anything, Randall has pretty good technique. He has obvious talent just seems unable to deliver on it 90% of the time.
I was being sarcastic mate. I actually rate Randall, has good technique for me and gets stuck in. Think he has good potential as a solid squad player for us I reckon. Just making a remark about how little so many people rate him for us. Some were wishing he didn't even make an appearance in our CC squads.

Doh. Guess you've got me back for my little joke the other day. :D

If anyone's interested, there's a nice highlights comp of the Arsenal-Barnet game from a couple of seasons ago, where Randall (#11) starts on the left and in that brief selection from the first half, he delivers three pretty tasty passes. A nice illustration of what he's capable of I feel.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Klaus, no worries mate, not really directed at you, or for that matter anyone in particular. Just seems to be a general consensus around here that he's not really worth having in the squad just because he's no Wilshere.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Loyan said:
No worries mate, not really directed at you, or for that matter anyone in particular. Just seems to be a general consensus around here that he's not really worth having in the squad just because he's no Wilshere.

I can see why people think he's no good but as you and I both agree, there is obvious talent there. Whether it's confidence or simply reaching his ceiling, he's struggled to progress from being potential to performing on a consistent basis.

I think this season is his last chance really, particularly with the likes of Coquelin, Frimpong and JET coming through.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's easily much better than JET and Frimpong for me and Coquelin looks like a future starter to me but Randal looks to me like he'd be a solid member in the squad to have around as a substitute in the future for us. He has all the ability, just a matter of being a bit hot headed at times for us in getting needless red cards at reserve level, but I reckon our team could use a bit of fire at times. Not saying I seem as a starter but someone who could come in at times in the future and do a good job.

qs

Established Member
Good game from our lads, lucky enough with the sending off but I thought we were in control before that anyway. Wilshere had a good first half but quietened in the second. Ramsey was very good throughout. Watt isn't ready for this level, ditto Sunu. Vela showed his class yet again, can't wait to see him in the first team this season, I hope he gets some minutes up top. Armand Traore continues to impress me, not at a Wilshere or Vela level but I feel the guy is underrated and has alot to offer. He's fast as ****, has a great touch, good dribbler, decent crosser, good passer. Could really be an option for us, think I've said it before but I'd prefer him wide left than Diaby.

sabret00the

Established Member
Must say, that Wilshere is still showing problems in his game in regards to discipline. When moved to right wing and was forced to play a much more rigid and disciplined game, he quietened as qs said. it was an opportunity for the rest of the team to get involved but it shows that jack will excel in the first team 4-3-3 if we're lucky enough to see it again. i do like the fact that we're falling back on 4-4-2 though.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
100% agree about Traore being put ahead of Diaby at LM. Has everything needed there, just needs to get a few games to get confident in his own abilities as he sometimes makes mistakes due to that. But he has all the necessary qualities to succeed there IMO.

Alfonso

Established Member
I am not sure about Traore, think he lacks in the brain department as well. He has good physical and technical attributes but was disappointed with him tonight on the whole, needs to really improve his end product. Personally, I dont think he will make it with us, just a gut feeling as well as going on tonight's performance.

Assuming Vela, Gibbs and Ramsey have 'made it' at Arsenal I would say these players will be joining them:

Szcesny
Coquelin
Wilshere

Might make it, i.e. 50/50:

Watt
Mannone

Wont make it:

Sunu
Traore
Gilbert
Randall
Brazite

qs

Established Member
Alfonso said:
I am not sure about Traore, think he lacks in the brain department as well. He has good physical and technical attributes but was disappointed with him tonight on the whole, needs to really improve his end product. Personally, I dont think he will make it with us, just a gut feeling as well as going on tonight's performance.

I don't think he'll make it here but not because he's not good enough. Like I said he will never be a top player like Cesc or Shava but he could definitely be a useful player, sorry to go back to Diaby again but I think if he was given the same amount of chances he's been given he'd be a better player by 23.

I think it was very tough to judge his final ball tonight too because Watt and Sunu looked out of there depth to me, if he'd started with Vela and Bendtner instead I think alot more of his passes would've made an impact. In fact if we can get a few more first teamers back and Nik can be benched I'd love to see than front 3 with the same midfield for the rest of the tournament.

Oh on another issue, Gilbert has no future at Arsenal.

ricky1985

Established Member
Alfonso said:

Assuming Vela, Gibbs and Ramsey have 'made it' at Arsenal I would say these players will be joining them:

Szczesny
Coquelin
Wilshere

Might make it, i.e. 50/50:

Watt
Mannone

Wont make it:

Sunu
Traore
Gilbert
Randall
Barazite

I think it was pretty clear before tonight that Wilshere was going to make it at Arsenal. He's the biggest dead cert of the lot!
I'd agree with nearly all the rest, except Mannone. The only area of goalkeeping he can even compete with Szczesny on is shot-stopping, in every other aspect Szczesny wins hands down.

kamikaze80

Established Member
pretty much agree with that list, alf. i think watt could be a decent forward for someone in the premiership. it's a big ask to make it as a forward for arsenal though - you basically have to be world class.

randall could have a nice premiership career if the light bulb ever goes on upstairs. on a technical level, he can compete with anyone, but the game just passes him by.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
qs said:
sabret00the said:
i log into atvo and am instantly shown the score. f****g dimwits.
Yeah exact same thing happened here. f****g *.
Wow, that beggar's belief. And after all of their talk about it being a 'live' experience.

I feel sorry for those of you who waited around for this only to be screwed over by ineptitude.

otfgoon

Established Member
If you think thats bad, a mate of mine actually anticipated that and covered it up beforehand, only to start the stream at 10 to see them showing a replay of the goal before the match started apparently :mrgreen:

ricky1985

Established Member
So if we bought no other players for the forseeable, and in the future fielded a team entirely of academy graduates/youth players, we'd have;

Szczesny

G.Hoyte
Bartley
Nordveit
Gibbs

Coquelin
Ramsey
Merida

Wilshere
Vela
Walcott

Not too shabby, eh? Especially from the midfield forward - they, in particular, all look potentially top class (or as Kami would say; "European class") players one day.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I think Barazite has a good chance of making it too, at least as good as, say, Merida. Very intelligent player. He just needs to take the final step. Maybe it will happen this year. I don't think he gained much from being loaned out to Derby, unfortunately, so it's probably a good decision to stay at Arsenal for the time being.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I don't think G.Hoyte will make it, remains to be seen tbh.

I just watched the match. Barazite clearly has talent but is not consistent enough with his final ball. I think he can make it here, if he works really hard.

From Alfonso's list, the only one I disagree completely is Mannone, don't think he have any chance in making here as Scz is much much better and is 3 years younger. Traore could make it here as well, if he improves his game because thus far he is okay but very one dimensional

arsenalsocks

Established Member
Wonder what would've happened had a poster wrote the final score after the initial post in this thread :mrgreen:

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom