• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Its the renew or sell summer. We cant yet again take it down to 12 months.

Arguably our three most valuable assets are on 12, 12 & 24 months. :facepalm:

True, but you could argue that Guendouzi losing a year next year hurts him as much or more than it hurts us.

I'd say our three most valuable assets are Auba, Saka and Martinelli. Auba it's better to keep at any cost, Saka will burn my soul if he doesn't resign and Martinelli is on a long term deal. We have Guendouzi where we want him in my opinion.

Shalmaneser V

I would extend his deal and send him on loan. A good loan and that opens up for a return here and even a sale.

Talks of 40/50M are ridiculous when established guys like Bruno Fernandes are going for little more than that, Liverpool paid less than that for Fabinho, even young stars like Hachimi are going for less.

At this stage, you’re looking at 20-25M for Guendouzi, if that.

What good is he to us on loan?

If he’s not going to be here may as well try to get a sizeable fee for him and re-invest that money.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Poor comparison. Youri Tielemans cost Monaco 25 million three seasons ago from the Belgian League and then Leicester 40m from a struggling Monaco. Why? Because he was a young and talented international.

What do you think that Todd Cantwell would cost? Guendouzi has a higher stock.

You like young girls and are obsessed with age, so comparing a recently turned 21 year old in Guendouzi to a nearly 26 year old like Bruno is crazy.

Fabinho was an absolute snip, but again not really relevant when trying to guess Guendouzi' worth.

Our Matteo will want to impress next season, so needs a good move or to fall back in favour here if he wishes to make France's Euro squad. Thankfully, we are under no pressure to sell.

No need for that. @GDeep™

GDeep™

League is very weak
What good is he to us on loan?

If he’s not going to be here may as well try to get a sizeable fee for him and re-invest that money.

A good loan enhances his reputation and bring in more suitors. It also develops him as a player and opens up the possibility of being an option here.

Shalmaneser V

A good loan enhances his reputation and bring in more suitors. It also develops him as a player and opens up the possibility of being an option here.

What if he goes on loan and flops? His market value plummets and we potentially lose out on millions.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What if he goes on loan and flops? His market value plummets and we potentially lose out on millions.
What if you sell him and he becomes a great player? You probably miss out on further millions.

Clubs like Chelsea consistently use loans to magnify a player and sell him on. The club have to find a loan that will suit the player I guess and reduce the possibility of a flop.

For example, they sent Eddie out to a club like Leeds who were built around Patrick Bamford, in hindsight that was a bad loan.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Being on the pitch and being on a school playground are different though, wrongly or rightly what happens on a sports field has always had different consequences than stuff that happens off it.

I'm sure you've played sport before so you'd know what gets said and never once in my life have I thought this guys bullying me. It's a childish thing to say but honestly doesn't I don't think anything of it other than that, be it against a PL team or a Sunday league side.
You're not wrong. I've heard some cracking wind up merchants on the pitch. Still do as I still play 11 aside football. If the best bantz Guendouzi can come up with is what he said he needs to work hard on that aspect of his game.

Ultimately the route he went down was one I'd expect a bully to go down. It's a comment that would be made by a bully to belittle someone and in their mind but that person in their place.

Shalmaneser V

What if you sell him and he becomes a great player? You probably miss out on further millions.

Clubs like Chelsea consistently use loans to magnify a player and sell him on. The club have to find a loan that will suit the player I guess and reduce the possibility of a flop.

For example, they sent Eddie out to a club like Leeds who were built around Patrick Bamford, in hindsight that was a bad loan.

You can say that about most half talented young players though. Guendouzi hasn’t shown much to suggest that the club is sitting on a gold mine with him. He’s quite a limited player with attitude issues.

Who have Chelsea loaned out and then received massive fee for?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
You're not wrong. I've heard some cracking wind up merchants on the pitch. Still do as I still play 11 aside football. If the best bantz Guendouzi can come up with is what he said he needs to work hard on that aspect of his game.

Ultimately the route he went down was one I'd expect a bully to go down. It's a comment that would be made by a bully to belittle someone and in their mind but that person in their place.
top cricketers try to wind up and undermine the opposition all the time - and that's considered a game for gentlemen (pre Stokes anyway:))

GDeep™

League is very weak
You can say that about most half talented young players though. Guendouzi hasn’t shown much to suggest that the club is sitting on a gold mine with him. He’s quite a limited player with attitude issues.

Who have Chelsea loaned out and then received massive fee for?
I don’t know about massive fees, Ake went for 20M rising to 26M, Lukaku went for 35-40M after loans. Though I calculated, Chelsea sold players for 120Mish after loaning them out.

A lot of then them were youth players, or young signings signed for next to nothing.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It’s not like he’s playing much less? By the end of the season his numbers shouldn’t be too far off last season.
He completed 90 minutes in 11 of Emery's 13 PL matches this season, and 86 minutes in another. Under Arteta he's played 90 minutes in 3 of 13 before being left out against Southampton, so a guy that clearly has a high opinion of himself won't take that well.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Would like to hold onto him, expect him to grow up to be a quality midfielder. But if he's getting too big for his britches, wouldn't mind selling him and getting Partey in.

Jakarta

I think he has great potential but he should’ve been sent out on loan to ligue 1 when we first bought him.

He got chucked into the limelight and now he thinks he is too good to be on the bench.

A typical case of a youngster thinking he is better than he actually is atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom