• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

ManUtd v Arsenal - Saturday February 16 - FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

vin de guerre

I wont lose any sleep about this game. Either win or lose, the overall target must be the EPL and CL. I would most definitely rest as many key players as possible from this match.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Ooh to be a gooner said:
outlaw_member said:
psycho said:
outlaw_member said:
ibby said:
Well, we haven't seen Gallas against the big man yet.

That is something I am relishing, Drogba has always been smart to play against Senderos and not Touré. So I'd like to see who he chooses out of Gallas and Touré, I think it will be Gallas, and the capitan has to be on point.
hmmm. Can't see Gallas doing great against him if I am perfectly honest.
I personally don't think he is the defender he was at Chelsea- just my opinion.
Not to mean he hasn't been wicked this season.

I actually feel exactly the same way, infact I said exactly that a month or so back on this forum and I got vilified for saying so.

And understandably so, considering we are top of the league, and Gallas is our captain and main defender!!!!

What's your evidence for suggesting Gallas is in demise?

Why does the fact that he was better at Chelsea automatically mean he is rubbish here(not that you said that)? It it impossible that he is excellent here but even greater there? My bro is a Chelsk so I get to see most of there matches and I can assure he was better there. There was a reason why he was my fav defender outside of Arsenal and his performances for Chelsea was because of that.

In terms of impact he is better here, as he is our captain and so on. Purely as a defender he was better there, doesn't change the fact he is one of our most important players.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Why are people talking of resting players?

We should play our strongest possible XI and **** those idiots. I just feel that Wenger will drop Eduardo in favour of Eboue and play Hleb in the hole. It will be a very tough game. I see us winning by the odd Ade goal.

Zico

Established Member
CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
If we rest our key players we could be looking at a repeat of the White Hart Lane disaster.

Wenger chose to go with a small squad this year. He knows what he is doing. He rested players for WHL because it was team policy. The only reason we had so many first-teamers in the Carling Cup game was because our marginal players and kids were injured/unavailable.

This is not the Carling Cup. This is an important trophy that Wenger enjoys winning. He also knows that United are talking about being greater than their Treble team. The only way to prove that is to win another treble. What better psychological jab than to be the manager that ends Ferguson's hope of a treble this year?!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
Why are people talking of resting players?

We should play our strongest possible XI and **** those idiots. I just feel that Wenger will drop Eduardo in favour of Eboue and play Hleb in the hole. It will be a very tough game. I see us winning by the odd Ade goal.

Because Arsène has already said he will be resting players.

And rightly so in my view.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I don't buy into this conservative talk of resting players, and tbh I think Wenger is trying to **** with Fergie's tactical approach by mentioning it.

As for the game, I'm fairly confident we can get a result. We're one of the few teams United have to adjust their game for. They don't seem to be able to control their passing rhythm for sustained periods of pressure like they usually do, they're playing in dangerous little bursts. If we can contain these momentary scares, I think we have the right patient game to wear them down.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I don't.

We (maybe not me and you, but the forum) had this discussion when the papers said Arsène was gonna rest Thierry Henry in the Cup game of 2003. Nobody believed it would happen, but it did. And it's happened since, it will happen again and it will happen on Saturday evening.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Gurgen said:
celestis said:
Just an observation , but wondering whether other people would agree that Rio and Vidic seem to struggle against big athletic Forwards ie Drogba , Benjani and Ade.

I think Ade would give them a nightmare and open up space for others to score.

When ManU lost at West Ham an interesting stat was brought up on Dutch tv: Rio and Vidic have conceded the most goals in the EPL from crosses coming in from wide areas.

Unbeatable in the air eh Mr. Hansen? :lol:

:lol: He again extolled the virtues of Vidic and Ferndinand in his recent article . But I can't help but think that Benjani terrorised them. Interesting stat about crosses . Bendtner and Ade anyone?

AliBabaBrewer

vin de guerre said:
I wont lose any sleep about this game. Either win or lose, the overall target must be the EPL and CL. I would most definitely rest as many key players as possible from this match.

Why?
For some reason, people think that because we have AC Milan in the next round, the FA Cup doesn't mean anything.

What if we're knocked out in the next round of the Champions League?
I'd much rather play a strong team against Man United, and have a FACup-League double, than put out a Carling Cup side and maybe win just the league.

The way people are carrying on, you'd think that we're playing in the Final next week, and that we have to choose between the 2 cups.

Legend#1

Established Member
vin de guerre said:
Legend#1 said:
vin de guerre said:
I wont lose any sleep about this game.

Anybody that thinks that are crazy, especially if they live in England.

So how long have you been following the gooners?

That has nothing to do with my point.. But i'll answer anyway, 17 years.. But i'm only 21 :)

How can a game against United not be important, beating them and knocking them out of the cup could be vital in the long run.. I also think the 9,000 travelling supporters might think it's a tad important too.

Also, why sacrifice a cup we have every chance of winning, why put all the eggs in the CL basket when we have less chance of winning it?

It's a vital game imo, I hope the players don't take your attitude to the pitch.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
vin de guerre said:
Legend#1 said:
vin de guerre said:
I wont lose any sleep about this game.

Anybody that thinks that are crazy, especially if they live in England.

So how long have you been following the gooners?

That has nothing to do with my point.. But i'll answer anyway, 17 years.. But i'm only 21 :)

How can a game against United not be important, beating them and knocking them out of the cup could be vital in the long run.. I also think the 9,000 travelling supporters might think it's a tad important too.

Also, why sacrifice a cup we have every chance of winning, why put all the eggs in the CL basket when we have less chance of winning it?

It's a vital game imo, I hope the players don't take your attitude to the pitch.

Exactly, according to many people on A-M we are already in Moscow and 2 points from winning the league so why worry about the FA Cup. It's only Man United, that **** team from up north. I say bring in Hoyte, Traore and Gilberto, let's show them that our reserves are better than them. :roll:

What will happen though, is Wenger will definitely rest a few players, and we may end up regretting it.

Mostarac

Established Member
As long as Wenger does not leave out too many crucial players, I think we can get a favourable result up there.

ibby

Established Member
Outlaw, while I agree with you, there is no need to be silly. Nobody thinks we have everything all wrapped up, you can clearly see where they are coming from, and to be frank I think Arsène is going to do the samething.

sparky44

qs said:
Kraig said:
he would never play theo up top against united. it'll be edu and ade, i can practically guarantee it. flamster will also play instead of gilberto or song and hleb will def play.

any reason why you think he will be making so many changes in a big game?

Ehh yeah..theres a Champions League game against Ac a few days later. Gotta rest some players, and they looked wrecked against Blackburn, team needs fresh legs.

6 Days is more than enough time to recover. I want the strongest team possible, the winner of this tie has potentially one hand on the cup - so why not go for the kill?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
ibby said:
Outlaw, while I agree with you, there is no need to be silly. Nobody thinks we have everything all wrapped up, you can clearly see where they are coming from, and to be frank I think Arsène is going to do the samething.

holy sh*t... its apprently a snowy day in he11... i actually agree with Ibby...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom