• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've watched him a while and he had all the tools to do do much more. It's not working out for him with us so I'm ready to cut my losses. There is a good player in there though :(

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He started strong and there’s definitely a player in there but it’s just not working out for him. I’m not into bashing players - but what I will say is that he’s clearly not settled and that’s not entirely his fault.

I do want to point out that Coquelin got shat on during his time here and this guy is no better. This forum needs more perspective when assessing our players.

Manberg

Predator
Was very poor against Villa. Deservedly subbed at 45 minutes.

His form could be a consequence of his pre lockdown injury. He hasn't had a run of games.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
It seems a lifetime ago that he and Xhaka looked like a proper partnership and we were on that unbeaten run. Then Emery started to try to turn him onto 13/14 Aaron Ramsey and he's been largely awful ever since.

Could still probably be effective as a scuttling 6 behind 2 8's, but I think in the EPL that role requires greater physical strength and ability in the air.

It will be surprising to see him here next season.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He’d be a good body to have to see out the last 15-20 minutes of games. Doubt he’d be happy with that though.

What happened to his ability on the ball? Thought he was suppose to be decent.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

He has never actually been good for Arsenal, people only rate him because they put this idea in their own heads that he is like Kante. He's shown nothing his entire time here.

There was 4 matches under Emery he did really well in, got MOTM in most, but yeah other than that he's been super super rubbish, BPP strikes again.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
There was 4 matches under Emery he did really well in, got MOTM in most, but yeah other than that he's been super super rubbish, BPP strikes again.
Could you remind me of how we've played? Wasn't it him next to Xhaka with one advanced midfielder in a setup where we were actually pressing? Think it was, and I'm fairly sure we haven't played that way since January last year.

Let's take, for example, Messi, do any of you think he would do well with some rubbish club that parks the bus and plays long balls to him? I don't think so, so why would anyone think that Torreira would do well here when the setup plays against his strengths? He doesn't have the legs for this role, but when you press high with 3 midfielders, that won't matter that much because the only thing that's important is to win the ball fast, and that's something he is great at.

If we can't play the pressing game with 3 people in midfield, Torreira should be first to go, but if our plan is to play with high pressing, he will be a great player for us, simple as that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom