• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters
Have never trusted Arteta as manager BUT it is not only he that has to go, those in the board that controll this club need to be replaced aswell or we will still be here in ten years waiting for Arsenal to be great again

Bergkamp1988

Son and Kane vs Willian and Auba is worth a 20 point difference. Son and Kane are world class players. Auba at best is a world class poacher but nothing on Kane while you can draw your own conclusions on Willian. Rest of the team is pretty well matched but the difference up front is extreme.

Wtf is going on here with Auba ? Some people are acting like he's not that much.
May I remind you that our lad was PL golden boot of 2019, and was one goal shy of being Golden boot again just a few months ago.
Get the Fk out of here with "he has nothing on Kane".
Now we can agree with the Son Willian comparison but people taking the piss out of Auba are just jerking it.

We still have one of the Top 5 strikers on the planet ffs

Nothing would justify a 20pts difference with Sp**s

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
In defence of Arteta, he did everything possible for the Leeds game. It's was a positive thing to see from him that he moved away from that overly defensive formation instead of insisting on something that didn't work.

Missing our best player and Pepe getting a red card lost us 2 points, but nothing we can blame Arteta for.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Wtf is going on here with Auba ? Some people are acting like he's not that much.
May I remind you that our lad was PL golden boot of 2019, and was one goal shy of being Golden boot again just a few months ago.
Now we can agree with the Son Willian comparison but people taking the piss out of Auba are just jerking it.

He’s not even in the top 5 strikers in the prem man. He’s not as good as Kane and he’s certainly not as good as Son

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭

Arsenal TV level nonsense this. I said what he was : a world class poacher. He’s been great for us and his goal scoring record stands clear but he’s a level below Kane. Let’s not pretend it would take more than one heartbeat to say yes if given the option of swapping him for Kane. Let’s also not embarrass ourselves by saying he is as good as Kane.

Bergkamp1988

He’s not even in the top 5 strikers in the prem man. He’s not as good as Kane and he’s certainly not as good as Son

This is madness. He was litteraly the One top striker 2 yrs ago and the second top striker as early as 4 months ago. All of that while playing in a dysfunctional / in crisis team for most of that time. And being played out of position for part of that time.

Now we can discuss the specifics such has his back to goal ability and his assit ratio.

But quit the B.S "he's not top 5 in PL" you're pushing it buddy.

Check out my profil pic, you don't wanna mess with me

roz

Fake News Merchant
Let’s hear your 5 then
Kane, Son, Rashford, Werner, Aguero, Jimenez.

All more complete players that have huge influence in their team. Right now (with the exception of Aguero) are better than Aubemeyang.

roz

Fake News Merchant
This is madness. He was litteraly the One top striker 2 yrs ago and the second top striker as early as 4 months ago. All of that while playing in a dysfunctional / in crisis team for most of that time. And being played out of position for part of that time.

Now we can discuss the specifics such has his back to goal ability and his assit ratio.

But quit the B.S "he's not top 5 in PL" you're pushing it buddy.

Check out my profil pic, you don't wanna mess with me
I apologise profusely, I don’t want any trouble

In defence of Arteta, he did everything possible for the Leeds game. It's was a positive thing to see from him that he moved away from that overly defensive formation instead of insisting on something that didn't work.

Missing our best player and Pepe getting a red card lost us 2 points, but nothing we can blame Arteta for.
Liverpool missed three of their best players but still trashed Leicester. Other teams have had a player red-carded but still went on to win their games.
Did we even have a shot on goal while Pepe was still playing? Come on bro, we suck. End of.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Kane, Son, Rashford, Werner, Aguero, Jimenez.

All more complete players that have huge influence in their team. Right now (with the exception of Aguero) are better than Aubemeyang.

Kane and Son in form yes. Rashford this season has been horrible. Werner is looking sharp. Jimenez is nothing special. Overrated. Very good player yes but not in top 5. Aguero is done. If you had said Vardy you would have been close to pushing Auba out.

It's so funny that when other teams do well it's because of their squad. Yet Soton are sitting above us. Whenever we do bad it's the squads fault. Emery took us to EL final and close to top 5. Oh our squad is brilliant Emery got lucky.

Managers make a huge difference.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Kane and Son in form yes. Rashford this season has been horrible. Werner is looking sharp. Jimenez is nothing special. Overrated. Very good player yes but not in top 5. Aguero is done. If you had said Vardy you would have been close to pushing Auba out.

It's so funny that when other teams do well it's because of their squad. Yet Soton are sitting above us. Whenever we do bad it's the squads fault. Emery took us to EL final and close to top 5. Oh our squad is brilliant Emery got lucky.

Managers make a huge difference.
United have been horrible as they usually are. Rashford stands out in their team. Everything good they do goes through him.

Dont get why it has to be one or the other’s fault in regards to our current predicament. Obviously its both the manager and the players. One thing Ill keep in mind though is that Arteta came into an absolute **** show and came out looking pretty good. That has certainly bought him time.

The players in this current squad however have been guilty of this time & time again. Under Wenger, Emery, Freddie & now Arteta. Guys like Xhaka, Lacazette, insert CB name here should have been shipped off or at a last resort released from their contracts. The players are the one constant in this never ending circus.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

They do have horrible judgement though. Pray tell how did a rookie with totally no experience got chosen over proven winners like Ancelotti then? And like you've said money is no object..
It was a weird trend at the time, giving inexperienced managers some of the biggest jobs in football.Ole and Lampard were doing relatively well, meanwhile everyone was saying good things about Mikel at the time and we desperately needed a replacement (as Freddie was a bit sh*t ) so they probably thought ‘f*ck it’.

Not going to lie I’m running on hope and hope alone right now. I’m using the FA cup wins to convince myself that there’s a top manager in there but now I’m starting to think maybe it was a fluke. I’m dying here man. :(

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
United have been horrible as they usually are. Rashford stands out in their team. Everything good they do goes through him.

Dont get why it has to be one or the other’s fault in regards to our current predicament. Obviously its both the manager and the players. One thing Ill keep in mind though is that Arteta came into an absolute **** show and came out looking pretty good. That has certainly bought him time.

The players in this current squad however have been guilty of this time & time again. Under Wenger, Emery, Freddie & now Arteta. Guys like Xhaka, Lacazette, insert CB name here should have been shipped off or at a last resort released from their contracts. The players are the one constant in this never ending circus.

And who's job is it to say to the board I dont want this player. I need you to try move him on? Every other club in the world can move bad eggs or players on. But Arsenal? No?

Arteta came into a team who had finished 5th in the league and reached the EL final. Those players had down tools on Emery but to pretend that this squad is on par with Burnley and Newcastle like some fans are indicating is absurd. If a decent manager cant get this team into the top 6 and maintain a decent consistency in results then he isnt good enough. Simple as.

The players that we need to propel us are not player who would want to come to Arsenal. Especially when we finish 10th. People may say Partey came didnt he. Theres about 200k reasons why he came and challenging for titles and CL football wasnt one.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Liverpool missed three of their best players but still trashed Leicester. Other teams have had a player red-carded but still went on to win their games.
Did we even have a shot on goal while Pepe was still playing? Come on bro, we suck. End of.

Klopp had Kevin Grosskreutz as a jack of all trades mainstay in his title winning Dortmund teams and actually made him look so good he got called up into the WC title winning team of 2014.

To remind you, there's seldom such limited players as him. Guy could basically only run but had massive mentality and workrate. This guy's career tanked so massively after Klopp, stayed a bit in Turkey, then Stuttgart, went on a binge drinking run with youth players and ended up getting beat up in the red light district of Stuttgart after which his contract was ended, then went to 2nd league, then to 3rd league, now out of a job at 32. But Klopp had him in his teams and made him a WC winner. But yeah, Arsenal's lot are so bad Saint Mikel can't get them to string two passes together.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
It was a weird trend at the time, giving inexperienced managers some of the biggest jobs in football. Ole and Lampard were doing recently well, everyone said nice things about Mikel at the time and it was mid-season so they probably thought ‘**** it’.

I guess that trend was kicked off by Guardiola and Zidane getting their jobs - although against often mentioned narrative not completely without prior experience - and the Germans promoting youth team manager after youth team manager - and here the fact all of these German lot had managed mostly at least for a decade before getting shots at first team managers is omitted. It's bonkers to give someone a team with no prior experience at all, as it's not just about experience per se, but as the one handing out the job you've got absolutely nothing to go on on how the guy will actually do his job.

Olivier_Giroud

Now that it has been confirmed that Arteta is a failed experiment, we are now in one of our darkest moments.

What we need right now is a manager that can easily make our team clicking again. A manager who is known for utilizing what he has got and makes his team competitive in an instant. Plays an entertaining yet effective type of football.

He is known to transform players with weak characters into Great Characters.

What we need right now is Brendan Rodgers. He is an optimist and delusional but that is exactly what we need. We need his delusions to infect his players into believing that they are better than what they really are, and that they are all world class players. Look at how he rejuvenated Leicester.. Jaime Vardy is partying again and scoring goals for fun while we could barely register a shot on target every game.

A big plus is that Brendan Rodgers is a proven snake who is willing to jump ship as soon as a bigger club offering a more lucrative salary comes a knocking, so there is a BIG chance we could get him immediately even if he is still under contract.

Brendan Rodgers is the answer in the gloomy - pandemic times we are in.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom