• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mancheater City: 115

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
No need to worry about that anymore:

This was always going to happen once it came out that there were talks at the UAE/UK government level. That's how these things work. The FA will do what the government tell them behind closed doors and the government will do whatever lines their slimy little pockets. People will of course be up in arms but nothing will be done to City at all. You have to love it though. The financial rules are not working because they're not being enforced so let's scrap them to give the advantage to the clubs that the rules that didn't work were supposed to reign in.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
No need to worry about that anymore:

****ing cowards in the league. I dont know why other teams that follow the financial rules would agree to this. Why would other teams want to allow the cheats off the hook? Furthermore many owners, especially American owned teams, want more financial regulation (.i.e. salary cap) not less.

City break the rules endlessly and will end up with a punishment that wont affect them in the slightest.

If this change comes in and its clear there is no consequence for nation state clubs breaking FFP, you would expect to see Newcastle progress their spending rate at a similar level to city.

MartiSaka

This was always going to happen once it came out that there were talks at the UAE/UK government level. That's how these things work. The FA will do what the government tell them behind closed doors and the government will do whatever lines their slimy little pockets. People will of course be up in arms but nothing will be done to City at all. You have to love it though. The financial rules are not working because they're not being enforced so let's scrap them to give the advantage to the clubs that the rules that didn't work were supposed to reign in.
Its ridicolous, a financial penalty will still impact smaller clubs who are likely to have minor infringements, whilst have neglible impact on the nation states that the rules were meant to reign in to limit their astronomical levels of spending. This will create greater imbalance in the league and place greater pressure on PL teams (especially top 6) to try to keep up with the state club spending. It cant be good for the financial health of clubs or the competiveness of the league.

MartiSaka

And the reason they are using to suggest the current rules need to be scrapped are absolute rubbish: "The league wont be able to continue to attract the best players"

Its clear that this isnt the case given the orders of magnitude more revenue generated by the PL compared to other leagues. Current PL transfer spending dwarfs all the other leagues combined and this wont change whilst the league remains dominant

The one way the league might not remain dominant is when fans realise that PL lacks integrity and one partixular club has more political power and influence than the league itself. And competition is dimished when we see Newcastle and City win the next 20 leagues straight.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Oh No Wow GIF by Rockstar Games

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom