• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Arsenal vs Real Madrid | 08/03/06

Who is the MAN?!

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flamini

• Toure

• Eboue

• Ljungberg

• Hleb

• Fabregas

• Reyes

• Gilberto

• Henry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rich300

I voted Eboue. Cant believe how much this guy gets forward, and is also an amazing defender.

Bit early to think about him replacing Lauren maybe, but I think he will become one of the best right-backs in the world sooner rather than later.

Hope he continues his amazing form in the last 10-15 games of the season and has a good World Cup.

ucup33

There is three players on my candidate list. One is Hleb, second Lehman, third Gilberto. Why ?. Hleb working hard, keep running, excellent dribbling. Lehman with two supersave in a matter of second. Gilberto had a tackle of the match, cleanly win the ball in the penalty area made Ronaldo can do nothing about it. Since the game is 90 minutes and you can see the one who provide the most is Hleb, I got to choose Hleb. HLEB !!!!.

If I choose Lehman, Hey Casilas also made a very good save. If I choose gilberto, There is Roberto Carlos also can clear the ball when Pires try to shoot from a very very long range.

Biggus

Established Member
baccy_man said:
i noticed that no one has mentioned Reyes. and he ran his heart out aswell.

i voted for Jens for his saves.

Mum always said to me if you can't say anything good about someone....don't say anything at all :wink:

It has to be crazy Jens....he got fingers to both Rauls strikes 8) superb recovery.....Special mention to Alex H (Just wish he could score) and Leather lungs Eboue....heh heh you'd know I was a keeper in a previous life.

sabret00the

Established Member
how the **** could Senderos not make the poll he was my man of the match without a doubt, he headered everything that came his way clear. was immense at the back, as was Toure, but Senderos more.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Mad Jens for me. How the hell have his hands become so safe? Two seasons ago I would've picked to him drop at least one or two of the type of balls Real launched at him, but his handling and command of the area was flawless.

gunner_down_under

I voted for Flamini, because he was just as good as anybody else on the pitch....but the more noticeable ones were Toure, Ebour, Gangsta Gleb, Henry, Freddie, ......ah **** it, everyone including Walcott and Wenger!!!!

Canadian Gooner

Everyone on the list has got at least one vote (even Senderos with Sabre's vote). I think that alone just goes to show how well the entire team played.

It was way to close for me, I couldn't even vote. Everyone did fabulous. Congrats on a huge team victory

invisibleman18

Established Member
Between Henry and Hleb for me. Henry I thought was magnificant, thoroughly deserved a goal.
But I think I'll go with Hleb, he didn't start very well but as the game went on he got better and better and had an exceptional game.
Everyone was superb though.

Rohit

Established Member
Hleb for me,oozed class and i thought through his work was an inspiration to the whole of midfield as well.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
close call between hleb and lehmann.

but i voted for hleb.

he received too much stick up his arsenal before and now he's starting to pay his price tag.

good job terminator!

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Hleb, he was brilliant throughout the two matches.

Special mentions to Eboue had another great match and the rest of the team. It was a brilliant team performance from our lads.

Poll closes: Friday

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
ARSENAL-MANIA MAN OF THE MATCH WINNER

Juan Roman Lopez Caro

4e27d5lopezcarop.jpg

Congratulations to first time winner Juan Roman Lopez Caro for his tremendous performance at Highbury on Thursday morning (Wednesday night). His team selections and inspirational substitutions almost got Real Madrid the goal they needed so badly.

We here from Arsneal-Mania congratulate Juan Roman Lopez Caro, and more specifically his decision to leave Ronaldo on.

Well done Mr. Lopez Caro!

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
On a more serious note....

Alexander Hleb gets my vote. He absolutely tortured Roberto Carlos on that right side like Reyes did in the first leg. I have not seen any player in the World dribble as he does. Truly sensational.

KingReyes

Established Member
The more I think about what happened during the game the more I realise how important Gilberto was for us on the night.

Just like Jens he made a last ditch save on Ronaldo which could have seen him score and his defensive work rate is what he was bought for. On any other night he would have gotten the MOTM for me but two players stood out just as much as him.

Jens was awesome on the night and has been all season. That save on Raul was heart stopping and the spirit and athleticism he showed was immense.

Hleb played his best game for the club, he really is a joy to much and I understand why Wenger believes in him after all he sees him in training.

Therefore I give it to Hleb but overall congrats to all of them.

Meek

The Whole Team. However, if I had to pick, it would have to be Hleb, followed very closely by Mad Jens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom