• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Would surprise me if he left before the summer. Surely not without his loyalty bonus...

It would be great though.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Koç: "Mesut Özil is a very good Fenerbahce member. Economic conditions are a difficult dream for us to realize."

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sigh ali koc always do play down the Özil transfer. Today i read that Özil won't leave because in his contract there loyalty bonuses

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If he does ultimately end up at a second rate club like Fenerbahçe I'm looking forward to the conspiracy theories about how China blackballed Barca/ PSG etc from signing such a great player :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
If he does ultimately end up at a second rate club like Fenerbahçe I'm looking forward to the conspiracy theories about how China blackballed Barca/ PSG etc from signing such a great player :lol:
He’s 33 soon, no top clubs make such investments. Only Arsenal do actually, our club signed washed up trash like Willian and Luiz from bitter rivals, Arsenal fans loved it too.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

He’s 33 soon, no top clubs make such investments. Only Arsenal do actually, our club signed washed up trash like Willian and Luiz from bitter rivals, Arsenal fans loved it too.

He just turned 32 in mid October, he's not old at all. If he was anywhere close to the player his fans still think he is the biggest clubs around would be taking him on a 12 month deal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He turned 32 in October, he's not old. If he was anywhere close to the player his fans still think he is the biggest clubs around would be taking him on a 12 month deal.

Like I said, top clubs rarely make such investments. You couldn’t give me a list. Most players this age go to America or a smaller league.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Like I said, top clubs rarely make such investments. You couldn’t give me a list. Most players this age go to America or a smaller league.

Just off the top of my head this summer, Cavani and Luis Suarez both made moves to big clubs for free / nominal fees at 33/ 34 years old.

Most players are still in their primes or at least the tail end of it at 32. Mesut should be in a better physical state than most at his age considering he's had pretty much a full year to recuperate and deal with any niggling injuries he's been carrying.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Just off the top of my head this summer, Cavani and Luis Suarez both made moves to big clubs for free / nominal fees at 33/ 34 years old.

Most players are still in their primes or at least the tail end of it at 32.
Those are very rare cases, two great strikers in an era where there is a lack of CF options and the market is affected by COVID.

If he was at a different club but in a similar situation, this forum would be gagging for him, I know that.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Those are very rare cases, two great strikers in an era where there is a lack of CF options and the market is affected by COVID.

If he was at a different club but in a similar situation, this forum would be gagging for him, I know that.

I don't think it's rare at all these days, not for top players anyway. Zlatan has been doing the rounds of big European clubs for 3-4 years and he's pushing 40.

It's not like Özil has ever been particularly reliant on his physical attributes either. Having just turning 32 he shouldn't be anywhere near ready for the retirement home yet in my view, if he's anywhere near the player his fans still think he is.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don't think it's rare at all these days, not for top players anyway. Zlatan has been doing the rounds of big European clubs for 3-4 years and he's pushing 40.

It's not like Özil has ever been particularly reliant on his physical attributes either. Having just turning 32 he shouldn't be anywhere near ready for the retirement home yet in my view, if he's anywhere near the player his fans still think he is.
Zlatan, Ronaldo and the like are freaks. It’s why I didn’t want Willian, such transfer carry huge risks, he looks crap for us and he still had 3 years on his deal.

Also, like I said Özil is a player who hasn’t kicked a ball for 9 months, and has been attacked in the media by his own club with leaks, like Guendouzi. He’s hardly in the “worth a punt” category.

Fenerbache are a CL club too.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s not leaving in January anyway, that would lose him a signing on bonus. Similar to Mustafi, Kola etc.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
“Ok Chuck now stand completely still and demand the ball, don’t run after it, let someone else do that”.
“Nice penalty Brad, you’re hitting it a bit hard though, try bobbling it into the ground next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom