• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Matteo Guendouzi (Out)

Keep or Sell?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Douzi strikes me as the kind to see out his contract and leave on a free just to give a middle finger to the club. Obviously i have no real basis for my perspective so could be far off. I am nervous about keeping him this season without a contract extension
Tbh mate, I'd like to get this guy off our hands as soon as we can but as I've stated it looks like he's got no intention to move. He does have a bit of potential but nowhere near as much as the type of players we need like Partey & Aouar to get back to the top. To me he probably is a player who could make it at a bigger club & that way we may be able to get a bit of money for him. However, if Arteta can fix his attitude up this year & change it for the better then I wouldn't be against giving him another chance for a year or 2.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Douzi at this point must realize that he's close to ruining his career.

He broke into the full French national team last season and is the captain of the French u23 team, so he thought he had a greater market value than he actually has. He got into an argument with the wrong coach, and Arteta clearly has no problem letting him rot in the stands forever.

With Xhaka, Ceballos, Elneny, Aouar, and AMN we don't need Douzi at all. Also, the sales of Martinez and Torreira mean that we don't need to sell Douzi to buy Aouar. I don't see a way back for him in the squad. He'll be desperate for a move before the transfer window closes so that he keeps his spot on the national team.

I expect us to loan him out this season with him probably accepting pay reduction, and then selling him next season.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He has two years in contract.

What does him having two years left on his contract have to do with anything?

Nobody wants to buy him right now because his attitude is awful, so we're probably not expecting to make a big profit off of him. If he stays with us this season, he probably won't play and then his value will be even less.

If we loan him out for a season, then we can sell him during the last year of his contract. Since it is his last year, teams will try to low ball us, but you can't get much lower than the zero we currently have.

His market value won't go up after spending a season on the bench for us, so we should loan him this summer -- if we can't sell him -- so that we can try to increase his market value.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This is a sad situation now really. I can’t blame the player too much because you can’t expect him to take a move he doesn’t want. Then on the other hand you have to back the manager if he feels it’s best to freeze a player out like this.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What does him having two years left on his contract have to do with anything?

Nobody wants to buy him right now because his attitude is awful, so we're probably not expecting to make a big profit off of him. If he stays with us this season, he probably won't play and then his value will be even less.

If we loan him out for a season, then we can sell him during the last year of his contract. Since it is his last year, teams will try to low ball us, but you can't get much lower than the zero we currently have.

His market value won't go up after spending a season on the bench for us, so we should loan him this summer -- if we can't sell him -- so that we can try to increase his market value.

Well it has to do with what you explained now later. :lol: It has everything to do with it.

A loan would be an extreme last option with his contract, and basically I would consider even keeping him out of team if he doesn't renew even for one year.

That is if there aren't any even half-decent transfer fees for him, meaning something like 20 million.

Keeping him there could be the chance he humbles himself and plays games etc.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not sure what the big deal is. The guy is in training & sounds focused on Arsenal.

If a offer that suits him & the club comes in he will probably go but the market a bit stalled at the mo.

The digs & mind reading by the Athletic a bit odd. Sounds like some of the Arsenal journalists / fans need to remember **** like this often goes on with managerial changes.

EhZFi6VWsAAt-Mv

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Not sure what the big deal is. The guy is in training & sounds focused on Arsenal.

If a offer that suits him & the club comes in he will probably go but the market a bit stalled at the mo.

The digs & mind reading by the Athletic a bit odd. Sounds like some of the Arsenal journalists / fans need to remember **** like this often goes on with managerial changes.

EhZFi6VWsAAt-Mv

That's great, but him having 2 years in contract, we want him to extend in some way or sell him.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
That's great, but him having 2 years in contract, we want him to extend in some way or sell him.
Maybe thats not the rule anymore. It was Raul that banged on about it.

We have Lacazette & Eddie in the same contract length round the team..

sykesy69

EhZFi6VWsAAt-Mv

Summer backlash and realisation that his poor attitude might just be hampering a move away or any playing time this season. Slight contrition on his part, playing the game to seem more amenable.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well it has to do with what you explained now later. :lol: It has everything to do with it.

A loan would be an extreme last option with his contract, and basically I would consider even keeping him out of team if he doesn't renew even for one year.

That is if there aren't any even half-decent transfer fees for him, meaning something like 20 million.

Keeping him there could be the chance he humbles himself and plays games etc.

Yeah, I doubt that he's in Arteta's plans regardless of whether his attitude improves. No clubs seem interesting in paying a big fee for him since they know we're trying to get rid of him.

Best way to get money for him is to let him play for someone else and impress, and then we try to sell him in the summer.

Thankfully, we didn't pay much for him, so we should still be able to make a profit.

Don't think Douzi humbling himself will have any impact. We're buying midfielders who are better than him. I don't think he has any future here, and if he wants to have a career he's gonna need find somewhere else to play this season and hope that someone buys him next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom