• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

ManUtd v Arsenal - Saturday February 16 - FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC8

Established Member
manutdarsenalfacupid2.png

So, we meet our old foes once again.

This time it's in the FA Cup, where both teams have performed well so far, tearing apart decent opponents like Newcastle and Aston Villa.

First off I'd like to give everyone some good news, courtesy of Arsenal.com...

Arsenal.com said:
Ivorian duo in contention for Old Trafford tie

By Chris Harris

Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Eboue are in contention for Saturday's FA Cup tie at Manchester United.

The Ivorian duo returned from the Africa Cup of Nations on Monday and are due to report for training today. Neither Toure or Eboue played in their country's final game in Ghana, the third and fourth place play-off against the hosts on Saturday, but they could feature at Old Trafford.

Arsène Wenger admitted before the Blackburn game that he was down to the "bare bones" thanks to injuries and international commitments. Manuel Almunia, Abou Diaby, Tomas Rosicky, Robin van Persie, Denilson and Johan Djourou were all sidelined for Arsenal’s 2-0 victory but Rosicky could return at the weekend.

"Kolo and Eboue came back today [Monday] so we hope to see them tomorrow to see if they're not injured," said Wenger at his post-match press conference.

"Rosicky, he looks better. Van Persie looks better, but he is still a few weeks away. But Rosicky maybe has a little chance for Saturday."

Definitely looks good, but I don't think Kolo or Eboue will be risked if they are injured.

Here's the record of the last games that both teams have played in all competitions:

manutdarsenalhistoryxn9.png

They will be specially fired up for the occasion, as they just disappointed their home crowd greatly. The club will try to address it by beating Arsenal and saying that this was the real celebration for the busby babes or some other nonsense like that. And it's up to us to ruin their celebrations.

Some of you may remember the last time we faced United in the FA Cup. But this game is much more reminiscent of that game in 04 when we had to play them before taking on Chelsea in the CL quarter finals. Wenger got his balancing act wrong that time, and we crashed out of both competitions, even though we were by far the best team left in both. This seems like a god-given second chance that Arsène has got to redeem himself, and let's hope he gets it right.

It really is impossible to predict a team for this game, but assuming we don't get any of our injuries back, then we might see the first team, with Adebayor and Fabregas being subbed out later on in the game. And Kolo getting subbed in to get some match practice.

But the more I think about it, the more I think we'll come out with something like this:

manutdfacuplineupcopywr8.png

tam1886

Established Member
We're going to ****ing have them.

It's not going to be easy but we can take them.

----------------Lehmann

Sagna--Senderos--Gallas--Clichy

Eboue--Fabregas--Flamini--Rosicky

----------Eduardo--Adebayor

I'd play that if everyone is fit. Hleb rested and Eboue to help against their wingers. Eduardo in leaving the possibility of an RvP return against Milan, although I think that is unlikely. Toure rested for Milan, with Senderos playing as he deserves it.

I think they can play a couple of games in that timeframe without any adverse effects. Other squads manage it, they are fit athletes and Milan will be feeling it physically as much as we are in the midweek game.

I'd settle for another Ade toe flick after 85 minutes but I feel there is going to be a few goals in this game.

Are they missing anyone through injury/suspension?

stuart

Established Member
I hate playing at OT
I get so bloody nervous!

I dont know what to expect. As long as they dont beat us there in the league. I want to win this one, big style, but i'll survive if we dont.

Hlebs a must, imo. I'd try and go for a strong a team as possible

tam1886

Established Member
stuart said:
I hate playing at OT
I get so bloody nervous!

I dont know what to expect. As long as they dont beat us there in the league. I want to win this one, big style, but i'll survive if we dont.

Hleb or Rosicky for me. Not both because I think Eboue is a valuable asset against them. Either way, I'd like to see one of them rested, and if Rosicky is coming back I'd like to give him some match time before Milan.

Biggus

Established Member
stuart said:
I hate playing at OT
I get so bloody nervous!

Oh come on Stuart get a few inta yee! :wink:

Oh course we should play our strongest team.......If we win this we'll win the double.

Who's going to stop us? 8))

dutchMasta

What? RVP still a few WEEKS?! Must be a trick or something.

Anyway, I don't want to rest Hleb, but I'm scared of risking him, but we have to put our full team. Between Eboue and Rosicky, I'd go for Eboue and bring on Rosicky later, once Man U are more tired.

Fabregas has dominated their midfield before which has given us good results, but his form hasn't been great, hope he can get it back for this game, just in time for AC.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
My starting XI:

Lehmann
Hoyte, Toure, Senderos, Clichy
Rosicky, Cesc, Gilberto, Diaby
Ade, Eduardo

Sub: Almunia, Sagna, Eboue, Walcott, Bendtner

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i want us to put the strongest possible team here. especially in defence.

then when we are winning, subs can come and rest the important players for milan

don't underestimate them though

Jameel46

Established Member
i'm not too sure if we should throw Toure straight back into it, Senderos has been doing well, and when on form Senderos is a very good DEFENDER, and to change a solid back 4 is risky especially against a top side, but then again toure would be better suited to defend against ronaldo, tevez, & rooney simply because of his pace. And is Almunia back? if so i'm not too sure who wenger will pick. i think the rest of the line-up will pick itself.

the dawn raids

Established Member
off the top of my head i cant remember a fixture being this tricky selection-wise. it really depends on who all is back. id really like flamini and hleb rested, but a lot of that depends on who is back. rosicky fab song and eboue maybe? although if gilberto is going to play id much rather see him at old trafford.

at least were playing milan wednesday and not tuesday i guess.

Jameel46

Established Member
the dawn raids said:
off the top of my head i cant remember a fixture being this tricky selection-wise. it really depends on who all is back. id really like flamini and hleb rested, but a lot of that depends on who is back. rosicky fab song and eboue maybe? although if gilberto is going to play id much rather see him at old trafford.

at least were playing milan wednesday and not tuesday i guess.

song is an interesting idea, he did play very well in the ACON and got into the best XI of the tournament but isn't he injured?

Kain

Established Member
As said in the Lobby the thing both teams fear most is a draw as much as i'd like to win and would weigh up resting some players for AC, having the midfield of hleb-flam-fab-ros will get you goals wether by assist to the forwards or scoring themselves, putting in Eboue is imo more defensive minded hes not that effective going forward other than with his pace hes not got a shot either but hes pretty handy at getting back and helping Sagna.

Can we really go to OT and play the possesion game or hope to hit them on the break?

Horse himself said that Adebayor was one of the hardest forwards he has had to mark, lets use this work the crosses, mix it up keep the midfield strong those who excel at one touch passing like Fabregas & Rosicky if we go there & start with a 4-5-1 thats asking for a loss or replay in my opinion.

Jameel46

Established Member
to be hundred percent honest i think eboue is probsbly one of the attack minded players in the side, he is though a bit too direct which even though at times is good can unfortunately break down our moves quicker. he does actually have a decent shot on him.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I would like to see:

----------------------Lehmann

Sagna----Toure---Senderos----Hoyte

Eboue----Gilberto----Diaby----Rosicky

------------Eduardo---Bendtner

Subs:

Fabianski
Gallas
Hleb
Walcott
Adebayor

the dawn raids

Established Member
I wouldnt complain with that lineup at all Gurjit, but I cant really see it happening. Id expect at least two of fab flamini and hleb out there.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Yeah, I see what you mean. After the game yesterday Wenger said that he'll make three or four changes. He pretty much hinted that Fabregas wouldn't start. Apparently he had been in bed for 3 days with a throat infection.

the dawn raids

Established Member
oh, i must have missed that about fab. i do like your lineup though; itd be great to get fab and hleb some rest. but i cant see wenger tempt fate and rest adebayor with the way hes going now.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He will probably rest Gallas, Cesc, Hleb and I would also save Ade, cause those thugs might try to cause an injury only to ruin our good run.

Jameel46

Established Member
i don't think eduardo and bendtner will be able to break through united's defence, and i don't see any logical reason to rest players against United, the CL game is important but we're more likely to do well agianst Milan witout Adebayor than against United, but who's to say he won't be able to play both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom