• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Arsenal vs Juventus | 28/03/06

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Flamini

• Eboue

• Fabregas

• Gilberto

• Hleb

• Pires

• Henry

• Reyes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wer

Henry for being at his inspirational best.
Cesc, Bobby, Matty, Kolo and Reyes also did well.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Fab-regas all the way, The kid is only 18 and with all the WWE Jurassic park, tyrannosaurus Rex V Oviraptor death match,who will come out on top? **** media turning the game into. and still the kid outshone emerson and paddy.

we should all be very proud of the kid. anyhoo he was the official MOTM ;D

beanz

Octavio - gunner said:
Special mention to Gilberto, did you see him threatening Zlatan to kick his ass after the game? That was amazing he was mad!! No wonder why Zlatan went hiding the rest of the game.
Yeah I saw that, didn't see what the ruckus was about, though it's most ungilberto like, I had too chuckle. :D

Canuck

Established Member
Toure for me.
Tough call between the two front runners but for my money, not conceding an away goal is a huge boost. So that just puts Kolo ahead for me.

DC Gunner

Established Member
I really can't pick Toure, Cesc, OR henry over each other, But since I have to vote :D then Cesc it is.

Bert and Pires played very well [We would be in better shape in the league had they started the season that way :p]

IBL

Established Member
I have to agree with most here on the order of MotM: Cesc, Toure then Henry.

Cesc, for an 18 year midfielder against two experienced international defensive midfielders, he dominated the park and scored as well as made a goal. Toure is turning into one of Europes most accomplished defenders. Henry proved again what a big match bottler he is by scoring and setting up a goal as well as giving the Juve defense the run-around all match.

biglunn

For me, the best player was Toure.

Nothing.... I repeat... NOTHING inspires a team with more confidence than having an outstanding centreback. A midfielder/forward can get away with making mistakes but an error from a defender/keeper nearly always punishes a team. Toure at CB is a ROCK. The rest of the players play much more freely and fearlessly if they know that the defenders/keeper are comfortable. Kolo has been magnificent marshalling that patched up defence. Toure is possibly the most perfect defender.

Very close second is Fabregas. Absolutely outstanding considering who he was up against. Even more outstanding considering he is only 18!

I had a chat with an older gentleman at work today - a forty something year old technician who doesnt watch fooball that much these days, who isnt an Arsenal fan (Leeds fan actually)... he watched the game and he was shocked. Shocked in the sense he watched the WHOLE game (he hasnt watched a whole game for years) so gripped was he watching the game. He praised EVERY arsenal player, but one player that really impressed him was Eboue. Massive performance from him - Lauren is simply NOT going to get back as a regular. Im just thinking of our team with Cole on the left and Eboue on the right - how attacking is that? The futures bright. The futures Arsenals.

Viper

Established Member
Was a hard one, but in my opinion it has gotta be Toure.

Toure was immense. He was the reason why we didn't concede a goal. Brilliant, brilliant defender.

Special mentions to Fabregas though. He got a goal, and an assist, and was brilliant throughout the match but Toure may perhaps have saved us from Juve scoring an away goal, which could've made all the difference in the world..

Mark

Established Member
Has to be Fabregas, without even taking into account the fact that he had such a point to prove against the man he replaced, and who some doubted he could replace. Awesome.

vanderguy

Fabregas, this boy is a genius,couple of months ago someone said he was overrated we now know who is overrated :lol: praise to toure and the great titi.fabregas may he live long.

shaz

yes, special mention has to go to eboue. what a wonderful and confident performance.

yayo77

toure for me.what he did defensively was just as important, maybe more so than what cesc did offensively.(baring in mind we didnt concede an away goal).

longrufus

Established Member
1. Cesc 'Absolutely' Fabregas.
Dominated one of the best midfield partnerships in club football. Controlled the game, was the heartbeat of the team, great going forward and great going back. Scored a cracker, and made another. The perfect performance.

2. Toure, Big Phil and Gilberto.
The three of them controlled the Juve offence. Senderos was winning everything coming his way, and in my opinion was right to take Zlatan down. Gilberto was 1st to every breaking ball, and stopped Juve playing. Toure was everywhere, cleaned up all the loose ends.

3. Flamini and Eboue.
Were great defensivly, Eboue had some great tussels with Mutu and always came out on top. Flamini snubbed out anything coming his way. They also made crucial contributions going foward, giving that extra option out wide which stretched the Juve lines, making room for breaking players throught he middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom