• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | 12/03/06

Who was our MOTM?

• Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toure

• Flamini

• Eboue

• Gilberto

• Fabregas

• Hleb

• Henry

• Pires

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tegh

Established Member
It's a shame that Fabregas is going to get robbed of an A-M MOTM award because Henry got the goals.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Tegh said:
It's a shame that Fabregas is going to get robbed of an A-M MOTM award because Henry got the goals.

he was good but henry swung the game in our favour at the depth....just like the legend he is

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Tegh said:

I know you're doing your best to get Henry to Barca (I hope they're paying you good money) but I have to agree with you.

That said, Thierry yesterday was like the Thierry of old, if he does win it, you couldn't really complain..

Gurgen

Established Member
Anyone see Cesc and Henry on MotD?

Interviewer to Cesc: 'Were you fouled for their goal?'
Henry sneakily to Cesc: 'Say yes.'
Cesc: 'Yes, of course, ....'

:lol:

Tegh

Established Member
Mate, if he's going to have the correct attitude when playing, then I'm not going to turn him down for another season, possibly two.

His achillies seriously seemed to be affecting him, and his attitude just wasn't right. The last three games he's been exceptional, and he's showing hunger and desire. If he's going to keep doing that, I have no problem even though I still think he's not our best possible captain.

I honestly believe Fabregas should have walked this poll.

kel varnsen

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Tegh said:

I know you're doing your best to get Henry to Barca (I hope they're paying you good money) but I have to agree with you.

That said, Thierry yesterday was like the Thierry of old, if he does win it, you couldn't really complain..

i don't get it. do you people hold henry to higher standards than everyone else? cesc played well yesterday, but henry was the man of the match. by far.

Tegh

Established Member
Well, when you use 'by far' as the reason for voting him as MOTM, I see the error of my ways.
Obviously I was wrong in thinking that Fabregas made the centre of midfield his against three very established, exceptional, older midfielders.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Well, from where I was standing, and from where Sky were watching, Cesc was the man of the match, it's an opinion kel. Therefore it's no less correct than your subjective assertion that Henry was the man of the match.

And did I not acknowledge that Thierry was superb? Cesc took on players yesterday that some here feel he has no business being on the same pitch (check the Diaby Gilberto partnerships that people were bandying around ahead of this game) and yet he made some very good players look very ordinary. The amount of times Cesc did something that had me shaking my head and laughing at his precociousness is why I voted for him as man of the match.

But as I say, it's just an opinion.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Tegh said:
Well, when you use 'by far' as the reason for voting him as MOTM, I see the error of my ways.
Obviously I was wrong in thinking that Fabregas made the centre of midfield his against three very established, exceptional, older midfielders.

which proves my point. you favor cesc because his age, experience etc. not by how he actually performed in comparison to henry. henry was unstoppable yesterday. scored two goals(first one a real stunner) and should have made two assists(pires and ade).

Tegh

Established Member
**** off Kel, if you think you don't take things like that into account then you're more stupid than I thought in the first place.

Fabregas was immense, and better than Henry in my opinion. Unless infact it was actually Henry passing that through ball to himself, then having the ability to teleport from one position on the pitch into another to get onto the end of that pass, then sure, he gets MOTM.

Henry could have had about four goals.

Tegh

Established Member
In my opinion, read that carefully you prick, Fabregas was the best player on the pitch. I've seen you post some ****, but the, what can only be described as horse-sh!t, you've posted in the last hour or so takes the biscuit.

**** this thread you're giving me a seizure with your fuc|<tardedness.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Let's keep it friendly eh, chaps?

Thierry may have scored two goals, one of which was put on a plate for him, but he also missed two very presentable chances. His all round game was much better than it was a month ago, but was it better than Fabregas'? Not in my opinion, and not in the opinion of 42 other people here, who you will no doubt soon denounce as "clueless", as that is the kind of person you appear to be....

Ratinho

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Anyone see Cesc and Henry on MotD?

Interviewer to Cesc: 'Were you fouled for their goal?'
Henry sneakily to Cesc: 'Say yes.'
Cesc: 'Yes, of course, ....'

:lol:

:lol: I saw that, Heenry looking happy and cheeky like his old self. I think the likes of Cesc, Hleb and Eboue being around are helping him get back in teh flow, gioving him a brighter outlook right now.

And Cesc outplayed Gerrard, Hamman and Alonso in the centre, and completely dictated the tempo of the game. He was clearly MotM, and naming Henry second doesn't mean he wasn't brilliant too.

qs

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
some here feel he has no business being on the same pitch (check the Diaby Gilberto partnerships that people were bandying around ahead of this game)

I think alot of that was less that Fabs not the best option in midfield but more he worked his sockls off against Real and might be feeling it.

He clearly wasnt :D

Octavio - gunner

No doubt it should be a tie between henry and cesc.
Great game for Hleb, Pires, Toure and Eboue... well, the last few games it has really been a great team work.
Some of the players look like they need a rest... specially Henry he's played a lot now and has run a lot in the last games, hopefully with vP coming back henry can be rested a little...

Viper

Established Member
Fabregas for MoTM.

Henry may have scored the 2 goals, but Fabregas was fabalous. He outplayed Gerrard, Alonso and Hamman and his first pass to Henry was brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom