• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - CL: Arsenal vs Real Madrid | 08/03/06

Who is the MAN?!

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flamini

• Toure

• Eboue

• Ljungberg

• Hleb

• Fabregas

• Reyes

• Gilberto

• Henry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mistaz23

Hleb for me. He is definately going to make it here if he keeps performing that well. Once he learns how to shoot, he'll be even better. With players like Henry, Pires and Reyes around, he has to learn how to strike a ball. I cant believe the Sun gave him a 6 in their ratings.

Aleksandr Hleb 6
THE unpredictable midfielder never seems to know what he is going to do next and frequently gave the ball away in dangerous positions.

He did make some bad passes in the first half but come on, they couldve at least given him a 7. I personally think that he deserved an 8. Lehman was immense and everyone else played their hearts out as well.

Side Note: I thought Zidane played really well today. He didnt do anything spectacular, but his touch was second to none and he kept things moving for madrid. He also made alot of good passes and one great run and cross in particular that beckham should have converted. He is still a world class player IMO and should not fall under criticism for their loss.

Sammer

Established Member
If you define MOTM as an award for a single player making a significant impact on our game, it´s got to be Jens Lehmann.

That save was the crucial moment of the match. Real were all over us and if that rebound would have hit the back of the net, I am not sure, if we would have the strength to stop them.

The players who comes close is obviously Alex Hleb, who played an outstanding 2nd half.
Kolo was a rock again and stopped Ronald McDonald with ease.

Special mention to Eboue, who will be a serious challgenger for Lauren´s place - and Matthieu Flamini, who did an amazing job (even better than in Madrid) in keeping Beckham very quiet.

Chips&CurrySauce

Spot on Sammer! Lehman was superb, claimed every cross, made a few saves without spilling the ball and probably made the best save of the season..

Hleb also was awesome, his ball control is unreal at times..

Eboue, man this kid is grease lightening.. On the break he flies down the wing, such a threat and could have won us the game..

Korsar

Greetings from Belarus and congratulations to all fans of the Arsenal with good game of a Team! Gleb is the best!!!

Rahul

Has to be lehman.

as henry said his save changed the tie and quite rightly so.

special mention to hleb though he deserves a lot more credit than he recieves.

beanz

What a jolly spiffing show the chaps put on for us, I was bally well out of my seat for the the whole of the last 20 minutes.
Did we have 12 men on the pitch? it certainly seemed like it.

So where's the poll button for: "THE WHOLE DAMN TEAM" :respect [/b]

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
beanz said:
What a jolly spiffing show the chaps put on for us, I was bally well out of my seat for the the whole of the last 20 minutes.
Did we have 12 men on the pitch? it certainly seemed like it.

So where's the poll button for: "THE WHOLE DAMN TEAM" :respect [/be]

hleb alone made us looked like we have 3 players in the same position so we played with 13 players altogether :lol:

Tegh

Established Member
For me it's got to be Hleb.
His injury knocked him out of stride and it's taken him a little while to regain fitness and form, but he's shown great character to put in two performances like that against Real with all the recent headlines against him. This guys first touch and on the ball skills are just out of this world. Another great performance, keep up the good work!

An honourable mention to everyone, but in particular, Jens, Kolo and Freddie.

jacc_7_1

lehman... his stop from raul was simply world class.. his refusal to be beaten and show the world that he deserve the starting place in the WC06..
simply world class..

gunnerGH

Established Member
I was really suprised with eboue....so despite lehmanns amazing perfomance im going to give it to him

James

Established Member
Gilberto for me. Put his best performance in of the season, broke up alot of Madrid's play and also started alot of our moves going forward. Did his job brilliantly.

Special mention to Flamini as well who has really sloted into left back superbly. Nigel Winterburn anyone? :lol:

Hleb also had a good game, but he just holds onto the ball a bit too long for my liking. He missed a couple of through balls for Freddie because of it, but other than that was faultless!

scruzgooner

i chose jens, but hleb was a MONSTER last night. if he has suddenly clicked into that kind of form vein, we're in far better shape. the number of times he accelerated with the ball, kept it just the right amount of time, then dinked it off to someone in good position to move into more space...i lost count.

that said, jens was simply the man. commanding, and his save of that raul attempt was a thing of beautiful desperation. i also think his interaction with raul (props to raul, too :respect ) after that foul cemented the feeling of the game. it could have gone niggly and edgy, but it kept its head high. i don't think he was caught out all night, except maybe raul's off the post, and his distribution was spot on.

James

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
You're right actually James.

Gilberto was absolutely immense.
His recent performances have been shocking, but he was never going to get the recognition he deserved last night.

I'm glad The Sun picked up on it though with their ratings. Him, Jens and Flamini were immense last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom