• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh_Snap

Özil to Fener could happen Fener are desperate for a title this season.

Dunno man, Basaksehir is the Erdogan club. Can't quite see the Fener link besides vague announcements. Erdogan was Mesuts best man after all. Also Turkey isn't a safe haven for a young family, wife's gonna have a say in this too. Turkey can be beautiful but its also moving backwards. Can't see Amine wearing a headscarf.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Dunno man, Basaksehir is the Erdogan club. Can't quite see the Fener link besides vague announcements. Erdogan was Mesuts best man after all. Also Turkey isn't a safe haven for a young family, wife's gonna have a say in this too. Turkey can be beautiful but its also moving backwards. Can't see Amine wearing a headscarf.
How do you know this, you Turkish?

genuinely curious.

Oh_Snap

How do you know this, you Turkish?

genuinely curious.
No i'm not. But if you follow the news the last 10 years u can see a trend - even though the turkish people move away from erdogan. slowly. save haven might have been a far fetch but if u want the best for your kid idk, i dont see him go to turkey.

Jakarta

Where are you from?

Typical western outlook on Muslims and their society. If a Muslim populated country follows their own religious and cultural norms does that make them backwards?

Freedom and advancement is not wearing a headscarf...whereas a society where women wear headscarves are backward and subjugated?

I don’t understand why so many people love to interfere with Muslims, their morals and society norms and culture in such a condescending manner.

Btw free the nuns whilst you’re at it too....

Catholic-Church-launched-investigation-as-two-nuns-get-pregnant.jpg

Oh_Snap

Where are you from?

Typical western outlook on Muslims and their society. If a Muslim populated country follows their own religious and cultural norms does that make them backwards?

Freedom and advancement is not wearing a headscarf...whereas a society where women wear headscarves are backward and subjugated?

I don’t understand why so many people love to interfere with Muslims, their morals and society norms and culture in such a condescending manner.

Btw free the nuns whilst you’re at it too....

Oh i'm not particulary condescending towards Muslims. Religion is used as a tool of opression by Erdogan and he has made it clear what he thinks of democracy more than once by basically pissing on Atatürks grave. If a Nun chooses to cloak herself - her decision. If a muslima chooses it - her decision. If a country makes it mandatory (and erdogan tried this but failed in front of court) - its opression and backwards. there's pressure from conservatives for women who choose not to wear a headscarf in turkey, especially the more you go east. I'd never call a country like singapur backwards f.e. Turkey was on a good road before the Gülen incident and it's secularization was even more advanced than many western countries (no religious symbols in universitys f.e.).

Anyhow, mods feel free to move that to general chit chat since this thread moved away from Özil pretty fast.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No i'm not. But if you follow the news the last 10 years u can see a trend - even though the turkish people move away from erdogan. slowly. save haven might have been a far fetch but if u want the best for your kid idk, i dont see him go to turkey.
some of what you say might be true, but Turkey is probably, arguably the most progressive country with respect to clothing and lifestyle.

Some of my Indian Hindu friends opted not to move to Turkey because it is too liberal. You'd get beaten/lynched in India for eating beef, for instance.

Erdogan focusses on Muslim sentimentality, but he knows not to fcuk with the tourism industry.

Harz

Amine is Turkish and not all women in Turkey wear headscarves. They definitely wouldn't mind living in Istanbul. Mesut is Erdogan's buddy so he'll certainly be able to do whatever the hell he wants, and will be worshipped by fans. It could be Basaksehir though, Fener may not be able to cough up the same amount of salary.

Erdogan is a Fener fan btw.

Harz

Also forgot to mention that Erdogan's best buddy in soccer, the racist **** that is Emre Belozoglu, just became Fenerbahce's sporting director this season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Özil agent confirm he held talks with fenerbache but nothing changed according to him Özil want to finish the season with Arsenal.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Also forgot to mention that Erdogan's best buddy in soccer, the racist **** that is Emre Belozoglu, just became Fenerbahce's sporting director this season.
One of the best Turkish players ever though, right? He was class. Not so classy off the pitch though.

Legend14

Established Member
What’s Özil’s objective? Stay and not play and hope that Arsenal continues the downspin so he can somehow boast that Arsenal needed him?

Arsenal seem to have no intention of allowing him to play, so he is wasting the end of his career.

If Arsenal turns it around, any Özil distraction will fade away and many will question his motivation to play football.

Keplaz

Easily, the only ones that truly compare to him are Arda and Tugay.

Arda also isn't the best human being.
I also rated Hakan Sukur. He was a baller back in the day. His life has been ruined by Erdogan. He now sells books and drives Uber in the US apparently.

I don't know why Özil would go anywhere now. If he finishes his contract and leaves on a Bosman, it's a win win for him.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What’s Özil’s objective? Stay and not play and hope that Arsenal continues the downspin so he can somehow boast that Arsenal needed him?

Arsenal seem to have no intention of allowing him to play, so he is wasting the end of his career.

If Arsenal turns it around, any Özil distraction will fade away and many will question his motivation to play football.

His objective is to see out his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom