• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

ManUtd v Arsenal - Saturday February 16 - FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Biggus said:
AnthonyG said:
Biggus said:
I think you're being harsh on Jens DC, but the rest of them were truly 'orrible.

Boohoo the ref was crap, Boohoo the pitch was crap. Only an idiot (savant) would try to play "ze beautiful game" in those circumstances.

I said at the start we should park the team bus in the goalmouth and boot it long to Ade/Nic/Eduardo.

Fergi outwitted Wenger in tactics and lies. And just like Spuds in the whatiscalled cup, they wanted it and needed it more.
Jibes aside, it really was though. What was up with that?

Even Wenger had a dig about the April rematch and his hopes that the pitch would be in better nick.

It was done on purpose, it was even watered at half time, to facilitate the long ball game they played, and ***** our slick short passing game. There's nothing unusual or illegal about it.
I know that.

It was nothing to do with the watering (at least my point wasn't); the actual pitch was bumpy and even Fergie said that it is crap and needs resurfacing.

They did play direct, but even they put the ball on the ground from time to time. It looked worse than a League 1 pitch.

_scorpion_

Established Member
I just hope come april 1 lesson will be learnt....

Expect a high tempo smothering game from the Mancs because they believe that's the best way to beat us.

You could see from the 1st minute they were going to somther Cesc & Gilberto and it worked a treat. They pinne dour inexperienced fullbacks back and we were out of the match.

I hope Sagna, Clichy, Flamini & Adebayor can flip that around in April.

Aside from that theres nothing more to beat ourselves up over.....we went in half arsed and got well and truely served!

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Thanks God I watched this game with 15 fellow Gooners so my depression was not as high as it would be if I watched it alone.
Well we are now in only 2 cometitions and that is not a bad thing.
We have also become sure that some of our players are not good enough and IMO won't ever be, that goes mainly to Traore, Hoyte and Gilberto.
I was also very dissapointed with Bendtner and Eboue.
Only player that deserved semi good rate is Jens.
We didn't even try to play and at times it seemed like some of our players didn't even want to be there.
Shame somehting like this happened 2 this season against arch rival, and good is that it happened in meaningless comeptitions.
We definitely lack deph on the bench and I hope this will not hount us this season again.
Next is Milan, 2 games we can't lose, I think I would be more depressed if Milan elimintaes us that I would be in case we got someone like PSV last year and they eliminate us.
We must beat this arrogant retirement home.

Christofaux

Few players came out of the game with any creidbility.

Lehmann, Gilberto, Flamini are the only 3 who looked like they cared enough about what was going on, and didn't make a fool of themselves trying to do something about it.

Biggus

Established Member
DC Gunner said:
I am not judging Lehman as much as I talking about people's reactions had it been Almunia.

Take the second goal for example, people would have slaughtered Almunia for not coming out or for allowing a near post goal.

Do you mean the point blank Gallas og? there's nothing any goalkeeper in the world could have done about that.

Christofaux

Biggus said:
DC Gunner said:
I am not judging Lehman as much as I talking about people's reactions had it been Almunia.

Take the second goal for example, people would have slaughtered Almunia for not coming out or for allowing a near post goal.

Do you mean the point blank Gallas og? there's nothing any goalkeeper in the world could have done about that.

but apparently Almunia could of saved the point blank goal at the near post that deflected off Gallas against United at emirates.

Asterix

Established Member
True gooner - our goal was not offside. We had two players running forward on the right. When the ball was played the one further away (Bendtner I think) was in an offside position and the linesman raised his flag - too early as it turned out because the one closer in collected the ball from an onside position. The play continued and the ball fell to Bendtner, this time in an onside position and he scored. the United players had stopped by the time bendtner shot, but he was in an excellent position and should have scored anyway. It was very odd that the incident was not replayed at all - offsides that lead to ball being put in the net nearly always are shown again.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
asterix, we were playing in OT, a place where utd haven't conceded a penalty for god knows how long.

nobody will debate about the goal that could have of maybe bring us some repreive, but the humiliating nature of a 4-0 thrashing

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Asterix said:
True gooner - our goal was not offside. We had two players running forward on the right. When the ball was played the one further away (Bendtner I think) was in an offside position and the linesman raised his flag - too early as it turned out because the one closer in collected the ball from an onside position. The play continued and the ball fell to Bendtner, this time in an onside position and he scored. the United players had stopped by the time bendtner shot, but he was in an excellent position and should have scored anyway. It was very odd that the incident was not replayed at all - offsides that lead to ball being put in the net nearly always are shown again.

The f*ink linesman waved his flag even before the ball got there..like he had some itch up his arse. That was 3-0 and just before halftime..and bentdner was clear...was more upset they didnt bother to even replay when it was so clear.... That inciident pissed me off more than anything else..even the f*ing halftime show did not mention..and the papers the next day...zero...

Anzac

Established Member
ibby said:
Anzac said:
I wish people would stop deluding themselves - we weren't good enough and there are reasons for it - basically it boils down to 3 areas - the players aren't good enough / the game plan wasn't good enough / or the LeBoss wasn't good enough.......take your pick but while the status quo remains we will continue to be 2nd best............

But according to the table we are 1st best :wink:

lol - I'll take that when we lift the title at the end of the season.... :lol:

Anzac

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
Anzac said:
stiiphunn said:
LOL Everytime we lose a game it's down to a lack motivation from the players or because they didn't seem to give a f**k... This is ridiculous, they did seem to care..
So, could it be because Man U played better than us and we didn't manage to find any rythm in this game?? You know, it happens as well...

which would then mean:
our game plan was not up to the task;
our players were not up to the task;
our manager was not up to the task as he did not change anything until late in the game................
Our players weren't good enough. It happens. It's impossible to win every game that comes your way and sometimes you play against a very good opponent.
What's disappointing though is that we were completly outplayed by Man U- the scoreline does not lie. We did not even match them and they killed us with the pressure they put on every single one of our players. That said, our defense really was s**t yesterday and that did not help us. When you're 2-0 before the 20th minutes you know you're in trouble.

yeah but it's not as if it's the only time it's happened this season..........

can anyone name a game this season where the mixed team has performed - and I don't mean by just getting a result - I mean really played the way the full senior side does?????

Anzac

Established Member
ZanYGooneR said:
Anyone who even attempts to analyse this game is simply wasting their time. We all know that was not our Arsenal out there yesterday.

On top of that, anyone who believes yesterdays game will affect the players or will have some sort of bearing on the league game at Old Trafford is dillusional.

If the 5-1 defeat to the **** didn't affect the players yesterdays result certainly wont. From the moment the game kicked off it was plain to see Arsenal couldn't care less about the outcome of the game.

We were there simply because we had to. But then again I'm not surprised because if you guys remember back to last season, Wenger did say that this season he was going to sacrifice the FA Cup as he blamed our champions league exit to PSV on the replay with Blackburn.

The league game with United will be a completly different story, with different line-ups for both teams. As for Wenger criticising Nani.......I'm not even going to go there.

Don't know quite how to take this on a variety of levels.......... :?

I'm concerned / dismayed that we are so eager to write this type of performance off again - certainly it appears that no one has learnt anything from the Spuds defeat - neither the players, LeBoss or us here - or else we wouldn't be going thru' all this again!!!! :roll:

I must admit I'm a bit disgusted at the arrogance of the club in the implied 'throwing' of the results in 2 Cup competitions. As a supporter of some 30 years I did NOT support the club when they were shyte & could not win a title, nor did I put up with all the taunts of 'boring, boring' etc, just for the club to take some lofty we don't really care about this comp f**king attitude - who the f**k do they think they are!!!! :thumbdown

The FA Cup in particular has been a lifeline for silverware to this club prior to AW, and it's not as if we have much to show for the past couple of seasons - it's about time we stopped resting on the laurels of The Invincibles or our CL final loss. :!:

If LeBoss or anyone seeks to 'justify' such a position by claims that it detracted from our CL performance last season - well that's why you have a squad, that's why you have 70mill quid to buy some players with - if you didn't think we had the depth or quality to be competitive you should have bloody well done something about it FFS!!!! :evil:

Everyone is saying we are a BIG club, well we may be big in finance, but IMO we are looking pretty small in our application so far as the football side of things goes. :(

Lancelot

Established Member
Anzac said:
can anyone name a game this season where the mixed team has performed - and I don't mean by just getting a result - I mean really played the way the full senior side does?????
Wouldn't that be a bit too much to ask from a mixed team, Anzac? You were talking about a team filled with mixed players where some substitutes don't even have a chance to play in a consecutive run of games in order to create some sort of form, understanding and momentum compared to senior players who have already established themselves in the team, and not to even mention the difference in experience and personal attributes as a footballer. It is highly likely that you will experience something of a 'lesser' quality with the way that the mixed team play.

As long as the mixed team can get the job done in the absence of several senior players, I believe we should, at least, feel content about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom