• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Morten Gamst Pedersen

Rocafella

Established Member
I have no idea why there aren't punishments for players who threaten to or go on strike.

Something along the lines of when they're on strike, them being denied their wages. That would make them think twice.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
well if they did that rocafella, the shortcomings will be the player causing rift within the squad and board or disturb the preparations of the whole team including staff, thats the last a manager needs.
fining them wages has no positive at all, they already want to leave so just ignore them and deal with the matter at a later date..
modern managers tend to drop the players as their minds are elsewhere and not with the team and teams nowadays have more quality so someone can easily step in but i believe in old school and grabbing the players neck and talking to the player like a mentor instead of backing off

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Remember when I said that Wenger should tell Reyes to piss off if he didn't want to play for Arsenal instead of selling him for half of what we paid? People told me that didn't make a lot of sense.

kamikaze80

Established Member
Glovegun said:
a) Rosicky and Hleb can make true wingers

b) how the Eboue-experiment works

c) how Theo progresses

d) whether he likes the look of Gibbs or Vela
i can tell you right now that B and D are non-starters.

re: alves, i wouldnt be shocked to see him play on the right wing sometimes for chelsea as well. the kid just owns that flank. cant even tell you how much i hate chelsea right now. so much for not spending, eh, mourinho? you dumb ****.

Christofaux

Rocafella said:
I have no idea why there aren't punishments for players who threaten to or go on strike.

Something along the lines of when they're on strike, them being denied their wages. That would make them think twice.

Probably because its a job and players can sue clubs just like an employee to their employer.

jackycreegs

I don't see why the clubs don't sue the striking players. Refusing to play must surely be in breach of their contract.

mood

The papers seem to link us to players who only have clauses in their contracts. Like Martins, I doubt our interest in him was ever true. And I think it's the same for Pederson. I hope it's true, as he's a player with good crosses and goals in him, and he's a left-winger... but I doubt so. I dont think Wenger is even looking.

Asterix

Established Member
stuart said:
I really, really, really dont think we are gonna sign Pedersen. I'd be very surprised if the interest is genuine

I'll go so far as to say I'll buy you a case of Guiness if we do.

And if I ever meet you in the flesh.....

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
August 15, 2007

ARSENAL can forget about landing Morten Gamst Pedersen for £8million before the transfer window shuts.

Gunners chief Arsène Wenger is reported to be preparing a bid for the Norwegian attacker.

But Rovers boss Mark Hughes said: “He isn’t going anywhere and particularly not for £8m considering the price of players now.”

Blackburn face Arsenal on Sunday and Sparky added: “We’ve heard nothing from Arsenal and, in the week leading up to the game, possibly someone has been a little bit naughty.

“It isn’t based on any fact. We’re not interested in selling Pedersen.”

www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000- ... 74,00.html

Glovegun

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
Glovegun said:
a) Rosicky and Hleb can make true wingers

b) how the Eboue-experiment works

c) how Theo progresses

d) whether he likes the look of Gibbs or Vela
i can tell you right now that B and D are non-starters.

re: alves, i wouldnt be shocked to see him play on the right wing sometimes for chelsea as well. the kid just owns that flank. cant even tell you how much i hate chelsea right now. so much for not spending, eh, mourinho? you dumb f**k.

You think Eboue will revert to RB then?

guinertron

I do like Gamst but i do think it would be silly money that Rovers owuld want. If the Spuds can piss 16 million on Bent then its a free for all regarding proper players

Gurgen

Established Member
We're offering 8m, they want 16m, end of story. He's not worth a penny more than 8m anyway if you ask me.

No.8_Wright

Arsenal.com

Arsène Wenger has denied he is bidding for Blackburn winger Morten Gamst Pedersen.

Media reports on Tuesday linked the Norwegian with a move to Emirates Stadium but this was flatly denied by the Arsenal manager when the suggestion was put to him ahead of this evening's game at Sparta Prague.

“No [I have not bid for him],” he said.

Thats the end of this story...

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Media trying to stur things up before the Arsenal-Blackburn game.

This thread pretty much sums up our transfer summer so far.

qs

Established Member
Gurgen said:
We're offering 8m, they want 16m, end of story. He's not worth a penny more than 8m anyway if you ask me.

In the current market he's worth at least £12m.

qs

Established Member
brianfrance said:
I can see West Ham paying £12m or Sp**s paying 16, not Arsène.

What Arsène would pay and whats market value aren't exactly the same thing :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom