• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

ManUtd v Arsenal - Saturday February 16 - FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggus

Established Member
Alfonso said:
As for the game, we have a very low chance of winning, simply because the chances are very low of Man Utd losing two big games in a row at home. I think a draw is the most realsitic outcome but I think to myself would I take a loss over a draw as we really dont need the extra fixture, esp as it will be right bang in the middle of our games with Milan.

I have read some silly things here in my time, but................. :idea: Look, why don't we send all the players on holidays now, so they'll be nice and fresh for the 08/09 season.

mindchnger

MDGoonah41 said:
Don't rest players. These guys are pros. If they don't get injured in the game, they'll get injured in training. Just let them play, make a change in the 2nd half to get a few guys some rest. We should try to win every single match we play for the rest of the season

I definitely agree with this sentiment. They will have 4 days to recover b/w the ManU and Milan games. They've done it before, playing games every 3 days or so. Look at Ade, he's played practically every game as of late, bar the CC, and he even came on for the Tottenham 2nd leg. Sometimes too, I feel that a break disrupts the momentum. I certainly don't mind if some of our players get subbed off early, but we're on a pretty good run at the moment and I'd like to see them continue on with it.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Having a game against United in the Fa now is perfect warm up to play Milan. Its' will show our players where they are at the moment.
If Flamini is still injured he should probably be rested and so should Fab whose probably run down from the throat infection.

Biggus

Established Member
There are no more easy games. Every game is do or die now, we are hitting the business end of the season, the sprint to the line......Can't play because of a throat infection?......only if its caused be having had your head removed. Everyone should be ready to play till their legs fall off.

the dawn raids

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
Don't rest players. These guys are pros. If they don't get injured in the game, they'll get injured in training. Just let them play, make a change in the 2nd half to get a few guys some rest. We should try to win every single match we play for the rest of the season

why does resting 2 or 3 people automatically equate losing? its not like resting two has to mean starting randall and traore.

Kain

Established Member
Biggus said:
There are no more easy games. Every game is do or die now, we are hitting the business end of the season, the sprint to the line......Can't play because of a throat infection?......only if its caused be having had your head removed. Everyone should be ready to play till their legs fall off.

lol, you got a point though its a pain in the ass playing sports when your ill like that as you dehydrate twice as fast and it takes longer to recover after the games, but its all par for the course of being a profesional football player.

One thing that might be worth considering is last time we got to rest the team was at the begining of the year (so not that long ago) between the Hammers & Birmingham game we beat a good hammers team 2-0 and the team looked fairly decent though not at its best, had the FA cup + CC which the bulk of main team rested, after that they came back everyone expected our near full team to decimate Brum (at home) and we failed dropping home points in the process.

Im sure Wenger will know whats best for each individual player but resting players isnt so important for a squad wich is so young as ours, this isnt an ageing invincibles team anymore its the new guns and i get the impression that everyone wants to play every game (which is impossible but its still a good and usefull tool enthusiasm)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Biggus said:

Only reason I say that is , things like that tend to drag on without the proper rest , I reckon we could still beat Utd without one or two regulars - we would have to play them like we were a mid table side. On the counter.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Its been a long time since I didnt care too much about a loss to Manure. Our priority is the league and CL. We only assume that the reason behind not playing our first 11 is to save them from fatigue. But there is always a chance of INJURIES. I just dont want any high profile player injury as a result of Saturday's fixture. As it is, we got enuff injuries. We need all our players for the remaining 12 games and CL.

I also do believe we can still COMPETE against Manure with a less than complete first 11.

nidza7

Established Member
we must consider also a situation manure are in at the moment.They are pretty hurt by citeh loss and they too have CL game to think of.Could affect the game.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Last time I said I didn't care about losing we ended up losing 5-1... And in the end I was really pissed off even though initially I really didn't care about it.
So this time I'm not going to lie. I want us to win this one no matter what because I know I'll be angry if we end up losing.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Biggus said:

Couldnt possibly have said it better.
If you want to win trophies then.....
Every. Single. Game. Means. Something. Now.

Asterix

Established Member
We have to play a strong team that has an excellent, not just a decent, chance of winning. But Wenger also has to manage his squad. If he thinks a player is suffering physically or mentally and, over the next 3 months, would benefit from a match off, then he has to consider that.

But, as has been mentioned, we should definitely play at least 2 of Hleb, Cesc and Adebayor. I also agree that Wenger might be tempted by the 4-5-1 again. And I think Senderos deserves his spot on Saturday, and against Milan.

So, Lehmann, Sagna, Senderos, Gallas, Clichy, Eboue, Cesc, Gilberto, Flamini, Hleb and Adebayor. Bring on Diaby, Bendtner and Eduardo after 60. Not all at once obviously.

Then for Milan drop Gilberto and Eboue (if Rosicky is fit to start), and bring Eduardo and Tomas in to switch to the 442.

Gurgen

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
Its been a long time since I didnt care too much about a loss to Manure. Our priority is the league and CL. We only assume that the reason behind not playing our first 11 is to save them from fatigue. But there is always a chance of INJURIES. I just dont want any high profile player injury as a result of Saturday's fixture. As it is, we got enuff injuries. We need all our players for the remaining 12 games and CL.

I also do believe we can still COMPETE against Manure with a less than complete first 11.

I agree. I say rotate. The Milan game is more important, simple as, just like the remaining league games.

I also don't think losing would have a big effect on team morale. If anything, the team will be even more determined to prove itself against MIlan.

Adebayor up top with 5 midfielders behind him is the way to go imo. Eboue needs to be in there, he always plays well against ManU.

Zico

Established Member
Let's put our best possible team out there, including Fabregas. I would rather have Fabregas out there to torment Manchester. That will also increase his chances of getting a yellow card earlier, so he can miss relatively easier games like Birmingham. We cannot afford to have him pick a yellow card later and miss Chelsea.

Rotate? Rotate what? We have the smallest team amongst the top 3. We can bring in Eboue for Gilberto and Toure for Senderos, and maybe Bendtner for Eduardo. That's it. We do not have the depth in quality to change large sections of the team and hope to compete against the wounded lion that is Man United. And we have to let our injured players get sufficient rest so that they can see out the last few months of the season.

Let's stuff em like the pigs they are and head into the Milan game with our heads high!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Just an observation , but wondering whether other people would agree that Rio and Vidic seem to struggle against big athletic Forwards ie Drogba , Benjani and Ade.

I think Ade would give them a nightmare and open up space for others to score.

ibby

Established Member
celestis said:
Just an observation , but wondering whether other people would agree that Rio and Vidic seem to struggle against big athletic Forwards ie Drogba , Benjani and Ade.

I think Ade would give them a nightmare and open up space for others to score.

Well, Drogba has never scored against them (in the league) and he is supposed to be the best at what he does.

marco

To be honest in the whole scheme of things saturday isnt that important.

hope fabregas is chilling out in london saturday afternoon along with gallas hleb and adebayor..

lets see what the rest of the squad can do up there.
eboue back, toure back and song back in ( cant believe i said that)
bentner has something to prove now ade has hit some form..

9k arsenal fans in the ground will be mint...
i will be watching from the beach!! very jealous though as atmoshpere will be very good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom