• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Most overrated Arsenal players

Dennis10

Overrated is too vague a term too.

If anyone thought Alexis was as good as Messi, then yeah you have overrated him...but no one thought that ffs!

"Not good enough to be a talisman"... literally Panenkaed a pen that won Chile their first ever trophy, and dragged a dying and injury riddled Arsenal team to Arsène's record FA cup win in 2017 (while scoring and basically creating both goals v a proper Chelsea team in the final) what a crap player he was 😅

I never said he was crap! He was very good and almost unplayable when things worked for him. However, I felt that a lot of fans refused to see what was his obvious problems were. He would ruin many attacks on extremely optimistic attempts at dribbling, and I thought he played too much for himself. Some people will obviously disagree, but this is a highly subjective debate. I know that many fans rate him higher than I do; thus I think he is overrated :p

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I never said he was crap! He was very good and almost unplayable when things worked for him. However, I felt that a lot of fans refused to see what was his obvious problems were. He would ruin many attacks on extremely optimistic attempts at dribbling, and I thought he played too much for himself. Some people will obviously disagree, but this is a highly subjective debate. I know that many fans rate him higher than I do; thus I think he is overrated :p

This isn’t the worst take tbh.

He was selfish and bloody minded at times. But that fit well with the team we had at the time I think. Guys like Özil and Giroud did more in service of others and they needed someone like Sanchez in there.

I’ve said this before but Martinelli in that team would have been 🔥

bakaboo

It was quite obvious most players around him were not on the same wavelength. Thus he rather drive the team on his own determination. He combined well with Özil thou, as they were on the same wavelength.

I vaguely remembered the team rarely pressed the defenders until he arrived. He was a 1 man pressing machine on the front, urging the rest to do the same

GoonerJay24

Rice by far. He's contributed and provides great solidity. In possession, very good ball carrier but we're a possession side not a direct team. The key technical component of possession is passing, Rice is limited here.

Against West Ham, it was a good performance particularly scoring and assisting a couple. In terms of general midfield play, nothing special. Ødegaard and White inverting were more impressive.

GoonerJay24

Overrated is too vague a term too.

If anyone thought Alexis was as good as Messi, then yeah you have overrated him...but no one thought that ffs!

"Not good enough to be a talisman"... literally Panenkaed a pen that won Chile their first ever trophy, and dragged a dying and injury riddled Arsenal team to Arsène's record FA cup win in 2017 (while scoring and basically creating both goals v a proper Chelsea team in the final) what a crap player he was 😅

I thought the team dynamic seemed less cohesive with Alexis. Arguably the best Emirates era player, loved him. But something about his game didn't fully sync with the other Wenger-type players. Although he and Özil built a good on-field relationship, they often hampered each other's game by frequently occupying similar spaces.

Wenger was smart to use the 3-4-2-1 formation to accommodate them both optimally, but we couldn't sustain that form.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
The most underrated player (during his playing days) at Arsenal was Gilberto Silva imo.

Now we look back and rate him sure, but back then I remember him catching pelters on the regular and it used to drive me mad. One of those players whose contribution was only truly recognised when he wasn’t in the team no more.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Remember his goal in the FA cup final? Or the fake shot then dink over the keeper when through on goal. Him, RVP and Henry are the true world class Arsenal attackers that I remember.

He literally clears every forward we’ve had since him, bar maybe Auba.
His backheel goal vs United is my favorite, slick movement and execution.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Don't disagree with the Alexis criticisms, but also don't think those make him overrated. Probably needed a shorter leash if anything.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Xhaka was probably underrated by most fans and he's clearly a good player, but he was definitely overrated by all his managers.

Banners and planes, stripped of captaincy, 8th place finishes, regardless of it all each of his managers clinged onto the brudda for dear life and even with his brilliant final two seasons I still don't get how he more or less did a decade at the club of all the players that have come and gone.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd say Özil.
He is a very good player, but people here talks about him like he is Maradona level while I am not even sure he is above Cesc Fabregas / Santi Cazorla.
His aversion to shooting really hampered him to be a next level player.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Hmmm… I’m gonna go Koscielny.

This is mainly because I’m currently being treated to Saliba and Gabriel every week, I must admit :lol:. At this peak I thought Kos was an elite CB, fair to say he probably never was.

One thing that bugged me about him is he used to either go off injured or get sent off in a lot of crucial games. He was fantastic for us but I think a lot of us used to force him in the “top PL cb” debate.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Hleb and Eduardo.

Eduardo I understand he dropped off after his leg break, but come on man, some fans think he was the next R9. I never saw that tbh.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom