• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

ManUtd v Arsenal - Saturday February 16 - FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

ibby said:
celestis said:
Just an observation , but wondering whether other people would agree that Rio and Vidic seem to struggle against big athletic Forwards ie Drogba , Benjani and Ade.

I think Ade would give them a nightmare and open up space for others to score.

Well, Drogba has never scored against them (in the league) and he is supposed to be the best at what he does.
I can't even think of many or even any defender who doesn't struggle against fowards like Drogba or Ade.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

MDGoonah41 said:
Don't rest players. These guys are pros. If they don't get injured in the game, they'll get injured in training. Just let them play, make a change in the 2nd half to get a few guys some rest. We should try to win every single match we play for the rest of the season
Too right.
I even think "too many fixtures, lets rest players" but no, they are proffesionals and this is what they do- all they do infact.
With the money they are getting, playing twice week or whatever is not asking the impossible.
Ive been swayed- I guess. Strongest possible line up for Man U. I doubt Wenger would do that though.

outlaw_member

Established Member
ibby said:
Well, we haven't seen Gallas against the big man yet.

That is something I am relishing, Drogba has always been smart to play against Senderos and not Toure. So I'd like to see who he chooses out of Gallas and Toure, I think it will be Gallas, and the capitan has to be on point.

Sublime

outlaw_member said:
Gurgen whose that in your avatar? It's not one of the guys from The Outlaws is it?

That is just criminal.

"throw ya ****ty draws in a hamper
next time come strapped with a f#ckin pamper"

outlaw_member

Established Member
Sublime said:
outlaw_member said:
Gurgen whose that in your avatar? It's not one of the guys from The Outlaws is it?

That is just criminal.

"throw ya ****ty draws in a hamper
next time come strapped with a f#ckin pamper"

He looked like one of the shottas in my bits so I got confused.(hope you understood the lingo)

I don't know where I got 'The Outlaw's' from though. :evil:

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

outlaw_member said:
ibby said:

That is something I am relishing, Drogba has always been smart to play against Senderos and not Touré. So I'd like to see who he chooses out of Gallas and Touré, I think it will be Gallas, and the capitan has to be on point.
hmmm. Can't see Gallas doing great against him if I am perfectly honest.
I personally don't think he is the defender he was at Chelsea- just my opinion.
Not to mean he hasn't been wicked this season.

Gurgen

Established Member
celestis said:
Just an observation , but wondering whether other people would agree that Rio and Vidic seem to struggle against big athletic Forwards ie Drogba , Benjani and Ade.

I think Ade would give them a nightmare and open up space for others to score.

When ManU lost at West Ham an interesting stat was brought up on Dutch tv: Rio and Vidic have conceded the most goals in the EPL from crosses coming in from wide areas.

Unbeatable in the air eh Mr. Hansen? :lol:

outlaw_member

Established Member
psycho said:
outlaw_member said:
ibby said:

That is something I am relishing, Drogba has always been smart to play against Senderos and not Touré. So I'd like to see who he chooses out of Gallas and Touré, I think it will be Gallas, and the capitan has to be on point.

I actually feel exactly the same way, infact I said exactly that a month or so back on this forum and I got vilified for saying so.

Ooh to be a gooner

outlaw_member said:
psycho said:
outlaw_member said:
ibby said:

I actually feel exactly the same way, infact I said exactly that a month or so back on this forum and I got vilified for saying so.

And understandably so, considering we are top of the league, and Gallas is our captain and main defender!!!!

What's your evidence for suggesting Gallas is in demise?

ibby

Established Member
Agreed, Gallas has been superb, better than at Chelsea IMO but having said that, he has played in two different positions and was used mainly as a utility player at the Bridge while here he has been a central figure in our team and captain.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

ibby said:
Agreed, Gallas has been superb, better than at Chelsea IMO but having said that, he has played in two different positions and was used mainly as a utility player at the Bridge while here he has been a central figure in our team and captain.
Keep in mind, I took last season in consideration too.
Also, we wasn't always a utility player at Chelsea.

qs

Established Member
......................... Jens ........................

Sagna.....Gallas.......Toure......Clichy

Eboue.....Fabregas....Bert/Song...Rosicky

....................Ade.........Theo.......................

Ade and Rosicky to play no more than 1 hour.

ibby

Established Member
psycho said:

Last season was pretty much a **** up for everyone but I get what your saying.

Also, towards the end of his time at Chelsea he was considered a utility player, Carvalho and Terry were the preferred partnership at the centre and that was the position he wanted to play, Mourinho stuck him on the left for most games but also filled in the gaps when Ferreria, Terry or Carvalho were injured.

Kraig

Established Member
he would never play theo up top against united. it'll be edu and ade, i can practically guarantee it. flamster will also play instead of gilberto or song and hleb will def play.

any reason why you think he will be making so many changes in a big game?

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

ibby said:
psycho said:

Last season was pretty much a f**k up for everyone but I get what your saying.

Also, towards the end of his time at Chelsea he was considered a utility player, Carvalho and Terry were the preferred partnership at the centre and that was the position he wanted to play, Mourinho stuck him on the left for most games but also filled in the gaps when Ferreria, Terry or Carvalho were injured.
I knew that- hence why I said he wasn't always a utility player.
It was under Raneri where he made his name.

qs

Established Member
Kraig said:
he would never play theo up top against united. it'll be edu and ade, i can practically guarantee it. flamster will also play instead of gilberto or song and hleb will def play.

any reason why you think he will be making so many changes in a big game?

Ehh yeah..theres a Champions League game against Ac a few days later. Gotta rest some players, and they looked wrecked against Blackburn, team needs fresh legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom