• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

ManUtd v Arsenal - Saturday February 16 - FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohit

Established Member
I don't see a problem with Nani doing what he did. I do have a big problem with Hoyte running behind him like a clown. I'd rather he simply slid in from behind and foul him, getting a yellow. Let him know that it isn't a training pitch and there is someone with him.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Rohit said:
I don't see a problem with Nani doing what he did. I do have a big problem with Hoyte running behind him like a clown. I'd rather he simply slid in from behind and foul him, getting a yellow. Let him know that it isn't a training pitch and there is someone with him.

Personally as a person who plays organised football every week, I would never foul a player deliberately, instead try my hardest to win the ball as clean as possible. That's just me though.

What Hoyte did, is he showed himself to be incompetent, and I can't help but think he is only here because we need English players for squad submitting for the CL.

True Gooner

Established Member
I dont think Nani's juggling was disrespectful, in football you do what feels right at the moment, you dont have time to think and worry about what the fullback feels.

What was disgraceful was the way Adebayor and Eboue went about the game. I suppose losing 4-0 brings out the worst in people

Zico

Established Member
ZanYGooneR said:
Anyone who even attempts to analyse this game is simply wasting their time. We all know that was not our Arsenal out there yesterday.

We were there simply because we had to. But then again I'm not surprised because if you guys remember back to last season, Wenger did say that this season he was going to sacrifice the FA Cup as he blamed our champions league exit to PSV on the replay with Blackburn.

Which is in stark contrast to what Fabregas was saying last week about wanting to win every game including this one. We should be worried, mate. Two drubbings by rivals in one season is unacceptable. Having to field guys like Traore and Hoyte as cover is troubling. Hopefully, these results will make us less complacent going forward so we can at least go to Old Trafford with a lead of 5 points or more.

thegame24

Established Member
why does a big part of me really not give a ****?

Its like the Sp**s game, all im bothered about is the opposition fans.

Like i would have liked to go for a treble, but i know Sp**s wont win the carling cup, i know united wont win the FA cup and i know we should realistically win the premier league.

very weird.

Zico

Established Member
how do you know united won't win FA Cup and Sp**s won't win Carling Cup? They each have, at most, one tough team to play to win the trophy. And we all know that on any given Sunday, anything can happen.

on the bright side...
... our exit means we'll be able to rest our players on FA Cup days. That could be vital in the league.

thegame24

Established Member
Chelsea just dont lose, they dont ****ing lose. they are ruthless with drogba and a strong defence.

my opinion anyway

as dor nani it was pure ****ish cause its not like he was running towards our goal, it was rediculous cause of the fact that hes running towards their goal.

btw lol. anyone else hoping fergie starts playing useless fletcher more now, might cost them a few points.

awooga83

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Fergie knows Fletcher only plays excellent againts us and he will only use him against us.

Well he isn't part of thier first team so he probably told him to go out and show why he should be part of it, no better motivation then that for a player who wants to remain part of United and become more involved.

tam1886

Established Member
I'm slightly biased towards Fletcher but he is a very capable player. He obviously isn't in the league as their first choice midfielders but it is a good player still. He is a good back up option for them and whilst he isn't a spectacular player he is solid and makes very few mistakes.

I'd go as far as saying that he is more effective than our own Diaby and Denilson right now, although they are undoubtedly more talented. He is a few years ahead of them and has valuable experience at all levels of football from league to Champion's League to International level.

He isn't crap like people say. If you looked objectively at his game rather than labelling him ****e because he is a United back up, you might see that.

outlaw_member

Established Member
awooga83 said:
outlaw_member said:
Fergie knows Fletcher only plays excellent againts us and he will only use him against us.

Well he isn't part of thier first team so he probably told him to go out and show why he should be part of it, no better motivation then that for a player who wants to remain part of United and become more involved.

Exactly why he keeps him on the leash until they face us. No wonder we won twice last season he wasn't there. :D

tam1886

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I mean excellent compared to his actual ability.
Wasn't just directed at you. Just get fed up of people in general slagging his ability when it clearly isn't the case.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
You're right Tam, Fletcher is not s***e, but boy did he get away with a lot yesterday.

But, that's the ref's problem, not his.

tam1886

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
You're right Tam, Fletcher is not s***e, but boy did he get away with a lot yesterday.

But, that's the ref's problem, not his.
Yeah I agree. Ref was a funny one for me yesterday. Sometimes it seemed like he was doing well, then he'd (and the linesman) **** up by not awarding our perfectly legal goal and giving a freekick against Toure for handball when his arm was clearly around his back.

Seemed to keep a lid on things which was good, but some decisions left me scratching my head.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
The one that really bemused me Tam, was when van der Sar came running out from goal like a bat of hell and the ref basically smiled and patted him on the back.

Something tells me Lehmann wouldn't have been treated in such a lighthearted manner.

thegame24

Established Member
another thing, i still cant believe nobody has replayed our goal, no mention NOTHING.

its a joke beyond all recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom