• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Liverpool v Arsenal, 15/08/10, SS1, 4pm GMT

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Anzac said:
I can't believe that we are looking at going into the opening game without 3 key players - and without a midfield. AW has had no early CL qualification to worry about & we look to be in worse shape than the debacle that was 08/09.
That's what a lengthy summer tournament combined with no winter break does to players. You can fault Wenger for insisting on **** goalkeepers and the blatant lack of discipline in midfield that we showed today, but you can't really criticise him for fatigued or injured players before the season's even started.

squallkid

Established Member
alonso14 said:
squallkid said:
Just passed through RAWK and they're licking their chops at the prospect of facing us next week. It's been doom and gloom on their for months and now they're bouncing with excitement

Tells you all you need to know basically

I think you lot take that place far too seriously!

I know of no Liverpool fan who is looking forward to next week, there is no doubt things are more positive than they looked a couple of months ago...Gerrard / Torres staying, signing Cole and the club looking like it could be sold soon...

But on the field we have issues and I would snap your hand off for a draw

Gerrard doesn't look up to it anymore and I don't think anyone takes the Warsaw Friendly too seriously but it was funny to see RAWK happy for the first time in months

I know of several Liverpool fans who think your lot will stuff us. All mates of mine of course but how are the likes of Jovanovic and Danny Wilson?

I thought Mascherano was leaving because if he does that would be a big boost for us.

-Shaun-

Iloveyouarsenewenger said:
-Shaun- said:
Can anyone else confirm what Arsenal players are out of this one please?

Bendtner, Ramsey. Definitely out.

Fabregas, RVP. Very very slim chances of starting. May be they'll be on bench.

Song, Diaby, Denilson. Haven't played a single pre-season match yet. So, nobody's sure if they'll start or not. But, should be fit for this one.

Thanks for that one mate. I guess it is very hard to predict the team in that case, so many players are doubtful. Presuming Cesc and RVP are only available to start on the bench, I'd go with:

------------------ Almunia -----------------
Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen(c) - Clichy
--------------- Song - Denilson ------------
------------------ Nasri -------------------
--------- Eboue - Chamakh - Arshavin -------

Prediction: Liverpool 1 - 2 Arsenal

Gerrard scores first for them. Chamakh equalises before half-time, with Arshavin grabbing the winner with a stunner quite late on.

alonso14

Established Member
squallkid said:
alonso14 said:
squallkid said:
Just passed through RAWK and they're licking their chops at the prospect of facing us next week. It's been doom and gloom on their for months and now they're bouncing with excitement

Tells you all you need to know basically

I think you lot take that place far too seriously!

I know of no Liverpool fan who is looking forward to next week, there is no doubt things are more positive than they looked a couple of months ago...Gerrard / Torres staying, signing Cole and the club looking like it could be sold soon...

But on the field we have issues and I would snap your hand off for a draw

Gerrard doesn't look up to it anymore and I don't think anyone takes the Warsaw Friendly too seriously but it was funny to see RAWK happy for the first time in months

I know of several Liverpool fans who think your lot will stuff us. All mates of mine of course but how are the likes of Jovanovic and Danny Wilson?

I thought Mascherano was leaving because if he does that would be a big boost for us.

I wouldnt write Gerrard off just yet

Danny Wilson looks a decent player from what i saw if him up in Scotland, cant comment on here cause he has hardly played

Jova looks big, strong & quick

Anzac

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Anzac said:
I can't believe that we are looking at going into the opening game without 3 key players - and without a midfield. AW has had no early CL qualification to worry about & we look to be in worse shape than the debacle that was 08/09.
That's what a lengthy summer tournament combined with no winter break does to players. You can fault Wenger for insisting on **** goalkeepers and the blatant lack of discipline in midfield that we showed today, but you can't really criticise him for fatigued or injured players before the season's even started.

How many made it past the Group Stage or the Q/Fs - not Song, Diaby, Denilson, Nik, JD. IMO not even Cesc has any 'excuse' as he played the entire tourneyment as a sub. The only player who has any claim to fatigue re the WC is RVP. As for the injuries........same old same old.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I will gladly take a point based on our current state

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I'll be honest, I've only half followed the preseason because of a bit of chaos in my day to day life, but knowing RVP and Cesc won't play, this would be my ideal XI

------------- Szczęsny -----------------

-- Sagna - Kos --- Vermaelen -- Clichy -

---- Nasri ---- Song ----- Diaby -------

--------- Walcott ------- Arshavin -----

----------------- Chamakh -------------

sigh.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Anzac said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Anzac said:
How many made it past the Group Stage or the Q/Fs - not Song, Diaby, Denilson, Nik, JD.
How on earth is that relevant? They're still injured and have been since their World cup ended.

I think you'll find that many of them were carrying knocks with them into the tournament and needed rest this summer, but instead they were pushed to the limit by their national teams.

Gurgen

Established Member
If Frimpong or Wilshere start in midfield we might as well stay in London. This game depends on Song/Diaby/Denilson getting fit in time.

Timleaf

Established Member
I'd be surprised if we lose. It's easy to forget just how sh*te Liverpool were all last season. I cant see Roy Hodgson and Joe Cole changing things that drastically, especially when Torres will either be very unfit (probably less fit than he was during the World Cup), or not involved.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
If we continue to defend like a pub team, we will lose to Lpool even if they weren't at their best.

There's still hope our defending will improve, though.
I refuse to believe that today's performance of our Back4 was a sign of what we're going to see this season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
hope song fabregas van persie and arsha return i want good result

almunia

sagna-tv-kos-clichy

song

fabregas-nasri

van persie- arshavin

chamakh

GOONER1991

Established Member
--------------Almunia

Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Clichy

-------------Frimpong
---------Cesc--------Nasri

Eboue ------------------------Arshavin
--------------Chamakh

No reason for Cesc not to start, yes he's been off for three weeks, but he barely played for Spain during the World Cup, so burn out will be unlikely, and he's good enough to influence a game, even when not fully sharp. RvP on the other hand, played a lot during the World Cup, and thus I doubt he'll be risked. Eboue deserves his place on the right over Theo anyday of the week. Nasri in the centre, because that's where he's been playing all pre-season, and due to the absences of Ramsey, Denilson and Diaby, while Frimpong is playing purely because of Song's absence. Almunia is s**t, but Fabianski is just terrible and thus he is the lesser of two evils.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Gurgen said:
If Frimpong or Wilshere start in midfield we might as well stay in London. This game depends on Song/Diaby/Denilson getting fit in time.

Yup agree , Liverpool play in a similar counter attacking style leiga . They'd be a threat to score every time the broke up our slow attacks or win the ball in midfield .

Anzac

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Anzac said:
How many made it past the Group Stage or the Q/Fs - not Song, Diaby, Denilson, Nik, JD.
How on earth is that relevant? They're still injured and have been since their World cup ended.

I think you'll find that many of them were carrying knocks with them into the tournament and needed rest this summer, but instead they were pushed to the limit by their national teams.

Nik's original groin injury was sustained in the 1st NLD v Spuds & he is about the only player your last statement refers to. Vela went off injured in the Group Stage but played in the elimination game; Denilson & JD weren't at the WC; and I don't recall any talk of Cesc, Song or Diaby picking up injuries at or before the WC.

Biggus

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Anzac said:
But you can fault him for not buying experienced players ready made to stand in, and you criticise him for again relying on players that have failed us the past 3 years.
squallkid said:
I don't think anyone takes the Warsaw Friendly too seriously
While friendlies are essentially irrelevant, the criminal disregard to defending displayed by Wengers teams for these past few years is yet again on display for the world to see, and is very worrying.

Wryer

Song will be massive for us. I really hope he will be ready by next weekend. Our pre-season is typified by young and weak midfield conceding poor goals and possession under pressure, but excelling when we are in control.

--------- Chesney ----------
Sagna - Kosc - Verm - Clichy
------- Song - Frimpong ------
Eboue ---- Nasri ---- Arshavin
--------- Chamakh ------------

Kain

Established Member
Atlast, can't wait for the season to kick off, all this off-season talk and transfer nonsense can go do one.

Dunno whats wrong with most of you weeping at this fixture, we've scored for fun in the friendlys, beat all but AC milan, we also have an excellent opening game reputation from previous years we often pick up the three points in the first game.

Going to Anfields not ideal & the scousers will have 'New Manager' syndrome where by they'll all played like men possesed, however our record against them in recent years especially in the premier league has been great, Last year we started off the season over the otherside of Liverpool and come away with a fat goal tally & the three points, more of the same this season please. :)

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom