• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Can’t believe so many think that Guendouzi would actually go for £40m+. I think we’d be very lucky to get 30m (maybe if PSG need to fill their French quota or something and they want their boy back). Realistically, you have to accept a ~£25m bid for him imo.

He's a French international, young and experienced in The Premier League and Europa League. No way he would go for as little as 25m

25m will possibly get you a Cantwell or Will Hughes. Douai is easily worth more than this profile of player. It would have to be Iwobi money or more.

truth_hurts

Our fans will moan at anything. Same thing with Partey if we weren’t after him they would be crying out for ambition but no we want him they suddenly moan over his age

Well, we've got fans advocating and even wishing for the sale if our only world class player in Auba whilst simultaneously suggesting the likes of Coutinho aren't good enough for us.

We are a strange fan base at times.

Guendouzi has a lot of potential, but this isn't a O. Dembele (At Dortmund), Sancho, Anelka etc. Who is having a huge impact in the first team. It's a fringe player who we can make a huge profit on and possibly even upgrade.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Well, we've got fans advocating and even wishing for the sale if our only world class player in Auba whilst simultaneously suggesting the likes of Coutinho aren't good enough for us.

We are a strange fan base at times.

Guendouzi has a lot of potential, but this isn't a O. Dembele (At Dortmund), Sancho, Anelka etc. Who is having a huge impact in the first team. It's a fringe player who we can make a huge profit on and possibly even upgrade.
Can't disagree on Coutinho tbh, he's finished. Szoboszlai should be our target

truth_hurts

Can't disagree on Coutinho tbh, he's finished. Szoboszlai should be our target

Interesting. My argument would be that we need to be bringing in established players, we have enough talented youngsters. Enough youngsters that we could even think of moving a few on I.e. Guendouzi, Nketiah, ANN, and Nelson for good money. Let me make it clear that I don't want to sell them, but if we could get 120m plus and buy a world class CB and CM why not?

I think World Cup 2022 will motivate Coutinho.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

It's actually finally nice to be in this position for once. While I'd rather keep Matteo because I think he's an elite talent buying him for 5m and selling for 40m is a no brainer.

He doesn't want to be here, that's not a problem but lets make sure we get our cash for him.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Is that bullying? Just a wound up kid shooting his mouth off.
I take it as bullying. Like those Tory boys who use to burn money in front of homeless people. Pathetic.

I'm all for winding opponents up and getting in their head. One of the best ways to do that is score a few goals and point at the score board.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I take it as bullying. Like those Tory boys who use to burn money in front of homeless people. Pathetic.

I'm all for winding opponents up and getting in their head. One of the best ways to do that is score a few goals and point at the score board.

It's not really like that at all though. Any footballer playing in the PL knows that the money they earn is ridiculous and will set them for life provided they have a semi competent financial advisor.

Matteo saying what he said is simply a childish thing I bet get's said more often than we think, but I am sure Maupay doesn't really care since his 15K a week is more than enough.

It's not bullying, and it's certainly not to be compared to someone burning money in front of a homeless man ffs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hearing Guendouzi is a confirmed Tory now, not surprising.

Makes me want to sell him at any cost now, ****.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

People like Rees Mogg with his Dickensian dress, Eton tie and plummy accent does nothing but flaunt his wealth on a daily basis.

Douzi doing it once when he's wound up can be forgiven surely.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
People probably picked it up more around the pitch as no crowd. Bet it is common as **** in football just like all pro sports.

Only problem I have with Douzi is he is on 40k ffs... bit risky number in the prem so maybe not the brightest kid. :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's not really like that at all though. Any footballer playing in the PL knows that the money they earn is ridiculous and will set them for life provided they have a semi competent financial advisor.

Matteo saying what he said is simply a childish thing I bet get's said more often than we think, but I am sure Maupay doesn't really care since his 15K a week is more than enough.

It's not bullying, and it's certainly not to be compared to someone burning money in front of a homeless man ffs.
If children in the play ground were picking on another child saying I'm richer than you I'd expect the school to treat that as a form of bullying. The symbolism of those Tory lads burning money is one of flaunting wealth to another person. That's what Guendouzi was doing. It just happens that the Brighton lads are fairly wealthy themselves. If they werent i wonder would your view be different?

Guendouzi needs to go and watch some WWF promos to improve his trash talking game.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

If children in the play ground were picking on another child saying I'm richer than you I'd expect the school to treat that as a form of bullying. The symbolism of those Tory lads burning money is one of flaunting wealth to another person. That's what Guendouzi was doing. It just happens that the Brighton lads are fairly wealthy themselves. If they werent i wonder would your view be different?

Guendouzi needs to go and watch some WWF promos to improve his trash talking game.

Being on the pitch and being on a school playground are different though, wrongly or rightly what happens on a sports field has always had different consequences than stuff that happens off it.

I'm sure you've played sport before so you'd know what gets said and never once in my life have I thought this guys bullying me. It's a childish thing to say but honestly doesn't I don't think anything of it other than that, be it against a PL team or a Sunday league side.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would extend his deal and send him on loan. A good loan and that opens up for a return here and even a sale.

Talks of 40/50M are ridiculous when established guys like Bruno Fernandes are going for little more than that, Liverpool paid less than that for Fabinho, even young stars like Hachimi are going for less.

At this stage, you’re looking at 20-25M for Guendouzi, if that.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I would extend his deal and send him on loan. A good loan and that opens up for a return here and even a sale.

Talks of 40/50M are ridiculous when established guys like Bruno Fernandes are going for little more than that, Liverpool paid less than that for Fabinho, even young stars like Hachimi are going for less.

Yeah agreed, I don't think you sell him for 40m and for the potential he has you probably just keep him. That being said if an extra 20m can get help getting a top target and Arteta really doesn't fancy him then I guess you sell.

truth_hurts

Poor comparison. Youri Tielemans cost Monaco 25 million three seasons ago from the Belgian League and then Leicester 40m from a struggling Monaco. Why? Because he was a young and talented international.

What do you think that Todd Cantwell would cost? Guendouzi has a higher stock.

You like young girls and are obsessed with age, so comparing a recently turned 21 year old in Guendouzi to a nearly 26 year old like Bruno is crazy.

Fabinho was an absolute snip, but again not really relevant when trying to guess Guendouzi' worth.

Our Matteo will want to impress next season, so needs a good move or to fall back in favour here if he wishes to make France's Euro squad. Thankfully, we are under no pressure to sell.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Our Matteo will want to impress next season, so needs a good move or to fall back in favour here if he wishes to make France's Euro squad. Thankfully, we are under no pressure to sell.
Its the renew or sell summer. We cant yet again take it down to 12 months.

Arguably our three most valuable assets are on 12, 12 & 24 months. :facepalm:

Shalmaneser V

If money really is tight I would cash in. There is definitely some talent there. I don’t think he’s got it in him to reach elite status though. Not only that he’s one of the most frustrating and petulant midfielders I’ve ever seen in an Arsenal shirt.

25-30M would be a good offer. Take it!

Needs a friggin haircut too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom