Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by OnlyOne, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

also, it's probably not correct in some way or the other, but I've got a massive impression of him and his trademark lisp and it's so spot on you get a room or table of 30 people to laugh and recognize it. I know you shouldn't make fun of people and their shortcomings, but you can handle a lisp pretty easily and I've had it myself as a very young kid and got rid of it super fast and easy. Don't want to detract him here, but it is just plain ridiculous when you see and hear him on TV talk about how his job is to organize BBQs and grill steaks when he's in fact under contract as a player but always sits in the stands with his trademark childish behaviour and lisp. Should've never left Stuttgart for Schalke. Was a prolific striker nonetheless.

2. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Won a Bundesliga for me as top scorer, clearly needed my man management, of resetting the game if I lost, for longer in his career ;)

krackpot and Toby Andrl like this.
  3. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

With Arsenal being so disfunctional it really isnt the place to experiment.

Wenger would experiment with players in different players, i.e. Ramesy on the right, nasri on the right, etc. but the rest of the team was fully functioning giving those players time to adapt and learn.

We're in a complete mess and he's sticking Torreira in the no10 role.

THe irony is that Emery is actually quite bold when it comes to team selection and formation and isn't afriad to try something new...however he's got it the wrong way round. Formation, selection need to be consistant...it's the style of play that needs to be attacking!

krackpot and celestis like this.
  4. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

Proper fraud don’t see why so many Arsenal fans love him he’s done nothing to deserve admiration.

GDeep™ and celestis like this.
  5. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

You're like a broken record on this subject chains

tcahill likes this.
  6. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

It annoys me how certain players get rated so highly without having proved anything. I think people have it in their mind Torreira is Arsenal's Kante and seem to be too stubborn to acknowledge he's been poor and blame it on Emery.

My job is to convinced people to see the truth, look at how effective it was with Lacazette. I'm basically a martyr.

7. Rex Banter

Rex Banter YNWA Trusted

I used to always buy Timo Hildebrand on the old FM games, thought he was the next Oliver Kahn for sure.

8. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

Killed his career with that move to Valencia.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    Gooner416 and Rex Banter like this.
  9. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Phallus Obsessed

Well, i think your work with the Lacazette topic basically served to convince those who already did not rate him to not rate him more.

10. APierre

APierre You Wanna Come Out Here?

11. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Won't be surprised not because he used in wrong position but he lost his place in team lately if xhaka kept out Torreira may have another chance to play in his usual position but won't rule out Italy return he looked more comfortable in Italy

12. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

`
    Because he manages the way the guys at AFTV would if they were managers . Make subs at half time , carry on like a pork chop on the touch line , drop Özil and Ramsey etc.

13. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

None of us are happy with how you are being used, sweetheart. None of us.

krackpot likes this.
  14. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

holyyy old timer! I was an utter Newb in 03/04, probably the only guy in the whole of India playing CM :lol:

I do remember Karuanyi dimly..my guys were Bakircioglu, Kallstrom (the irony!) and Madiera.

Kallstrom needed time, but Bakircioglu and Madiera were cheat codes.

Riou likes this.
  15. Ricardinho

Who was the Swedish goalkeeper that was a must buy with kallstrom on that game? Same team, I think

16. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

We’re going to lose a bunch of players because of Emery aren’t we?

just play this guy in front of our defense ffs.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  17. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Isakson? Hard to buy for me because he transferred to some Russian team generally.

18. Ricardinho

That's the one mate although it might have been cm01/02 or the year after when he was very easy to pick up on the cheap. The position was sorted for a decade+ once you had him in place.

krackpot and Tourbillion like this.
  19. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

One of my fav players on the game was Jan Kristiansen (he played for Esbjerg) he could play in any attacking midfield position and was brilliant...was quite cheap too, if you started with a team on a small budget he was a must!

krackpot likes this.
  20. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Big Stipe Pletikosa from Shakhtar was one of my go to keepers, Sebastien Frey was quality aswell.