• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - LC: Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal | 10/01/06

Who was our MOTM?

• Almunia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Senderos

• Gilbert

• Djourou

• Cygan

• Gilberto

• Flamini

• Hleb

• Quincy

• Reyes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Senderos by a mile, especially after his performance in the last game.

Tegh

Established Member
Mark said:
Flamini for me. Should've worn the armband. He played like a real leader and I loved him yelling at everyone just before the second half, plus he was everywhere and worked very hard. Cannot for the life of me get why no one on here likes him.

Senderos and Almunia were also excellent.
I too was impressed with Flamini, and he tried to grab the game by the balls, I like him.

For those of you who voted Cygan, hello?
Throw in - out of position Cygan - goal.

Not entirely his fault, Hleb was more at fault as he should have been goal side, but he wasn't, and Cygan was out of position. Other than that, he did fine.

gun4glory

Mark said:
Flamini for me. Should've worn the armband. He played like a real leader and I loved him yelling at everyone just before the second half, plus he was everywhere and worked very hard. Cannot for the life of me get why no one on here likes him.

True... Flamini played well... I like him, if that means anything... lol...

It's sad how the worst player thread has more posts and votes then the MOtM thread...

qs

Established Member
Cygan got fleeced a ****ing load of times. Kavanaghs cross came from his side where Hleb was trying to cover for Pascals ineptitude.

Arsenal_4eva_14

lopl i threw in the Quincy vote... Seeing as everyonehere is obsessed with him for God knows what reason i threw my vote ot him haha, cant go wrong!

Let me ask though, how many of use have actually seen him on a regular basis. Because i no most us foreigners havn't, eyt half of them are calling for him to be a first team regualr on our wing?

Jkreffer

Established Member
Senderos was awesome today. I have to admit I was a little worried about the battle with Roberts and he came out of it with full marks.Superb covering aswell. Looks a real leader.

sabret00the

Established Member
Arsenal_4eva_14 said:
lopl i threw in the Quincy vote... Seeing as everyonehere is obsessed with him for God knows what reason i threw my vote ot him haha, cant go wrong!

Let me ask though, how many of use have actually seen him on a regular basis. Because i no most us foreigners havn't, eyt half of them are calling for him to be a first team regualr on our wing?
in all fairness, like half the team out there (in all the games that we've played 4-5-1) it's plainly obvious the system doesn't suit him. saying that he generally just had a bad game anyway.

Legend#1

Established Member
Big Phil.

Good performances by Almunia, Gilbert, Cygan..

Gilberto wasn't bad.. Flamini run around a lot, got stuck in a bit.. But can't pass for ****.. and has the composure of a rabbit having a siezure.

eddie_wills

Legend#1 said:
Gilberto wasn't bad.. Flamini run around a lot, got stuck in a bit.. But can't pass for s**t.. and has the composure of a rabbit having a siezure.

His ball through to Ljungberg for our only chance of note was the one piece of incisive passing the team showed in the match.

Plus his touch in tight areas in midfield really impressed me.

That said, he just doesn't get involved enough in a 5 man midfield in my opinion, he seems to want to do Gilberto's job of receiving the ball from the defence and Gilberto seems to want to give it to the more creative Hleb or one of the wingers. You could argue of course that this is because Gilberto doesn't fancy Flamini's ability to create.

Could have got stuck in more as well.

But yes... good player... not sure what my point is.

James

Established Member
Senderos. Seemed to handle the threat of Roberts alot better than Sol just over a month ago.

Credit to Flamini and Almunia also. Gilberto and Gilbert also played well in my opinion.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
after the game last night, my man utd friend wished fergie would've bought senderos earlier LOL

Chips&CurrySauce

Gilberto, Almunia and Senderos are the only 3 players that emereged with any real credit.. Almunia was solid and played the sweeper role really well, he also has an excellent attitude towards the youngsters.. Gilbert for a youngster was fearless, can defend properly and plays it simple.. However Senderos stood out.. Wasn't out muscled by Roberts at all and covered for Cygan well also..

The rest of the team was pants! People saying Gilberto and Flamini is laughable.. The reason why we can never control any possesion is largely down to our central midfield, which is incapable of playing controlled football.. When Cesc came on you saw the difference in quality immediately

Lukazan

Established Member
Mark said:

Agreed, and I am fan of Flamini, check my thread.. it's around somewhere.

The second half from him wasn't great but his work rate was exceptional all the way through (it always is). I remember moments towards the end of the match where he was getting absolutely battered because he was chucking himself in to tackles regardless of the outcome.

Apart from Senderos I don't think I remember a single other player going to ground... :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom